[FM2016] USA: MLB - all 30 Major League Baseb teams with MLS rules including all of the drafts

MBL (Major League Baseball) - with all 30 MLB teams, colors, kits, stadiums - with MLS rules intact - including all drafts including the Superdraft, All-Star game, etc...

3 Levels, no promotion/relegation:

Level 1 - MLB - (all MLB teams in there correct divisions)

Level 2 - MLB Development League - each MLB team has a development team

Level 3 - MLB Academies - each MLB team has an academy (minor league team).

MLB league structure is intact - 2 leagues (NL and AL). 3 division winners plus 2 wild cards in each league qualify for the playoffs. MLB teams will also be included in the US Cup and NACL.

Notes:

- teams 1st - 3rd are highlighted in each division, but only the top 2 in each league (NL and AL) will get the wild cards. I needed to set the rules up this way to make it work for the 6 divisions.

- there is a stage called World Champions Cup, listed before the NL playoffs. This was the original wild card stage in the original MLS rules. This stage will actually be played after the World Series is played. The winner of the World Series will play in a 128 team tournament. Includes the World Series winner plus 127 other premier leagues from around the world (top 127 premier leagues ranked by reputation), 1 game knockout tournament . In the rules, I needed to bypass the original wild card stage but still needed to keep this stage - and couldn't use MLB wild card teams.

- the kits may look a bit off for the teams. There's a very limited selection of jerseys in FM that are similar to MLB jerseys.

The files:

MLB logo and all 30 team logos. To make the game look and feel MLB authentic, please download the following file that will have all MLB team logos:

MLB.rar

- unzip in your FM16 folder:

\\Users\(your user name folder)\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\graphics\

wkdsoul's jersey set:

MLB_Jerseys.rar

** I highly recommend downloading and using the Jersey set created by wkdsoul. Awesome job !!! Huge thank you to wkdsoul !!! :)

The .fmf file (updated Feb. 8, 2016):

FM16.MLB.v08.fmf

** latest update isolates MLB, so players on MLB teams can't be transferred/loaned to and away from MLB to teams outside of the USA. Places more emphases on the drafts and homegrown players. Also I had forgotten to set the attributes between the MLB parent teams and their affiliate teams (2/B team and Academy team), "Players Move Freely", "Players Go On Loan", etc.

** If you currently have the logo set or jersey set for the NFL logos (from my other thread for the NFL) - do not use the NFL logos with the MLB logo or jerseys set - there may be a conflict with team ID #s. You would need to move the NFL logo folder out of the FM 16 directory

Great as usual Dim ..... can you do one with soccer teams lol

Thank you.

I lost a lot of interest in MLS over the past year or 2. The last 5 or so expansion teams have some form of SC, FC or United in their name with no nickname (Orlando City SC, NYCFC, Atlanta United, Minnesota United, LAFC). My personal preference is to have a nickname in the team name, for identity. I also really dislike the additional wild card MLS added this year - 12 of 20 teams making the playoffs is way too many in my opinion - gives the long season less meaning.

I do have an MLS file with 60 teams/4 divisions I thinking about redoing for FM16 - I have a thread for FM15. The only thing is, some of the teams are in the wrong division. It appears the only way to sort (and keep MLS rules) is by Team ID #, which means I would need to recreate/duplicate each of the 60 teams in the order I want them to align in the divisions. The ID # sort order appears to be hardcoded for MLS. Sorting by latitude doesn't work, neither does the setting for League Team Order or setting up regions/boundaries. I've tried many different things with no luck. If I do upload the 60 team MLS, I may just upload as-is with some of the teams in wrong division. I don't plan on creating a file with 20 or 24 MLS teams. The 60 team MLS includes NASL and USL teams.

So tempted to wrap these into my USA file as well :)

If you do, please backup your database first. If you've already merged the NFL teams, merging the MLB teams might overwrite the NFL teams. I believe I started the MLB from scratch so the NFL and MLB teams might have the same Team ID #s. Don't know how this works when merging though.

If you do, please backup your database first. If you've already merged the NFL teams, merging the MLB teams might overwrite the NFL teams. I believe I started the MLB from scratch so the NFL and MLB teams might have the same Team ID #s. Don't know how this works when merging though.

Got these to merge fine. So i'll prob make a kit pack for the MLB teams as well as the NFL team one, i almost have complete, you're welcome to have them for your OPs when they are done.

Got these to merge fine. So i'll prob make a kit pack for the MLB teams as well as the NFL team one, i almost have complete, you're welcome to have them for your OPs when they are done.

Thank you. Very much looking forward to your kit packs !! The samples you posted for the NFL are really nice !! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea. I resized the logos and put together the config files. Here is a link to the button style MLB logo set for FM:

MLB2.rar

If used, will need to remove the original MLB logo set (from Post #1), because the config files may conflict.

Comparing the 2 MLB logo sets, my preference is the original set in Post #1 over the button style logos - I think they're cleaner. I downloaded the button style logos from the OOTP website and resized. Could be because the logos are lower quality, 150x150.

I'm noticing some of the logos in my original MLB logo set didn't come out too good. I downloaded the logos from Wikipedia. If you'd like to PM me some of your enhanced logos (after you've worked on them) I'll put together a new MLB logo set. I also noticed the Twins logo is not showing in my game because I have the name of the MIN.PNG logo file capitalized instead of MIN.png. It showed up in the game after I renamed the .PNG to .png.

• 4 weeks later...

Been working on trying to get MLB independent and isolated from the rest of the world, to prevent players from transferring/loaned to and away from MLB teams (to clubs in other nations).

Came across this thread and implemented these changes into my latest MLB file:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/448508-A-nation-with-no-players-playing-outside-of-nation-of-birth

I think I have it working - still testing. Here is the latest update to the MLB file - isolated MLB:

FM16.MLB.v07.fmf

• 3 weeks later...

wkdsoul's MLB new logo set - updated:

MLB.Logos.3.rar

** I highly recommend downloading and using this new logo set created by wkdsoul. Again, another outstanding job !!! Huge thank you to wkdsoul !!! :)

I also have another update on the .fmf file. In previous versions I had forgotten to set the attributes between the MLB parent teams and their affiliate teams (2/B team and Academy team), "Players Move Freely", "Players Go On Loan", etc. Also somewhat isolates USA players with the rest of the world - an attempt to have the MLB teams hold onto their top players and to keep top players from the Superdrafts - so the best players won't go on and sign with bigger European clubs. Haven't tested this in detail yet, but I think it's working better than it was before.

FM16.MLB.v08.fmf

Archived