[FM2016] USA: NFL - all 32 NFL teams with MLS rules including all of the drafts

The NFL with all 32 NFL teams, colors, kits, stadiums - with MLS rules intact - including all drafts including the Superdraft, Pro Bowl, etc...

3 Levels, no promotion/relegation:

Level 1 - NFL - (all NFL teams in there correct divisions)

Level 2 - NFL Development League - each NFL team has a development team

Level 3 - NFL Academies - each NFL team has an academy.

The NFL league structure is intact - 2 conferences (AFC and NFC). 4 division winners plus 2 wild cards in each conference qualify for the playoffs. The NFL teams will also be included in the US Cup and NACL.

Notes:

- teams 1st - 3rd are highlighted in each division, but only the top 2 in each conference (AFC and NFC) will get the wild cards. I needed to set the rules up this way to make it work for the 8 divisions.

- there is a stage called World Champions Cup in the NFL, listed before the AFC playoffs. This was the original wild card stage in the original MLS rules. This stage will actually be played after the Superbowl is played. The winner of the Superbowl will play in a 128 team tournament. Includes the Superbowl winner plus 127 other premier leagues from around the world (top 127 premier leagues ranked by reputation), 1 game knockout tournament . In the rules, I needed to bypass the original wild card stage but still needed to keep this stage - and couldn't use the NFL wild card teams.

- the kits may look a bit off for the teams. There's a very limited selection of jerseys in FM that are similar to the NFL jerseys.

The files:

NFL logo and all 32 team logos. To make the game look and feel NFL authentic, please download the following file that will have all NFL team logos. A few alternative logos are used as mentioned further down in this thread:

wkdsoul's alternative NFL Logos/Badges's (updated Jan. 3, 2016):

NFL_Badges/Logos.rar

- unzip in your FM16 folder:

\\Users\(your user name folder)\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\graphics\

** I highly recommend downloading and using these alternative NFL logos created by wkdsoul. They are amazing !!! Huge thank you to wkdsoul !!! :)

wkdsoul's jersey set:

NFL_Jerseys.rar

** I highly recommend downloading and using the Jersey set created by wkdsoul. Another truly awesome job !!! Huge thank you to wkdsoul !!! :)

The .fmf file (updated Jan. 17, 2016):

FM16.NFL.v12.fmf

** latest update isolates the NFL, so players on NFL teams can't be transferred/loaned to and away from the NFL to teams outside of the USA. Places more emphases on the drafts and homegrown players. Also I had forgotten to set the attributes between the NFL parent teams and their affiliate teams (2/B team and Academy team), "Players Move Freely", "Players Go On Loan", etc.

I also have a file/thread for MLB Major League Baseball (with MLS rules and drafts):

FM16 MLB Thread

** Do not use the MLB logos with the NFL logo set - there may be a conflict with team ID #s. You would need to move the NFL logo folder out of the FM 16 directory.

What did you use for the NFL development teams? Not at home, so no chance to look at it the coming week. The idea is very nice.

Created a copy of each NFL team but with a lower reputation and put them in a separate league at Level 2 - "NFL Development League". Example: Pittsburgh Steelers 2, Miami Dolphins 2, etc. I created affiliations between the main NFL team and the development teams. Also created affiliations to each NFL team and their academy at Level 3 (max-min age 16-18).

One thing I forgot to do is lower the team attendances for the development and academy teams - will be in the next version. I'm also looking into possibly expanding the World Championships Cup stage to more than 8 teams.

Thank you all.

I will have an update tomorrow (Sunday) - testing tonight.

- I've expanded the World Champions Cup stage from 8 teams to 128 teams, to include the Superbowl winner plus current winners of 127 other premier leagues from around the world (top 127 premier leagues ranked by reputation), 1 game knockout tournament (although I'm thinking about expanding to 2 legs).

- Also working on the schedule. Moved the season date around the US Cup and NACL.

- Modified the academy team names to just have the nickname, example: Jets Academy instead of New York Jets Academy.

- Also fixed/updated the attendances for Development and Academy teams.

I may drop the file with the 34 game season and just continue on with the file with the 16 game season. Would be easier to tweak the dates if I were to make each round of the World Champions Cup stage 2 legs instead of 1. Less conflict with the NACL and US Cup.

Cheers, i will give the very dodgy merge a go :)

I managed to do this, so got the NFL teams and Devs into my custom MLS game.

Prem Div - 20 teams

Champ - 24 teams

Div 1 - 24 teams

Div 2 - 24 teams

in the english structure with playoffs. under that i have a 4 Divisions of 15 teams each, with 1 from each promoted into the Div 2 (with 4 down). These teams are all the 2nd teams/Academys for each of the main teams in the top 3 Divisons, all set as B teams, which can only be promoted as high as the Champ.

Thanks for your work. I've got some time off over xmas and might learn to photoshop some kits to recreate the nfl jerseys properly. i'll let you know and have the file if they turn out ok.

Very nice find !! :)

I'd be intersted in using your pack.

Just got canned at work, so will defo be working on this ocer xmas.

I'll having.

MLS - 20

Div 1 - 24

Div 2 - 24

then 3 conferences of 60 semi-pro teams in 3 conferences of 20 each. These will be 3 up, 3 down. (2 direct 1 playoff)

The MLS & NFL teams will have a B Team each in a development Division (s) with a cup (64 teams, padded out with semi pro leftovers).

The academies will be split into 4 divisions of 21 teams with a cup (padded out with amateur level teams).

All teams will be in an FA CUP 256 teams (not sure on seeding)

Kits - Found these, so prob gonna make a pakc from these and fill in the missing.

green-bay-packers.jpg

test pic of how the kits look in.. just a rough crop btw.. found a packers badge in soccer style unsure on it meself..

but might use some of these http://dailysnark.com/nfl-logos-redesigned-look-like-european-soccer-logos/nggallery/image/philadelphia-eagles/

okwfar.jpg2ius0w.jpg

To me the Packers badge in your example looks a bit too much like the generic game logos. ;)

I really like the ones in the link, though!

Yeah i found some more, only found half th kits though, so spent a couple of hours learning on photoshop..

exhibit A - Denver Home

2nbhwms.jpg

Very nice work !! Will you be making these available for download once you are done ?

Yes, i'll rar pack them and throw the kits up. not sure on the config for some reason, my game isnt matching the ID numbers in the files created even when i load just this file.

Update - been working on some badges at work, learning to metallic them up to match the sortioutsi pack, as thats the one i use in game.

2cy3337.jpg

Never used the effect before, so quite happy with the results so far..

Was thinking, should have set the match rules for the regular season games to Golden Goal since there is overtime in the NFL and to also reduce the number of tie games. Also maybe changing to 2 pts for a wins instead of 3 pts. Will be in the next update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been working on trying to get the NFL independent and isolated from the rest of the world, to prevent players from transferring/loaned to and away from NFL teams (to clubs in other nations).

Came across this thread and implemented these changes into my latest NFL file:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/448508-A-nation-with-no-players-playing-outside-of-nation-of-birth

I think I have it working - still testing. Here is the latest update to the NFL file - isolated NFL:

FM16.NFL.v11.fmf

• 3 weeks later...

I have another update on the .fmf file. In previous versions I had forgotten to set the attributes between the NFL parent teams and their affiliate teams (2/B team and Academy team), "Players Move Freely", "Players Go On Loan", etc. Also somewhat isolates USA players with the rest of the world - an attempt to have the NFL teams hold onto their top players and to keep top players from the Superdrafts - so the best players won't go on and sign with bigger European clubs. Haven't tested this in detail yet, but I think it's working better than it was before.

FM16.NFL.v12.fmf

• 1 month later...

Archived