Lee Cattermole

CraigGore

Hi All,

I am starting a new arsenal career with a 09/10 db loaded. I am replacing KOLO with Hangeland and wanted some steal for my midfield.

Is Lee Cattermole worthy of a go. Whats his CA/PA. Anyone have good/bad experiences of him. He seems a good perfomer when controlled by AI. I think i can get for 10mill. (Bit pricey but english)

Any future screenies?

Please post

i wouldn say cattermole is far from a wenger signing...

cattermole is pretty much what arsenal could do with ....

and personally.. id go with cattermole over the others... he's young, british and he's got a little rom for improvement...

i think him and fabregas in the middle would be a friggin awesome partnership ..and would work for the a decade or so

CraigGore

I was wigan in a previous save. He doesn't develop much, but is a good player

I know exactly what you mean about players like veloso and palombo, i always try to avoid signing the same players on every game i start

I would go for Cattermole although he can only improve a little bit but already has decen stats, his PA needs looking at for FM10. You should get him as he is different the same players are mentioned on here all the time I do think that Maitudi would be a Wenger type signing aswell.

I agree Collison was terrbile when I signed him.

Wow Collison was great for my West Ham side. Goals, assists, tackles, MOM's, great all round midfielder. And he can play MRLC, which is brilliant to have in a small squad. Noble as well, scored 16 goals in one season.

CraigGore, you want a good DMC who isn't the norm go for Morgan Schneiderlin from Southampton. Awesome little player and in-keeping with Arsene Wenger, he is French as well.

As for Cattermole, always had good experiences with him. He is a solid DMC who gets the job done, much like Makelele did.

Chantome from PSG developed nicely on my save, top class DM.

But I don't think you'll make a mistake with Cattermole, you could wish for a few technical and physical stats to be better but he's brilliant mentally which is very important for a DM.

I don't see why you'd prefer him over some of the players recommended i.e Matuidi or Schneiderlin (sp) purely because he's english

I mean it's obviously good to have english players in and english team, but when there are much better options out there the nationality factor seems less important.

Plus you'll have enough money to buy in good young english players like delph who you can develop into first teamers for the future, along with the already good english young english players arsenal already have.

Just my opinion though :D

id always buy british over foreign ..

for many reasons...

few of which include ..

naturally patriotic and prefer a brit player

british players in british teams will adapt and settle in easier on the whole in the game

i like to bring my national bias stat up

i watch british football week in week out and love to have players i know well in my teams..

matuidi is great... and ultimately better then cattermole.. but id rather choose cattermole and would probably pay anything up to twice as much for him over matuidi etc

20 Aggression, 20 Bravery, 14 Tackling, 11 Decisions, Dives into tackles PPM. Well at least he'll injure a lot of players to go along with his cards.

That combination of attributes does seem to indicate a lot of cards! If he had higher decisions and tackling he'd be a lot more effective. But then he'd probably already be at one of the big 4.

How much does he usually cost I just started as Arsenal and bid up to £15 million and they rejected most of the bids but then came back with £31 million, even with negoiations this means he would cost £25 million thats way too much.

How much does he usually cost I just started as Arsenal and bid up to £15 million and they rejected most of the bids but then came back with £31 million, even with negoiations this means he would cost £25 million thats way too much.

They obviously don't want to sell him, have you gone down the unsettling route?

Cattermole have already been beefed up a lot in the recent patch. he wont be improving much despite his young age thus the price for him is often as a establish and developed player.

if you are really in need for a English player i would say get him!

In my Wigan save he hasn't progressed much atall. I'm in the January transfer window of the second season and Per Ciljan Skjelbred has become a "key member of my first team" where as Cattermole is just "a good player", just signed Moussa Sissoko as Cattermoles replacement aswell. Although he is my vice-captain...

Archived