Lionel Messi

McGann10

Just wanted to talk about the much talented playmaker and your best return on him including goals, assists and awards he may have won on your game and obvious questions what is his individual settings for him ? Do you have him on that free role which personally i think he must have or do you prefer to resrtict him to that right hand side ?

Post and let everyone knowabout your Messi.

as said it is now the end of the season... so will now help ya :)

first of all this is how he did in the season

Messi

06102009064934.th.png

and these are the instructions that are given to him in the tactic

06102009065101.th.png

sometimes i tweak the long shots to mixed against much weaker teams as messi can hit a shot quite well

anymroe questions and i'll be happy to help

How does a release clause work???

its a clause in a players contract that if a club offers a certain amount of money then the players club have no option but to accept it

you will see this in mainly Brazilian and Spanish based players

as said it is now the end of the season... so will now help ya :)

first of all this is how he did in the season

Messi

06102009064934.th.png

and these are the instructions that are given to him in the tactic

06102009065101.th.png

sometimes i tweak the long shots to mixed against much weaker teams as messi can hit a shot quite well

anymroe questions and i'll be happy to help

Where did you get the download for that background from?

at the player screen. usually when you bid for that player you will see it near the bottom of the screen

"XXXX" have a minimum release clause of "YYYY"

gotta disagree that every Spanish player have a minimum release clause. not sure about real life. but there are a lot of time when i bidded for Spanish player and i dint see it.

Personally i think Messi would be better trained as a ST because he doesnt seem to do it for many people out on the wing he has the abilities who else agrees ?

I kind of agree, but I don't have a ton of experience with him. I've managed to get some pretty good seasons out of him when I use one striker to hold up the ball for him. I've actually had better luck with getting Buonanotte playing like Messi IRL though. The Spanish release clause law is so ridiculous, most of the players clauses that I've seen are way more than anyone would want to pay for them, making them pretty pointless. Let's see if Madrid can get up to Villa's though and I'll retract that.

I used those two together and was very successful. I set them up like this:

Love:

Men 15

CF middle

PS middle

CD 13

Tackling normal

FR rarely

RWB often

LS mixed

TB often

CB mixed

Messi:

Men 18

CF 17

PS 3

CD 15

Tackling normal

FR often

RWB often

LS rarely

TB mixed

CB rarely

free role & target man to feet

free role & target man to feet only for messi.

I used this tactic for 3 seasons although I also have Benzema who was rotated with both of them and sometimes Messi played as AMR.

Apps(sub apps) - goals - assists

Messi

100(16) - 68 - 24

Love

125(12) - 114 - 30

In these 3 seasons I won the french league 3 times, 2 champions league titles and a load of other titles

One thing I have learnt with Messi is, like Benzema, to get him to learn the "Place Shots" PPM. He goes from a deadly winger to an insanely good goal poacher and can dribble and score from just about anywhere on the field. First two season's he was okay for me, never did amazingly, got him to learn the PPM and he became a complete monster on the right playing Balotelli off the park game in and game out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am deperately trying to sign Lionel Messi and have heard that his contract often gets renewed with a £35.5million minimum release fee. Has anybody heard about this or even better seen it happen??

When does it happen?

Do you need to 'tap him up' beforehand or unsettle him?

Thanks for you help?

aLlamaWithARifle, ballinisahabit is right. When you go to renew Messi's contract he always has an absurdly low release clause and if you aren't careful you can sometimes give him the contract and regret it when someone like Inter come in and sign him.

I've managed to activate that clause in the latest save I have going with Chelsea, but obviously so with Barcelona winning the league and champ's league (they did the treble again), he didn't want to come.

It usually happens during the first or second season, I am not sure but I thought that it didnt happen after 9.3.0 was released but I could be wrong. What team are you playing as?

I'm playing as Liverpool on 9.3.0 and the date is 16/7/2010 and his Minimum Release fee is about 168m

aLlamaWithARifle, ballinisahabit is right. When you go to renew Messi's contract he always has an absurdly low release clause and if you aren't careful you can sometimes give him the contract and regret it when someone like Inter come in and sign him.

I've managed to activate that clause in the latest save I have going with Chelsea, but obviously so with Barcelona winning the league and champ's league (they did the treble again), he didn't want to come.

That is exactly what I have read and am hoping for. When did this happen in your save?

That is exactly what I have read and am hoping for. When did this happen in your save?

Like ballinisahabit said, at the end of the second season he will always sign a new contract with a low release clause. Bojan's can also be very low as well, who is a player I also like picking up cheaply.

I've played as Inter Milan, Chelsea and Arsenal recently and every time the second season ends he signs a new deal with an absurdly low release clause. I don't think I have ever not seen him with an absurdly low release clause unless its the start of the game. Guess I just get very very lucky then *shrugs*.

I've played as Inter Milan, Chelsea and Arsenal recently and every time the second season ends he signs a new deal with an absurdly low release clause. I don't think I have ever not seen him with an absurdly low release clause unless its the start of the game. Guess I just get very very lucky then *shrugs*.

same here he has never failed to sign a contract with the 35.5 mill release clause on my saves!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived