Editing a players height makes a BIG difference.

DietSpam

Height is not "totally irrelevant". It's used to judge which part of the body the player touches the ball.... well, if that sounds too vague just edit one of your player's height to 10cm or so, and he will get a hell of a lot of headers -- sometimes a simple pass he can only flick on by jumping!

Don't mark my words, try for yourself. :)

Nonsense. Speculative nonsense. SI have repeatedly stated that height is not a parameter in the match engine.

I said "try for yourself", but if my description alone isn't incentive enough for you to do so, look at this screenie:

http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=heightke9.jpg

This is Ian Morris, a 183cm player with a jumping stat of 8, who has challenged in the air for exactly 10 times in the past 10 matches. This match against millwall I did nothing but changing his height to 1cm (and weight 1kg, because a mismatched height/weight makes the player look funny -- see op), and voila, he jumped 23 times because almost every pass to him is too high for him to use his feet. He couldn't use his feet properly and that's reflected in his other stats.

Now, you could imagine that I photoshoped the pic, or set him to a target man, or do whatever other tricks that might be possible, and continue to believe that height has absolutlely nothing to do with the match engine. Or, you could just go and try for yourself, and see for yourself.

And the "judge which part of the body the player touches the ball" statement is confirmed repeatedly by data researchers, if not other SI staff too.

Archived