impossible to beat top teams

why is it totally impossible to beat teams like Man United, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal away?

I have just started my save as Liverpool and have won every preseason match.

First game of the season is at old traford playing Man United.

I play a full defencive system using all the information and knowlege from this site, i get beat, they play like brasil played in the 60s and 70s,

so i rage quit and start the match again, some people might think this is cheating but i restart the game each time because i want to figure out how to beat them or at least get a draw.

Is it really possible to beat them or do i have to just loose and carry on.

I have tried a defensive system, counter system and even tried a balls out all attacking system, yet still get beat.

I am not going to continue until i beat them at their own game, if its at all possible.

What you as manager do is critical to the end result and these actions are:

Last game team talk

Team training between matches

Match preparation training

Pre-game press conference

Team selection

Team formation

Team and player instructions

Team mentality

Opposition instructions

Pre-game team talk

Players individual pre-game talk

In game tactical changes

Substitutions

Then you start the game, so if you have reloaded without going back to the start of this list, the the game calculation will be similar but probably not identical.

You have not given nearly enough detail for others to help, so read the forum guidelines and give more details if you want help

Your right hand side looks quite open, doesn't it?

Then there's the DCL who will give possession away by hoofing the ball, being a limited defender, which is a strange choice considering you want to play out of defence.

I'd also be quite interested to hear why you've chosen "look for overlap" when you already will have overlaps even without it anyway?

What you as manager do is critical to the end result and these actions are:

Last game team talk

Team training between matches

Match preparation training

Pre-game press conference

Team selection

Team formation

Team and player instructions

Team mentality

Opposition instructions

Pre-game team talk

Players individual pre-game talk

In game tactical changes

Substitutions

Then you start the game, so if you have reloaded without going back to the start of this list, the the game calculation will be similar but probably not identical.

You have not given nearly enough detail for others to help, so read the forum guidelines and give more details if you want help

No no no no no!

It's ALL to do with tactics on the day. Anyone who has tried one of these reload exercises will tell you that.

People just like to come up with a 'check list' to make this simple game more complicated and sophisticated

Are you on 2015 or 2016? On 2015 the likelyhood of getting some was harder, on 2016 they leave so much space for through ball opportunity (which is also taken more readily) that to me this seems easier actually. Very likely also amongst the reason that Guardiola drops that many points so often in the BL despite his hugely dominating squad. Not sure to which extents exactly d-line behavior was tweaked in the final third as well should the manager insist on it but I think the d-line was said to be one of the factors in the cross to the far post things.

nWkgk5M.jpg

m355LFG.jpg

both the goals at Old Trafford

nnwB8V5.jpg

CGw92DK.jpg

Love the 2nd one, this is how an attacking corner was covered at 0-0.... Gift accepted.

Whilst this is at home it's the same thing.

OFCJlHd.jpg

That said wouldn't keep on reloading unless you identify an issue it's random plus unless you're on FM Touch, making big changes rubs off on tactically gelling just as well. Though the match has to be kicked off and that's what happens every time anew, the starting conditions have been set. But as this is the tactics forum.... Actually remember somebody uploading an away tie away to Chelski from last year's with Arsenal, claiming it to be unwinnable. It wasn't but it was always going to be tough because, well Hazard, the slight home bias which is real (and should be) plus in this case the curious case of Frankie de Boer as their then gaffer who would switch to a fully-on 3 central forward tactics at HT should he trail behind at that point. This was tough to keep at bay as is, but if it consisted of Hazard, et all, tough to contain.

One of the most curious reload scenarios ever, as if you had managed to take the lead early, things got harder in a way as if you would have done so later on, as that switch didn't come. Additionally on occasion he would bring on a guy at centre back who was comparably hopeless in the air for that level (jumping reach etc. of below 8) which then could be borderline exploited. However that also didn't always come.

Details on my tactics are on here, any advice welcome.

Just looking at the image in the linked topic makes me think you will be overly reliant on your FB's. Your playing narrower which will reduce the space for them and there's not many other consistent runners, the CF-S will make some as will the W-S, but the rest are playmakers or CM-D so will be positioned deeper and make less runs as they want the ball to feet. Do you have much presence in the box?

I'm wondering if less playmakers and/or dropping the look for overlap would make your attack a little more unpredictable with different angles of attack?

Archived