Is it okay for a new player to cheat?

I very recently started playing Football Manager 16. This is my first ever FM game and although I am thoroughly enjoying it far more than the basic FIFA Manager Mode, I have found it extremely difficult at times.

Due to this difficulty, and sometimes unacceptable results (e.g: a sack-worthy 5-0 loss to Brighton while managing Chelsea), I have begun to quit the game without saving in order to play matches again and get better results from them by trying different tactics and seeing where I went wrong.

Is it okay to do this as this is my first save and I am still trying to learn the game and how the tactics and play styles work?

It's your game mate, you play it how you want to play it - if you're using it to realise your mistakes and learn anyway then what's the problem..

I'm sure in all honesty most of us have done it at least once through the years anyway when we have lost a cup final or something

Indeed, reloaded matches will make you feel unclean. It's your save, do what you like etc, but whenever a new FM is released l always end up playing a season, getting used to the new ME and features, then re-starting my save *proper* when l feel confident / competent enough to make a proper go of it.

Archived