[FM2016] USA: NFL - all 32 NFL teams with MLS rules including all of the drafts

I think this whole idea is awesome but I have a few questions. How do I use the editor to remove the mls rules? The rules seem to limit the experience.I want to keep everything the same including nfl teams but just get rid of the mls aspect including the fact that all teams have the same team value.

In the Advanced Panel, click on NFL, change Type to "Edited Rules (Override All Original Rules)". You'd also need to modify Stage 5 - MLS Cup - Under Teams, add Get Qualified Teams from Stages 3 and 4.

Warning: I have my current file set so all NFL teams strictly have home-grown players and the players pretty much stay in the NFL through their career. The majority of NFL youth players are acquired through the Superdraft. Disabling MLS rules would eliminate the Superdraft. Don't know how the NFL teams would acquire their youth players without the Superdraft, if you were to use my NFL file. Would pretty much need a new file, or remove the transfer embargos rules, transfer/loan limitations and many of the NFL roster rules I have in place.

Latest version of my NFL file:

FM16.NFL.v30.fmf

- use Football Manager 2016 database, not the Official Winter Updates.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Long time browser, first time poster.

I've been thinking of something similar to this for a few days and after a search around I stumbled upon this.

I love the layout of this and how it's set up but would like to make amendments, I've gone onto the data editor and had a go but I'm no whizz on there.

I've given everyone the same balance, deleted other leagues and changed the reputation of the NFL teams.

Effectively I wanted to create a database that doesn't depend on transfer money but a salary cap, but as I say this is well above me.

If anyone could help out with some advice or is interested enough to take over a bit I'd appreciate it.

I'd like to raise the salary cap, make the foreign player limit 8 out of a 25 man squad and effectively have everyone as a free agent.

I'm not sure whether to stick a few guys in the teams or whether the big teams would try to snag them immediately due to team reputations? Again, I'm a novice.

https://www.mediafire.com/?sm36ng1dnygsg1h

Rick

Rick,

I haven't been playing FM, or around with the editor for a few month, but I believe I experimented by removing all of the other USA leagues and it resulted in no players available in the Superdraft - the youth players in the Superdraft start out in some of the other amateur USA leagues a few years before they appear in the draft. I thought about modifying the other amateur USA leagues/teams into NCAA conferences/teams - this should be do-able. By doing so, the players in the Superdraft would then come straight from the NCAA teams.

Also appears the MLS salary cap is hard coded in the game. If there is any way at all to modify or remove the cap, I would love to know how.

Archived