Unhappy player holding half my team hostage

I have a player who was upset over a post-game team I gave. I told him that I was not happy over his sending off (he received two yellow cards, both for diving). After the match, I also gave him an official warning. He accepted the warning, but wanted to talk about my team talks, which seemed strange. Why accept the warning if you are complaining about it as well? Also, the rest of the team responded very well to the team talk (8+ players with a "green" response).

The personal talk didn't go well. He's now got 7 other players on his side saying that my talks are harsh, the majority of which had responded well to that particular talk.

I've had my captain and assistant captain talk to the player a few times to no effect.

He's my question - how do I end this scenario? I can't talk to the player in question. It's been 3 months now. Apparently, this guy holds a grudge longer than a middle school kid. In terms of the other players that suddenly had a problem with my talk, less than a day after they had responded positively, have been permanently "nervous" or "hesitant."

Is my only recourse to sell the problem player?

There are ways to suck up to the player. it will take time. You could praise him in the next few games you play him. Thats probably my best advise.

As for the rest of the other 7 players i believe thats gone way too far in this game and that SI need to correct this. But then again we face reality e.g. players at liverpool not wanting rodgers or speaking after rodgers has left.

There are ways to suck up to the player. it will take time. You could praise him in the next few games you play him. Thats probably my best advise.

As for the rest of the other 7 players i believe thats gone way too far in this game and that SI need to correct this. But then again we face reality e.g. players at liverpool not wanting rodgers or speaking after rodgers has left.

I have definitely praised him when it's due. He's my best striker and top in the league, so he does receive praise on a consistent basis. So far, unfortunately, no luck. Perhaps he wants to stroke his hair while telling him he's the prettiest boy in the room? In truth, his diving makes me want to take him outside the stadium and beat him senseless with a sack full of doorknobs.

Manager Reputation has a lot to do with it though, but it's an area that can always be improved. If you're a nobody, players will try and boss you around. If you have some standing in the game, players are more likely to take your side.

for two yellows I'd rather criticize his conduct(diving) than issue a warning which is reserved for first straight red, take a note that sometimes it is a manager fault for 2nd yellow if he keeps already cautioned player with BWM role.

in all cases see post #4, either ignore or bench him, but don't praise him for no reason as you create food for more controversy...

for two yellows I'd rather criticize his conduct(diving) than issue a warning which is reserved for first straight red, take a note that sometimes it is a manager fault for 2nd yellow if he keeps already cautioned player with BWM role.

in all cases see post #4, either ignore or bench him, but don't praise him for no reason as you create food for more controversy...

Yeah, definitely no praise unless deserved, I agree. He's not a BWM; he's a striker.

I use fines for suspensions for two yellows. I use a 1-2 week fine for straight reds. Since they lead to multi-game suspensions, if you can't play, I don't pay ;)

Last time a player of mine got sent off for two dives, he was sold the next day. My fury may have been down to it being the second leg of a Champions League Quarter Final though, with his sending off pretty much leading to our collapse.

If your player is making a such a massive fuss over a team talk, chances are he might be a massive ****er as well as a whining git and I would personally get rid of him. With the effect morale has, a single poisonous influence in the dressing room could have massive effects on the team. No player is bigger than the club.

It is definitely an issue with the game but unless it is affecting performances and results, then try to ignore it
Manager Reputation has a lot to do with it though, but it's an area that can always be improved. If you're a nobody, players will try and boss you around. If you have some standing in the game, players are more likely to take your side.

O_o Heh...

I put in a bug report for something similar actually - linked to the player interaction (or conversations) - I had players asking to leave for first team football, I agreed to sell them on and they did a u-turn on it and asked to stay. Unfortunately, the game doesn't take that into account and holds it as an unfulfilled promise if I stop taking steps to offload the now content to stay player. It gets a bit weirder when they re-raise the issue later, because instead of refreshing the promise all it does it create a NEW promise for essentially the same bloody thing.

But there we go.

Oh and on-topic, I'd just sell the player if he's being a disruption in the dressing room.

If your player is making a such a massive fuss over a team talk, chances are he might be a massive ****er as well as a whining git and I would personally get rid of him. With the effect morale has, a single poisonous influence in the dressing room could have massive effects on the team. No player is bigger than the club.

I agree, no one is larger than the club. I have to wait until the end of the season to get rid of him. Hopefully, we can hold it together until then. Our record has been good, despite this issue. Maybe he can help me finish well before I kick him to the curb.

EDIT: Now 4 months into this charade, he's finally decided to let things drop. All it took was an injury and the threat of being dropped!

I agree, no one is larger than the club. I have to wait until the end of the season to get rid of him. Hopefully, we can hold it together until then. Our record has been good, despite this issue. Maybe he can help me finish well before I kick him to the curb.

EDIT: Now 4 months into this charade, he's finally decided to let things drop. All it took was an injury and the threat of being dropped!

I would still sell, won't know when he's gonna feel bored and start another ****storm against you:brock:

is he a regen or a real player? over time he will cool off but regens have much more extreme emotions, and i'd look to loan them off to cool down and forget the issue.

winning games will keep up the moral for the other players that are against you.

team meetings are such a gamble some don't even allow you to give a positive answer. the ones i hate the most are before a big cup final or when you're close to winning the title. I **** off the squad all the time by saying the wrong thing without intending to

team meetings are such a gamble some don't even allow you to give a positive answer. the ones i hate the most are before a big cup final or when you're close to winning the title. I **** off the squad all the time by saying the wrong thing without intending to

Never ever call a team meeting before these games, nothing positive ever results from it. You will have half the team agreeing with while the other half are probably thinking you're taking the ****.

is he a regen or a real player? over time he will cool off but regens have much more extreme emotions, and i'd look to loan them off to cool down and forget the issue.

winning games will keep up the moral for the other players that are against you.

Never ever call a team meeting before these games, nothing positive ever results from it. You will have half the team agreeing with while the other half are probably thinking you're taking the ****.

He's a real player on Bristol Rovers. And yes, I NEVER do team talks before big matches. The few times when I used to, I ended up with angry players, regardless of what talk I gave.

Wasn't/Isn't there an option when you go to your squad overview to address an issue or corncerns or something? That usually pops up on the top menu when there is a squad wide concern. Then you either talk sense to them or promise them you'll work on it. Usally it goes away immediately.

Wasn't/Isn't there an option when you go to your squad overview to address an issue or corncerns or something? That usually pops up on the top menu when there is a squad wide concern. Then you either talk sense to them or promise them you'll work on it. Usally it goes away immediately.

I never had such an option. All I could do was ask my captain or assistant to speak to the player in question.

Archived