[FM16] Oh when the Rams go marching in...but to where?

RSJ

Game: Football Manager 2016 (PC)

Database size: Large

Leagues loaded:

England (Vanarama North/South and above)

Will add/remove as I progress no doubt.

Previous experience: Automatic

With a new game, comes a new thread. I wanted to start in the lower, lower leagues of England but im not happy with the database i stumbled across.

Im a massive Derby fan (for my sins) IRL and i struggle to get a suitable passion to manage anyone else. Ive never been too good at lengthy saves either so its my intention to take Derby as far as possible in FM16.

No real aims nor am i partaking in a challenge, just want to rack the years up and see where my journey takes me.

a9d8a7ca03.png

Derby County Football Club: A background

Derby enjoyed probably thier best spell during the 1970's. Although now enduring a 28 year barran spell, having not won a competition since 1987, The Rams still have a history* which they can be justly proud of.

* = Lets not metion that season shall we? :lol:

0578852c25.jpg

Updates will come in the following forms;

Season preview: On the eve of the first league game, on completion of pre-season and when all business should be complete.

Monthly reviews: Last day of each month.

Season review: Completion of the season.

a9d8a7ca03.png

Derby County Football Club

2015/16 - Pre-Season Review - 8 Aug 2015

Expectations

SkyBet Football Championship: Promtion by winning the league (Board), 3rd Place (Media Prediction)

FA Cup: Reach the 3rd Round

League Cup: Reach the 4th Round

Budgets

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £474,172

Current Wage Bill: £402,802

Fanbase

Season Tickets Sold: 23,000/33,010

My Targets

1. Win the league

2. End season in a profit

My Thoughts

With no transfer budget, we havent signed anyone, that said, with the squad i have at my disposal we dont need any signings in my opinion. Few staff members have come in but a major overhaul of my staff will come in time. Few of my youngsters have gone out on loan, in the hope it aids their development. With 23,000 fans in attendance, the pressure is on to deliver a championship title.

:D...I promise I won't give you too much abuse after our recent result :D...NF on the other hand might do :):D;)...

I can take it, its probably deserved too! Lets see what the world of FM can throw up haha

I can take it, its probably deserved too! Lets see what the world of FM can throw up haha

Ha ha...a bit of rivalry banter is always good :D. Will be interesting to see what you can do with Derby. Obviously I never play as them so I wouldn't know but are you under pressure to bring promotion? You're obviously one of the favourites to go up but what are your board saying?

August 2015

Fixtures:

b6fecf795d.png

Finance:

Monthly Profit/Loss = -£2,352,978

Summary:

A last minute own goal saved us vs. 'Boro. I was disappointed with the whole performance vs. Birmingham, we just didnt turn up and deserved to record our first loss of the season. Ended the month on a high, defeating rivals Leeds United 4-0 at home.

Tom Ince was awarded goal of the month for his effort vs. Charlton.

Injuries hit us this month but we are slowly finding our feet now.

Martin's form is a worry at the moment, not bringing the goals as expected.

I'm the nicer one of us two :D. I don't give any grief to anyone, much. I once had the urge to start a save as Derby. It happened but then I got bored and realised what I was doing.

Either way, good luck. As long as you don't do as badly as me with Forest you'll be fine :D.

Haha thanks NF. Not sure i could ever stomach a F*rest save haha. Ive calmed down alot these last few years though ;) I'll be sure to keep you both posted with their progress.

Thanks for popping by! :)

September 2015

Fixtures:

eecf227928.png

League Placings (2 above, 2 below):

edd7b8c799.png

Finance:

Monthly Profit/Loss = -£1,753,518

Summary:

No George Thorne for the month, injured during the International Break. Disappointing start to the month, finally recovered with a win over 10 man Burnley. A 84th minute goal saw us knocked out the League Cup. Ended the month with an away win beating bottom of the league, MK Dons. leagues abit mad at the minute, lose and you can be near the bottom, only ever a win away from moving up the league.

Another loss financially this month, something im keeping an eye on.

October 2015

Fixtures:

fb1ed23b99.png

066966f24b.png

Finance:

Monthly Profit/Loss = -£1,536,352

Summary:

An unbeaten month, i think the Blackburn game simply came too soon in the week for a weakended squad. A few players have returned this month, avoiding re-occurrence's will be key if we are too succeed. The 4 wins and 1 draw saw us raise up 3 places in the league to 3rd position.

Again, we have lost £1m+, can we stop that rot?

November saw Jamie Hanson win Young Player of the Month, i was also awarded Manager of the Month :)

Seem to be going well RSJ. A bit to well for my liking. I'd imagine the losses are coming from the spending of £20m in the summer and slight increase on the wage budget.

dllu, most Championship clubs lose loads of money now. It's the issue with the Premier League dangling a massive carrot.

You'll enjoy the next monthly update...

November 2015

Fixtures:

a4e2f44c6f.png

88ddfeeed2.png

Finance:

Monthly Profit/Loss = -£2,366,401

Summary:

Well the inevitble happened, great start beating QPR but we then went on to lose to our local rivals! :( We lost both Shotton and Christie early on in the month forcing me to play Keogh at RB, not a favoured position of his. Saved the month with a good win over TOTL Hull to keep us within touching distance.

We continue to lose money, maybe going to be sh*it or bust, promotion or bust :/

Proud to say i took part in 'Movember' this month :lol:

f68bd9cc93.jpg

Well the inevitble happened, great start beating QPR but we then went on to lose to our local rivals! :(

At least FM is realistic. You lose to us :) yet are still above us in the league :(. I presume you're from Derby and your initials are RSJ? :)

You need to sort out your wage bill asap. I've been in the Championship a lot over the years with Ipswich and 100kpw is an 'upper limit' I don't like to go too far beyond. I scrolled up to check your wage bill and got quite a shock when I saw it was over 400kpw. What's the bank balance like?

You need to sort out your wage bill asap. I've been in the Championship a lot over the years with Ipswich and 100kpw is an 'upper limit' I don't like to go too far beyond. I scrolled up to check your wage bill and got quite a shock when I saw it was over 400kpw. What's the bank balance like?

I had a really decent save with Derby on FM15, albeit without the excessive wages, and could turn a profit most months. Its all a gamble on promotion. My balance is currently -£90,000. Something needs to change and fast*

* = see next post.

At least FM is realistic. You lose to us :) yet are still above us in the league :(. I presume you're from Derby and your initials are RSJ? :)

Haha, was always going to happen! Life may not be too sweet at the City Ground though....

Yes, i am from Derby and the initials are a mix of me an the wife ;)

December 2015

Fixtures:

c9e2cfb82e.png

e87458c1a6.png

Finance:

Monthly Profit/Loss = -£2,003,092 Total Balance = -£535,764

Summary:

Well a terrible, terrible month which has seen us slump to 11th place :( Id like to purely blame injuries, been without key players for far too long now but my tactics are still being worked on, maybe i shouldnt have skipped pre-season? However, the Championship is a funny ol' league and im only 3pts off 5th place. However the sack may be looking over me, im determined to put things straight.

One for the Forest lads....

5899fd8c54.png

January 2016

Fixtures:

e72370c5e7.png

b81771721b.png

Finance:

Monthly Profit/Loss = -£1,641,453 Overall Balance = -£2,288,778

Transfers:

January saw Gary Hooper (Norwich) and Douglas (Barca) both arriving at the club on loan for the remainder of the season.

Summary:

A mixed month. Started as we left off with a defeat, this time to the team in form, Boro. Seemed to turn a corner, first beating Everton in the FA Cup an then going on a nice little run in the league which included beating 2nd place Reading. A disappointing loss to Burnley see's us down in 10th place, only the play off places are now starting to creep away from us.

The 2 loan signings have both bolstered and added further quality. Hooper has popped up with a few inportant goals including one on his debut.

Will Hughes has returned to light training, intention is to get him some game time in the U21's as he returns from a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Rival Watch:

1b2dec6f0b.png

February 2015

Fixtures:

2e23c46c5a.png

4e57cea868.png

Finance:

Monthly Profit/Loss = -£2,899,746 Overall Balance = -£5,188,524

Summary:

What a crazy month! Started off brilliantly well, was delighted to get some revenge on Fulham by beating them at their place. That run of 3 wins really lifted morale and im no longer facing the sack after a message from the board. The loss to Brentford was really, really disappointing. Not only only did it end a winning run but we just didnt turn up. The following game vs. Blackburn saw us go 3-1 down only to rally late on to rescue a point after a 3-3 draw. Finished the month on a high beating 4th place Wolves and away from home too. The game itself was mad, this time we were the team 3-1 up only to be pegged back to 3-3. On loan striker, Gary Hooper, popped up with a 85th min to see us ending the month in 5th place.

February saw us welcome back Will Hughes to first team football after recovering from his damaged cruciate ligament - a big player for us over the next few months hopefully.

Big thanks to my mate CD for some advice on a few tweaks on the tactics, hopefully they will start to pay off further now.

Delighted to be up in 5th and amongst the play off places, hoping to really kick on in March and chase down the Top 2.

I feared the worst with that sack looming message and then 7 defeats in the next 11 games, nice to see you have a great run in February and put yourself right in the mix.

Between Robin Hood and a sheep, I know which I'd support.

It's a tough one but think I will go with Shaun.:p

What's eating the finances so badly? You'll really need promotion this term.

Wages mainly. I agree, its a massive gamble. Having signed no-one, can only blame the chairman :lol:

March 2016

Fixtures:

7e964a0adc.png

71abb696c9.png

Finance:

Monthly Profit/Loss = =£1,626,647 Overall Balance = -£6,825,891

Summary:

A relatively short month owing to a International break. 7 points taken from a max. of 12. Against Forest, we again were 3-1 down only to get away with a point after a spirited fight back. Martin getting a leveler late on. Still cant beat out rivals though :( That said, im happy to be up at 4th. A massive month coming up, 7 games to be played, a max. of 21 points on offer. I have to play a 'top 6' side twice also. With only one game in May, this month will either make us or break us. It doesnt get any simpler.

A full squad to pick for too (so far).

It's been ours for a while now hasn't it Raware :D.

Going well RSJ. I hope you don't go up because Forest/Derby are always better for rivalries. I'd assume we're doing badly? Hasselbaink in as manager is a good one tbh.

Almost as well as us! :/

Will report back at the end of the season during 'Rival Watch'...if i make it that far. I can see a new thread coming resembling yours NF :lol:

April 2016

Fixtures:

a6924d17c5.png

League Placings:

de3eb9ab59.png

Summary:

Disaster of month, sparred only by beating Brighton (22nd). Need to now rely on a home game against top of the league Ipswich to salvage any hope of making the play-offs.

Put 1st-12th up on the league as thats how close it is, not looked at whose playing who but it could be anyones to take.

It all comes down to this. Here we go...

So ive decided to end this save here; i keep trying to compare it to a really successful DCFC save from FM15, which isnt right. Ive completed my first season on FM16 and shall now undertake my first ever FM challenge from this forum as i look to take on dafuge's challenge.

The Rams did not go marching in...

Thanks to those that both read and commented on the thread, even you Raware & NF :lol: Hope to see everyone over at my new challenge thread.

Rich

Archived