FM10 - Eren Derdiyok

I didnt see a thread in the links thread, so here he is:

55191694-vietnmEren%20Derdiyok.jpg

Eren Derdiyok (born 12 June 1988 in Basel) is a Swiss footballer of Kurdish descent originally from Turkey who currently plays as a striker for Bayer Leverkusen in the German Bundesliga.

At 6' 3" Derdiyok is a powerful striker who can also fill in a centre-back if needed. He started his career with Swiss minnows BSC Old Boys at the beginning of the 2005–06 season in which scored 10 goals in just 18 appearances. FC Basel noticed his goal scoring instinct and snapped him up in 2006 at the age of 18. In the 2006–07 season, Derdiyok was used mainly as a substitute, playing only one full game, and averaging a total of 220 play minutes that season. For Derdiyok, the 2007–08 season proved to be a lot more profitable and he received regular playing time.

On 27 August 2008 he scored the winning goal in FC Basel's 2-1 win over Vitória S.C. at St. Jakob-Park which meant that Basel qualified for the UEFA Champions League. Also, in the UEFA Champions League, Derdiyok helped give Basel its first point by scoring the only goal against FC Barcelona at Camp Nou to tie the game in the 82nd min at 1-1.

Following another solid season in the Swiss top flight and a string of eye-catching performances for the national team, Bayer Leverkusen secured Derdiyok’s signature on 28 May 2009 commiting him to a four year contract until 30 June 2013. Derdiyok made his debut in the DFB Cup game on the 31st of July. In that game against SV Babelsberg 03, Derdiyok scored the game winning goal in the 67th minute to make the score 1-0.

International Career

Derdiyok made his international debut for Switzerland on 6 February 2008, as a second-half substitute against England at Wembley Stadium in London. He scored with his first touch of the ball to equalise, but they eventually lost 2-1. He was named as part of the Switzerland squad to play at UEFA Euro 2008 and was the youngest player at the tournament at 19 years old.

Derdiyok in FM

Just after the start of season 1

19ErenDerdiyok.png

Near the start of season 4

9ErenDerdiyok.png

This is entirely AI controlled, and he only caught my attention as Spurs paid £20M in Summer 2011 for him. He looks to be a strong target man who will work his socks off for the team. With this being AI development only, he might look better having been user controlled from the start.

edit:

dont know if its a fixed PA, but it is

Could of been a lot better if he got lucky with PA and was trained up! :(

Seen a screenshot of him looking like a lethal forward before, don't know where I see it though!

I shall now start a Leverkusen career and dedicate it to developing Derdiyok.

Really :D?

You could just sign him cheaply for another team?

Really :D?

You could just sign him cheaply for another team?

:rolleyes:

That would be less adventurous Ty.

Plus I am bored out of my mind of other teams; the german league sounds like just what I need.

Plus I'd rather leave him at his original club and not have to pay a hugely inflated price for him.

Just started the game up and he has been given a

177 PA

Sweet.

IMO he never seems to get great attributes, but still performes brilliantly. He became the top scorer in the world in 2015 aswell as top goal scorer in the 2014 world cup in my Notts County save. A great player, and must buy if not to expencive.

He had a quite an impressive season for me apart from he was out for about a month and a half of the season so he couldn't get the top scorer award I have been playing him as a target man though in a 4-2-4 formation and he seems to do good in it. I found he was more vicious infront of goal though up front alone in a 4-5-1 formation but that formation does not work for my team.

He actually got injured just when he was on superb form and then was out for a month and returned on the final game...

I managed to raise his determination to 18 using Helmes as a tutor first and then using Kiebling as a tutor; they proved to be good enough tutors.

If he can get as many goals as he did with a finishing of 12 in the first season though he must tear apart the league with goals when he has fully developed.

Here he is after the first season at Leverkusen:

14ErenDerdiyok-5.png?t=1277057095

Hopefully a scummy team like Tottenham doesn't decide to buy him in the future though; that would be very disappointing.

I shall now start a Leverkusen career and dedicate it to developing Derdiyok.

And I did, he has been absaloutely brilliant apart from when he gets injured.

But now he does this, the ****ing dickhead.

9ErenDerdiyok.png?t=1277649388

ThijsDeBoer.png?t=1277649388

I will keep him but can anyone advise me on how I can make him happy again?

I may have called him a dickhead earlier but my god he made up for his whinging and now he is enjoying playing for the club after my title win.

He is one of the main reasons for the title victory, his goal scoring record is good this year. Shame that he was beaten to top goalscorer by Podolski only because he has been injured and couldn't play as much.

Also you can see he's alot better than he has been before.

Quality player and a credit to manage...

Recommend that anyone who can, BUY HIM!

9ErenDerdiyok-2.png?t=1277825686

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back for yet another update, sorry for completely spamming this thread with my Eren updates but I have to. (one of the greatest threads ever this btw)

As he is doing brilliant, yet again.

Check out his assists aswell, not bad for a target man working predominantly in a 4-5-1 formation.

9ErenDerdiyok-4.png?t=1278524094

Target Man (Attack) in a 4-5-1 formation usually, I have switched to a 4-2-2-2 formation now though, he scored 2 in his first game in that formation though.

My problem with Eren is that he always seems to get injured at the exact wrong times, he is yet to be the league topscorer due to injuries each season stopping him.

I'd imagine his Goal average is pretty impressive though

I am using him with these instructions, you may disagree with my instructions but they're working fine.

Bayer04Leverkusen.png?t=1278527281

Obviously though the creative force of my midfield and wonder of the wingers is helping alot though. Having Alexis and Eren makes crossing worthwhile

New update

I know you're all probably tired of my regular Eren updates but I'm back for another seasonal update :D

He is now a legend for my side, so my career dedicated to him has worked out very well :cool: and won last seasons European Champions Cup golden boot, unfortunetly he came 2nd top goalscorer in the bundelisga AGAIN due to Podolski playing godly for Koln on FM as opposed to real life he also played less appearances than the top goalscorer again which infuriates me. However he had the most assists in the league and the 2nd highest average rating (Behind Alexis Sanchez from my team), I don't understand how a target man set to fully attack on mentality got most assists though but it just shows how godly Eren is.

But still here's how he did.

9ErenDerdiyok-7.png?t=1278782061

9ErenDerdiyok-6.png?t=1278782061

I've been playing as Leverkusen and am currently in February of season 1 and was very pleasantly surprised by his level of performance and scoring rate.

He's been banging them in for me so far, I play a 4-3-1-2 with him as a Target Man (Attack) alongside Helmes.

Archived