Mr B's Summer Transfer Update Final 1.3

Bennett07

I have spent time on this version of the update correcting various problems:

-Manchester City have a guaranteed 300 Million in the bank, and 300 Million on transfer Budget. (405M if you select winner)

-Have appointed Zola to West Ham.

-Changed Christian Vieri to his correct team.

-Updated All loan transfer up until 9AM this morning.

-Banned Joey Barton for 12 Games.

I haven't done anything with Steve Clarke of Chelsea, as at the moment No-one knows whats happening with him!

Download Link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/40461315/FM_Data_Update.rar.html

RS only for now, Ill upload to other hosts when i get the chance..

gona ask a silly question but where do ya put this file?
First of all you need WinRar to extract it. Get that here. To use this database right-click on it and choose extract to.. and choose the location of My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008.

You also need the 8.0.2 patch for you game. If you don't have it follow these instructions. To install the patch you need winrar to extract it. Right-click on the patch and choose extract here. Then double-click on the extracted patch and click on update. Click finish when it is finished updating.

Then start a new game and select this database to start.

Hopefully you get all that. :D

(10 characters)

-Manchester City have a guaranteed 300 Million in the bank, and 300 Million on transfer Budget. (405M if you select winner)

-Have appointed Zola to West Ham.

-Changed Christian Vieri to his correct team.

-Updated All loan transfer up until 9AM this morning.

-Banned Joey Barton for 12 Games.

I haven't done anything with Steve Clarke of Chelsea, as at the moment No-one knows whats happening with him!

Download Link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/40461315/FM_Data_Update.rar.html

RS only for now, Ill upload to other hosts when i get the chance..

Well done mate, just remember, you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time, so good effort.

i'm sorry, but i think i'm being an absolute spanner, there are two files when you get to WinRar one called "FM Data Update" and one called "...". I have right clicked on both of them and chosen Extract to and extracted to My Computer\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008 but when i start a new game i still get the old players?!

Please help!

i'm sorry, but i think i'm being an absolute spanner, there are two files when you get to WinRar one called "FM Data Update" and one called "...". I have right clicked on both of them and chosen Extract to and extracted to My Computer\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008 but when i start a new game i still get the old players?!

Please help!

Put the extracted FM Data Update database in My Computer\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db and then choose that database when starting a new game.

This seems to be the most up to date update around and I think I'm going to give it a try.

One question though, are the player's stats etc tampered with? Or does this update just does the transfers etc without touching any stats.

Mr B, great update but don't know if you've noticed, Portugal has no manager at the start. Pretty sure their coach is now Carlos Quieroz?

Didn't bother me but, they offered Mourinho the job, and he accepted. Left the Inter job which offered Sir Alex and he left, leaving Man Utd managerless.

Great job.

Just found one or two glitches, Paul Evans is no longer with Bradford City, the club released him in the summer and he is now with Oxford Utd until the end of the season.

On the Champions league front, Celtic are in the third qualifying round - oops! they should be in the group stages and Zenit Peterburg are in the UEFA cup, they too should be in the GS of the CL.

-Manchester City have a guaranteed 300 Million in the bank, and 300 Million on transfer Budget..

Well after downloading your update halfway through into my first season with man city and i've gone into administration do you think there is something wrong with mac city's budget still? or is it because i spent like 390 milliuon on players? i was top of the league as well but now i have had 9 points deducted :(

Archived