FM16 - Post your Success'/Failures!

Hey guys.

Interested to get a thread going for people to post updates on how their teams are getting on in FM16!

I'm Athletic Bilbao, currently in February 2016 and I'm 4th in the league in a tight battle with Valencia in 3rd and Atletico in 5th. Just beat Schalke in the first knockout round of the Europa League! Happy days!

Playing as Bristol City and missed the playoffs by 1 point in the first season. 2nd season missed 2nd by 2 points but got promoted through playoffs. 2 games left of the 3rd season and I'm 2 points off the Europa League spot which could make it very interesting. Going to be a big overhaul tonight though , need to bring in a lot of players and better staff.

Playing as Bristol City and missed the playoffs by 1 point in the first season. 2nd season missed 2nd by 2 points but got promoted through playoffs. 2 games left of the 3rd season and I'm 2 points off the Europa League spot which could make it very interesting. Going to be a big overhaul tonight though , need to bring in a lot of players and better staff.

I am also Bristol City struggling 20th place halfway through season 1, keep getting players sent off. Formations not working.

I'm currently still 4th in April, 7 games to go and desperately trying to hang on to 4th with Athletic. Valencia are now 6 points clear and Atletico are 1 point behind me. Got knocked out of the Europa League by Atletico as well.

It was very promising but we're struggling to score goals so it could all go a bit wrong!

4 years in as Portland, I've gotten to MLS cup twice, winning it once, as well as winning the supporters shield and the CONCACAF champions league... and I just signed Arjen Robben. It was a bad idea, he's on 100 thousand pounds per week, but the thought of Arjen Robben playing away games in Puerto Rico is hilarious to me.

First season as Sunderland I knew from real life and looking at my players the defence would be god awful so I tried shoring it up and failing that going for the old score one more than them mindset. I ended up settling on a high pressing possesion game and despite initial struggles mostly due to having the lowest work rate and slowest defence in the league I managed to sit just above the relegation zone and have the highest goals scored outside of the top 7 a derby victory during a bad spell helped me avoid the sack after an extremely short league cup run. Towards the end of the season things got allot better another derby victory and a longer FA cup run until I lost to man city in the semi's and somehow at the end of the season I am up to 10th. Quite the achievement in my mind considering the lack of funds, debt, awful defence (O'Shea and Brown both regularly lose races against the corner flags) and Lee Cattermole's absolutely stellar effort to become the most yellow and red carded player ever.

Greatest success in my very short career thus far as Everton manager (still in pre season), is revamping the backroom staff and making us number 1 in every coaching category in the league, 2nd for both scouting categories and 3rd for physios.. so proud.

*snip*

How did you get 19 scouts with Everton?? I'm Liverpool, so I have to beat that, yet my board doesn't even allow me to make a request for more scouts.

Other than that, I'm 10th in the table at the end of april and out of every other competition. :( 10 years of playing FM has not made me into a very good manager it seems.

Winning league 1 in my first season with Walsall, getting manager of the season, scoring the most goals in the league and my striker getting top goal scorer. Now to stay up in the Championship is the big challenge on a shoe string budget !

How did you get 19 scouts with Everton?? I'm Liverpool, so I have to beat that, yet my board doesn't even allow me to make a request for more scouts.

Other than that, I'm 10th in the table at the end of april and out of every other competition. :( 10 years of playing FM has not made me into a very good manager it seems.

Went to staff screen, drop down menu in the scout section to ask board for more scouts.. picked 'i want more scouts' ... they agreed.

Got to the end of season one, managed to hold onto 4th JUST. Atletico had a surprise loss in the penultimate game, which left me needing a win the next day to give me a 4 point advantage going into the final day. I was away at Las Palmas and took the lead inside 10 minutes, then I missed TWO penalties and had 6 clear cut chances in total before they equalised in the 90th minute. I nearly threw the laptop out the window.

Either way it left me with a 2 point advantage going into the final day and a worse goal difference. They had an easy home game while I was at home to Sevilla. I had my biggest win of the season (6-1) and secured 4th spot by a single point. What a rollercoaster.

Now in the summer 2016 and signed Natxo Monreal to rotate with/replace Mikel Balenziaga, and I'm thinking about bringing in Stephane Ruffier as I let Iraizoz go. Not sure whether to bring him in or let my young star Kepa Arrizabalaga have the number 1 shirt. He has the potential to be superb but Ruffier is better at the moment.

Archived