Middle ground for an old question

Ive been on these boards for around a year, and a question/request that keeps coming up is for lower leagues to be added to the English pyramid.

Personally id love this, although there is the argument that more important leagues are still left out from different countries.

Whats stopping SI makin the leagues editable? So you can just create your own league to go beneath the conf north/south? Or maybe even leagues in other countries? Im sure it wouldnt be long before people start uploading their own league pyramids to the internet for everyone to enjoy, the information isnt that difficult to get and it would enhance my gaming experience for sure.

Thoughts on this? Any flash programmer type geezers wanna reply and tell if this would be just as difficult? I honestly dont know, but using my strange logic, it seems a good compromise

Well theres league's below the BSS/N but we just cant play as them

creating a league underneath all them leagues maybe, but just under the BSN/S would mess the game up

Well theres league's below the BSS/N but we just cant play as them

creating a league underneath all them leagues maybe, but just under the BSN/S would mess the game up

I don't get your point. If SI ever put the leagues in or allowed users to create their own leagues, how would it mess the game up?

The problem is, as has been discussed before, the detail of which SI can accurately add the clubs / leagues. Theres quite simply not enough researchers for these teams, and players in these teams change more often than the weather. In theory, I would LOVE this to be added. I'd like ama sunday leagues added to be perfectly honest, because the thought of building up a team fro there to the prem gets my juices flowing, but its just not going to happen.

Your missing the point. Im not asking SI to research anything. Simply put in place the means to create your own leagues with the editor, lets the fans do the research. I know i'd be game, but as pelicanstuff said earlier, if it will be full of bugs, then yes there isnt much point

Yes but if we can create our own leagues, then no-one will buy FM10. The amount of "new" features that work perfectly is always low, so with our own data there'd be no point in buying the next one.

Plus I wouldn't want us to go down the EA\Pro-Evo route of expecting the player will sort all the data problems/errors.

VB

Yes but if we can create our own leagues, then no-one will buy FM10. The amount of "new" features that work perfectly is always low, so with our own data there'd be no point in buying the next one.

Plus I wouldn't want us to go down the EA\Pro-Evo route of expecting the player will sort all the data problems/errors.

VB

I disagree with you there. Why wouldn't people buy the next game? That is like saying people will not buy FM09 due to updated databases that are released by people. The game would still start on the wrong date and each release is usually an improved game anyway. Features from the previous version that failed to work perfectly will most likely be improved to some extent in the next version.

I would welcome the addition of being able to create your own leagues but cannot see it happening because of the difficulties, I assume, of programming it so the game could cope with all kinds of weird leagues and scenarios that people would try to create.

Si wont give out the source code for rather obvious reasons, and even if they did some joker who can do some assembly couldn't do much with it in any time under 5 years. If there was some other way of allowing users to edit and make leagues playable that would be great but I'm not sure there is.

Si wont give out the source code for rather obvious reasons, and even if they did some joker who can do some assembly couldn't do much with it in any time under 5 years. If there was some other way of allowing users to edit and make leagues playable that would be great but I'm not sure there is.

It would be entirely possible to make editing/adding leagues possible via pre game editor. Don't get me wrong, to get it work without errors would be a huge task. But it certainly isn't impossible.

The problem is that right now, competitions are hard coded into the game.

So they'd have to totally rewrite how they handle competitions.

Certain aspects are editable, but too much is currently hard code-able.

I guess another problem apart from changing how it's structured is that if it's not hard coded, it can change, so we have to include the data in a saved game. Your saved game would now also hold information on how all the leagues and cups were structured, how they interlinked, etc. Longer saves, larger saves, more to be corrupted.

VB

Thats not true at all. We can already update our games data yet people still buy the next release.

This is a feature which I would love but I can imagine all the problems doing something like this would cause.

The best fix for this, in terms of giving us lower English leagues without SI having to do all the work is to add the league with false data. Then if we so wish, we could update it to real players with the editor. That would be unlikely to cause any bugs and would also save the huge amount of time adding in league editing.

Thats not true at all. We can already update our games data yet people still buy the next release.

This is a feature which I would love but I can imagine all the problems doing something like this would cause.

The best fix for this, in terms of giving us lower English leagues without SI having to do all the work is to add the league with false data. Then if we so wish, we could update it to real players with the editor. That would be unlikely to cause any bugs and would also save the huge amount of time adding in league editing.

Ker-ching!

Archived