[FM16] Fantasy Canada League (WIP)

pDSkRv1.png

Version 1.2 is out now!!

Hey guys I would like to present to you an interesting project that I am working on for FM16. It is to have Canada become a better nation with the sport of soccer. The goal is to make a national league in the way of the CFL, a regional league and a Juniors League set up like the CHL. There will be no promotion or relegation but you can still make the CCL by winning the Canadian Championship.

I would like to thank a few people for allowing me to use them in the project. They are both on sportslogos.net and I recomend you all give them a look.

NAS1787: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/100915-nasl-canada-winnipeg-added/

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/92600-canadian-soccer-pyramid-2028/

Raysox: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96415-raysoxs-us-soccer-2030-football-manager-mod/

Format:

In this database the season runs from April until late November or early December depending on the year. There are currently five levels to this competition ranging from Professional to Amateur Clubs. I will be adding more as time goes on. Cup wise there are two major cups as well as many smaller ones that are for clubs in each province/territory.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Currently there is no promotion and relegation as this is set up to a hypothetical proposed system. In the future there will be promotion and relegation in the Province/Territories league.

Sometimes in the Amateur Canadian Challenge Trophy a team from NASL enters. Just ignore it and try to beat them. If anyone knows a fix to not allowing them in please let me know ASAP.

In the CIS the "reserves and U18s" still show up as optional teams despite the fact they have no leagues or fixtures just ignore them and you should be fine.

Screenshots

140c06afe5fa26f06380de73fdef2155.png

1b32d5f356f95d7b79f1373f2fcc6339.png

f810eb8a51273e9ee357fc05c6fff22f.png

932b17fb04c182b0761d2f2595c03d79.png

Level 1: North American Soccer League Canada

12 teams face off in a 33 game schedule. At the end of 33 matches the league splits into two. The top six face each other one more time to determine who makes the 4 team championship playoff. Winner goes to the Soccer Bowl and CONCACAF Champions League

Level 2: Canadian Soccer Leagues

Four regional divisions with 16 teams each. The top four at the end of the season face off in a tournament to see who is the best team.

Level 3: CSA Province/Territories Division

Eleven leagues from each province in Canada. The winners will face off in the Canadian Challenge Trophy. Numbers vary between leagues

Levels 4?? Continuation of the CSA Province Leagues

In the future more clubs will be added for promotion and relegation

Level 5: Canadian Major Junior Soccer League

Playable U20s league with 60 teams in three different leagues. Winners of each league faceoff in playoff at end of season

Level 6: Canadian Interuniversity Sport

Canadian College League comprised of four leagues to help with talent. Tournament at end of season to determine National Champion

Cups:

Canadian Championship

90 Team Tournament

All NASL and CSL Clubs Enter

All 3 MLS Clubs

10 Winners from the Province Leagues

Winner of Northern Lights Cup

The Challenge Trophy

12 Teams

Played at end of season

10 Province League Winners

Winner of previous year

Winner of Northern Lights Cup

Various Province Cups and Super Cups

EXTRA FUN STUFF

Revised CONCACAF Champions League

Set up like UEFA Champions League

Canada has two spots

MORE THINGS

-LOGOS,LOGOS,LOGOS hundreds of logos for many teams

-Kits, Many teams with custom created kits

-Tons of new towns and cities including Northwest Territories and Nunavut

-Over 100 new media sources and a few real life journalist

DOWNLOAD

https://www.mediafire.com/?1pc0gutcbxx8w3y

Version 1.0

*Initial release

*Logos and kits will be released in a week or two!

CONCACAF Champions League file included

Version 1.1

*Changed Voyageurs du Quebec to Voyageurs de Montreal

Version 1.2

*Added more cups leagues and teams

*Changed a few names

*Fixed some minor issues

New Champions League

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b1dbaf51z6bs7gf

Graphics

NASL Canada Kits and Logos

https://www.mediafire.com/?2mgo542jglgw2kg

It's an excellent idea... Really !!!

Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal have to go to Canada.

We can replace them by new franchises.

Or, you can create two files : one with this teams and another without.

I think also : you should add another round of fixtures

I always appreciate these updates, I hope I can play it quickly.

Looks good, But maybe you should add another round of fixtures
It's an excellent idea... Really !!!

Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal have to go to Canada.

We can replace them by new franchises.

Or, you can create two files : one with this teams and another without.

I think also : you should add another round of fixtures

I always appreciate these updates, I hope I can play it quickly.

Thanks guys!! On the fixtures I am planning on bumping it to 18 matches as I am trying to emulate the 94 CFL Season that had 12 teams.

Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto are still in MLS but can play in the Canadian Championship. On that Ill be creating a bunch of teams that are unplayable with just city names to fill spots in the cup and I will be adding cups for each province.

Here is a little screenshot of the Major Junior Soccer League in editor.

a6d7685933854d8c7074634ef35395ec.png

I am thinking about a president's Cup like the MLS Supporter's Shield as well.

Also I have decided that I will have three franchises replacing the 3 MLS clubs. Vancouver Reign (Canucks Colors), Toronto Blizzard (Bringing back the NASL squad with Argos colors) and a team from Quebec City. All three 2 squads from USL are in the CSL Regional Leagues and their three academies are in Major Junior.

Baring any issues this db will be out late November early December

More screenshots (Remember this is still WIP)

ab6977a0289ec0f19ef69f0bb9e904c1.png

f58ef4d9e90e2a4c9220453f5b7334e6.png

5085fef855b61ac806ae28afb70b9b4b.png

f4222a51bbb3f8abc5298c9404c26249.png

I understand you... It's very difficult to make...

The championship proposed in post#1 is still very well.

According to me, they should play 32 games before play-offs. (20 in the same conference and 32 out the conference).

The teams of MLS would be replaced by other franchises.

I am willing to help you to realize all this but it is necessary to wait for the release of the editor 2016.

What do you think about it?

Your project is really very good. It tempts to develop the soccer in Canada.;)

I understand you... It's very difficult to make...

The championship proposed in post#1 is still very well.

According to me, they should play 32 games before play-offs. (20 in the same conference and 32 out the conference).

The teams of MLS would be replaced by other franchises.

I am willing to help you to realize all this but it is necessary to wait for the release of the editor 2016.

What do you think about it?

Your project is really very good. It tempts to develop the soccer in Canada.;)

Yes it is a great idea to bring Canadien Soccer to the forefront. I really like the idea of the 32 games and all. How good are you with the advanced?? Because that is pretty much what i need the biggest help as I got all the teams i am wanting set and created all ready.

So I should have this done within the next two weeks for you all. I have one request though. If there is anyone here who is good at graphics please private message me as I would love to get some help creating a few league logos.

The winner of the championship plays the CCC? I never manage to make the Canadian champion play in CCC. You made a manipulation for that? Normally, that must be automatic but...

It's very simple. In the Cups area in the editor add "FA Cup" Pick Canadian Chapionship and you got it moved from the North America section to Canada.

Great work, guy.

I'd love to manage my hometown one day, sadly never had the opportunity. Once I get my hands on a copy of FM 16, I'd love to give this a spin.

Keep up the great work. I hope you keep at it.

I will be keeping it going all year!! Btw who is your hometown??

Hehe. The screenshots look tempting. Hopefully around the holidays I'll manage to get a game going.

Once again, your efforts are very much appreciated.

No problem man!! I hope that I can get a draft working. Having CIS players drafted would be so badass

Downloading this, will try it out and let you know how it goes.

Thanks man. Just to let you know I am going to be changing a few team names in the next update but that shouldn't be too much of an issue unless proper French bothers you. I am planning on changing Voyageurs to Voyaguers de Montréal.

One thing that I've noticed is that Sigma FC appears twice in the OSL. I would also suggest making the teams in the Canadian Soccer League a part of the Ontario structure, particularly Serbian White Eagles.

Thanks for letting me know I'll give that a look tomorrow. I am planning on doing the second part in a later update as I'll be expanding the province leagues to be deeper.

So guys version 1.2 will be out very soon.

Included in the update

* More province based cups (British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec)

* Fixed a few duplicate clubs (Example got rid of the extra Sigma FC)

*Added more clubs

* Added lower divisions for Ontario, Alberta, Quebec and Saskatchewan for more teams and promotion and relegation

*Corrected the Canadian Challenge Trophy to have the BC and Ontario Cup winners join the competition instead of the league champions like in real life

*Correct or close to correct league registration rules for the province leagues

What to expect in future versions?????

* Many logos and kits (Currently about 85% done on that front)

* Lower province leagues (Clubs will be the majority real and extras will be based off of town names)

* Various issue fixes and more

VERSION 1.2 is out now!!

I really recommend playing this version as a few weird issues have been fixed and more cups have been created.

The NASL Kits and logos have been released as well download link is at the bottom of the first post

Can you elaborate on how the NACL works, especially in relation to the canadian MLS Teams ?

So it is set up like UEFA Champions League. For Canada they get two spots. The first is the winner of the NASL and the second is the winner of the Canadian Championship. The 3 mls clubs are in in the Canadian Championship just like how it is in real life with Ottawa and Edmonton in the completion. This Canadian Championship has 92 teams in it. All teams from MLS, NASL and the CSL plus the winners of the CSA and the Northern Lights Cup.

I need to re upload my new CCL version

Sorry mate, don´t follow ... Would you be willing to give a few extra steps, assuming me an utter idiot when it comes to this stuff ? :)

So put the logos and kits in their sub folders of logos and kits in the graphics folder then go to preferences in game and reload skin

Got it, cheers.

I found an issue with the files: For the Canadian Soccer Leagues (2nd tier) no league stats are being recorded and for the players on their profile the stats are counted as "non competitive". Any guesses as to why this is ? Works fine for tier 3 (otherwise i would have guessed it´s the sub-divisions that cause this)

Got it, cheers.

I found an issue with the files: For the Canadian Soccer Leagues (2nd tier) no league stats are being recorded and for the players on their profile the stats are counted as "non competitive". Any guesses as to why this is ? Works fine for tier 3 (otherwise i would have guessed it´s the sub-divisions that cause this)

Hmm don't know about this happening. I'll give it a look sometime this week. Thanks for letting me know!!

Edit: Can you send a screen shot. I have checked in mine and the league stats show up

Hmm don't know about this happening. I'll give it a look sometime this week. Thanks for letting me know!!

Edit: Can you send a screen shot. I have checked in mine and the league stats show up

I will look tonight and try a new save as well (and deactivate a couple Editor Data Files)

I have a question or a couple of questions

a) do the U20 or so act as your academy? so on a youth intake they automatically get assigned to it or do u have to sign players?

b) if it does serve as your youth intake team anyone know what the youth intake date is in FM 16 for Canada

Ok guys a quick update. i should have the next version out mid December. this update will have more teams and leagues plus divisions in some leagues.

Here is a question. So in the CHL there are a few American teams should I do that with my soccer version or should I keep it all Canadian??

mjk46,

Sorry, I'm having a problem answering your PM, I am getting the error message:

"mjk46 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

I would keep it Canadian.

DIM Thanks I had no clue my inbox was full lol

dllu Good idea there. I was planning on adding a few teams from the border states but it would look better with all Canadian.

Archived