The 1000 goal challenge!

The 1000 Goal Challenge

What you have to do: You have to make one of your players score over 1000 goals over his career and provide screenshots as proof. If you wish, you can also provide assists for your player and we can have a 1000 assists challenge, as well.

I will make and regularly update the scoreboard. It will look something like this:

Username ------------ Player ---------- Appearances--------Goals-------Assists

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robinho22-------Shlomi-Ben Shimon ----------782 --------- --844 ------- 478

This challenge may be completed with or alongside an existing challenge or career game. This is advised, as it will be funner for you.

If you are taking part, post below and tell me what player you are going to try the challenge with and I will add you to the scoreboard. If the player you have chosen isn’t banging them in, then feel free to change your player.

Please provide screenshots as evidence for your player’s achievements and as updates.

Please give as many updates as you can on your player, so I can keep the scoreboard up to date.

This challenge is specifically designed for 09 or 08 but this challenge may be done on any of the FM games or old CM games, as long as you provide evidence.

If you have any suggestions on how I can improve this challenge, please tell me.

No use of FM Modifier or any other FM modifying tool.

No use of Genie Scout for finding players with high PA, so that you get the wonder-kid strikers to complete the challenge with.

I forgot to add that international goals do count.

I'm going to make an effort at completing this one in England this year. I did it with Danny Roberts with FM06 and had chances to do it in Northern Ireland recently, although that didn't quite feel the same.

I would just love to be able to do it in England once again.

Guest roberto922

Had to read through that again just to see the mighty Wallace finish the challenge :D I'm definitely giving this a go on FM 09 in either GUndos or Dafuges challenge.

I shall probably attempt this. I'm hoping that my Hall of Fame Challenge will kick off this year. Came up with it a bit late last time round.

:) It'll be fun to try and get someone to score so many goals, I'm the kind of player that tends to bring in new strikers most years, will be hard putting my faith in just one of them!

Had to read through that again just to see the mighty Wallace finish the challenge :D I'm definitely giving this a go on FM 09 in either GUndos or Dafuges challenge.

I don't really think this is something that you can try to achieve.

I think it's more luck (getting an outstanding young player), than trying to find a player good enough to complete the challenge.

I don't really think this is something that you can try to achieve.

I think it's more luck (getting an outstanding young player), than trying to find a player good enough to complete the challenge.

I think you could 'aim' to do it in somewhere like Northern Ireland, where it is easy to score a lot of goals in the domestic games. I think I would have come pretty close had my player not left on a free transfer. There is a lot of luck involved though, in somewhere like NI you need to find the balance of enough ability to score the goals matched with the personality and the 'lack of ability' to spend his entire career there. If the player is too good someone will pinch him away from you.

Should be interesting to see if anyone can do a Danny Roberts and score all 1000 while in the English Premier League, I think that will be close to impossible now.

With the regen system apparently tweaked, this might well be possible. The main problem to me in 08 would have been that until they reach 21 or 22, you'd be severely limiting yourself by playing a youngster, even i he did have massive potential. If wonderkids are coming through that it's easier to throw in, might be more easier.

I might try this with my Rizhiquan strikers on FM08...

The only problem I see is that ST Liu Lijia is already 25 and my other ST Zhu Jinhui is only 19 but he's having an off year this season (2018)...

Also the Chinese Super League season lasts only 30 games. It's pretty hard to average over a goal a game...

I'll probably still try this though. :p

Ok good to see people having a go and post your results if you can.

It is for 09 really but if you don't have 09 then there is no reason whhy you can't complete it on one of the other versions.

Plus, the injuries won't be a problem after the release day patch.

Archived