Which attributes are key to develop a wonderkid into a world class player?

I'd like to learn which visible & hidden attributes are key to develop a wonderkid into a world class player (of course except his PA, training quality and injuries).

As far as I know, determination is the one that has huge effect on development since it shows gives a clear idea about how hard the player trains and wants the best for both as a individual and club.

What else do you look for before signing a youngster that you want him to develop into a world class player?

p.s. (Two days before I created a similar topic that is responded by people from both community and SI; but now I am not able to find the topic. No idea what happened to it.)

I guess it partially depends on what you mean by a world class player, are you just looking at the baseline CA as the defining factor? If so then the hidden attributes that will push a player to develop well are all you're looking for.

Consistency, important matches, anticipation, they're the kind of mentals that can see a player with 170+ CA being on the kind of level you see Messi/Ronaldo performing at.

It did used to say on FM something like "With the right training a wonderkid can become a world class player."

However I think this is completely untrue, as I've seen players with 140-160 PA labelled as wonderkids, so how exactly can they ever become world class?

It did used to say on FM something like "With the right training a wonderkid can become a world class player."

However I think this is completely untrue, as I've seen players with 140-160 PA labelled as wonderkids, so how exactly can they ever become world class?

The wonderkid label in FM terms simply indicates that the player has a high CA for his age, nothing more.

In your first sentence the important word is "Can" not "Will".

I'd urge you to have a look at he current database and filter out those players with 140-160 CA and tell me you don't see world class players in that category.

Simply by the right attributes being in the right places, A 140 player with everything in the right place is better than a 200 player with them in the wrong place

The wonderkid label in FM terms simply indicates that the player has a high CA for his age, nothing more.

In your first sentence the important word is "Can" not "Will".

It says can, but they can't. So doesn't make sense.

Simply by the right attributes being in the right places, A 140 player with everything in the right place is better than a 200 player with them in the wrong place

A 200 player runs out of wrong places to them pretty quick.

A 200 player runs out of wrong places to them pretty quick.

I suppose it depends on how specialized the position is. I could imagine a 200 CA central defender or striker being worse than a 140 CA CD or ST. I can't imagine it for, say, wide midfield, fullback or central midfield.

Archived