Don't forget the UI to help with tactics, training and tutoring.

I am making this specific to the above sections as I want it left here in this forum and not in general..... this is where I live ;)

I wanted to post some screenies of how to use the UI to your advtange when playing the game. As we all know its about information and this is just a few simple ways to use it to your advantage without being a technical genius!

Training overview screen:

1q2trm.jpg

Tutoring overview screen:

1gkg3o.jpg

General team selection screen:

15ojpn9.jpg

If you do not know how to create these, then let me know and I'll post some instrcutions.

LAM

Could only post 4 pics at a time, so here is my remaining one:

Tactical - Attacking Corners screen - btw I have these for ALL the player instructions:

qyiknl.jpg

Excellent post Lam, I was hoping someone might start a thread on Custom views. Just a little fyi for future, if you save your screenshots as .png they will show up much clearer.

Maybe you could explain the view options you choose and the order you set them so others (me) can quickly copy them.

Here is a screenshot of my customised first team squad screen I call "Match Day Info". It contains most of the key information I want to see at a glance for general squad management tasks, ranging from selecting a starting lineup to managing fitness to quickly being able to tell how to handle a particular player through interactions.

4r6gpz.jpg

The fields shown and the order selected is:

Picked Status

Player Status Information

Name

Position

Assistant Opinion of Best Position

Goals

Assists

Appearances

Minutes

Average Rating

Last 5 Games

Morale

Condition

Fitness

Personality (Coaching)

Squad Status

Good thread this. Could turn into something really useful.

Thanks for the replies!

Some good points in there, so I'll try my best to remedy them.

This is my tutoring screen:

357hysw.jpg

In order:

Name

Position

Best Position

Cnt (easier to see who is youngesters)

Current Ability

Potential Ability (be wary of these as they are determined by your assistant manager)

Personality

Nationality

Determination

Influence

Ideally we would want reputation in there to ensure that the tutor is of a sufficient celebrity status to get his pupil to listen

I'll post some of the other things a little later as I had done them alread and lost it when I hit back button!

LAM

Agree that this is a great thread. My "Match Day Info" is almost identical with SFrasers only I have Morale next to their Personality (and leave out the minutes played), also including Determination next to them.

This is one of the ( not so ) little mini features that I really enjoy and just like the analyzing tool, I think most people miss out on this one

Tactical - Attacking Corners.

This shows skills that I think are relevant for attacking corners... from agility to jink and jive to bravery when challenging the keeper!

a0z688.jpg

Tactical - Attacking Corners.

This shows skills that I think are relevant for attacking corners... from agility to jink and jive to bravery when challenging the keeper!

a0z688.jpg

I find balance important for attacking corners too.

Some great suggestions here. Only downside to this new feature in FM10 is you need bigger and better screens to get it all in.

Definately going to find a slot for "Mistakes" though. That's a peach of a suggestion.

Anyway of making this downloadable? Would make life a lot easier :)

It really would, something I hope finds its way into FM11.

Excellent post Lam, I was hoping someone might start a thread on Custom views. Just a little fyi for future, if you save your screenshots as .png they will show up much clearer.

Maybe you could explain the view options you choose and the order you set them so others (me) can quickly copy them.

Here is a screenshot of my customised first team squad screen I call "Match Day Info". It contains most of the key information I want to see at a glance for general squad management tasks, ranging from selecting a starting lineup to managing fitness to quickly being able to tell how to handle a particular player through interactions.

4r6gpz.jpg

The fields shown and the order selected is:

Picked Status

Player Status Information

Name

Position

Assistant Opinion of Best Position

Goals

Assists

Appearances

Minutes

Average Rating

Last 5 Games

Morale

Condition

Fitness

Personality (Coaching)

Squad Status

Good thread this. Could turn into something really useful.

How are you able to show so much information on the screen at one time? It doesn't seem to work for me. Thanks

How are you able to show so much information on the screen at one time? It doesn't seem to work for me. Thanks

I have a large screen with a high resolution. A smaller screen or a lower resolution will show less information. A larger screen or a higher resolution will show more information.

This applies to internet browsing as much as it applies to FM as much as it applies to cutting edge First Person Shooters and so on. Bigger screen/higher resolution = more stuff on the screen.

YOu can shrink many of the columns too. For example, the 'Last 5 games' bars can be shrunk to appear as lines rather than bars, the fitness column could be shrunk so that only the first 4/5 letters appear, which is all you really need.

Example:

2hwmzj5.jpg

LAM

This is brilliant. :thup:

I had used custom views to set my Free Kick/Corner Kick/Penalty Kick takers, and to search for players/staff. It never occurred to me to create custom views like yours Lam. Particularly the playing stats you can choose from is very helpful. I'm going to spend some time on this...

Excellent topic, i've already had one specifically with the match fitness field to make selections easier but never thought of making one with determination or personality, this really opens endless possibilities

EDIT: How do you make one of the views that you created the default one?

Excellent topic, i've already had one specifically with the match fitness field to make selections easier but never thought of making one with determination or personality, this really opens endless possibilities

EDIT: How do you make one of the views that you created the default one?

How do you get all the extra columns to show??? Would really find this a MASSIVE help. A step by step guide would be great.

1. It's kind of hard to make it the 'default' view mode. I find that if its the last one you looked at, it will be the same next time you enter the screen. For example, if I have one of my views up as my main 'team' view (F3), next time I press F3, then that same screen will appear. Sometimes, it doesnt work this way and sadly I have no idea why.

Any screen that has attributes listed in columns, you should be able to add to. Just right click on a current attribute (or near it) and you should be presented an option to add something else.

As I mentioned in point 1, there is currently no way to make these default. So. my attack corner screen will have to be selected from the sub menu, which appears at the top of the same menu you would be using to choose the standard corner settings..... if that makes sense!

LAM

ps.... a screenie might help!

ip6sd1.jpg

Hi Lam, how do you include the attack corner setting like near post flick on, attack from deep etc?

I'd like to know this too, if you copy the Attack Corners page, the setting disappears when you add something else, and when you do a custom page, I can't find an 'Attacking Corners' column to add?

(edit) actually just got it to work via the right click method.(/edit)

This has to be done from the tactical screen.

1. Call up the 'Attack Corners' instruction screen.

2. Right click on the bar with the little white arrow next to the words.

3. Add the desired columns

4.... and this is the key point that I think you might be missing. You MUST have a team or players selected. The option for their instructions do not appear if there are no players selected to appear.

16jmsxu.jpg

LAM

Very good thread and very useful indeed.

I too have used the custom options to set out the information I see on screen at a glance. This particular user interface is a great success given the options possible.

Like a lot of really good things, you take them for granted, so I'm pleased the interface is getting some much deserved kudos :)

thanks chaps ;)

Thats the thing with this game..... almost everything you want is out there..... you just gota go get it!

It really is a great addition. The one complaint I have is that your custom views show up for other sides first team screens but it wont show up for your own Youth Team! You can't find your custom screens in any of the save/load options when you are in Youth Team screen.

Shocking oversight!

Yeah..... you can make replicas for that team or your can filter from the first team and then use teh fitler on the right to show your reserves/U18 teams.... not ideal, but its a way around it.

LAM

I beleive that once you have created the relevant screens they stay within the game itself, therefore if you start with a new team, even from scratch, then it will still be there.

So, worse case scenario, you can create them for all teams and then you'll have them for the duration of the game.

LAM

Aaahh nice views :) ... gotta do some later.

Just wish the functionality worked better in FM10 ... resizing and moving columns can screw up the view completely. So playing around with it can be bothersome. But definitely a good feature and one I would use more if less "error-prone".

Thanks for the screenies and setup details :)

Archived