How newgen/regens names are generated.

moe.ny

Does anyone know what determines what regen names of a certain country are generated? I know The regions determine it to an extent, for example, Pays Basque in Spain. I tested language but it doesn't change anything. But does anything else determine what kind of names are generated in regens?

Thanks in advance.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\edt there are regen name files there, and look in data folder its nothing in the editor its a direct edit in a file located within that FM15 folder

i believe there was a file with names you could add on sortitoutsi for 13/14 should help you

Nations definitely generate names (regens and greyed-out ones) from existing ones in the database for that country. I keep stumbling across the same bug where, as I've created a lot of female staff members, their names get used for male regen players and staff. It's funny, but also not really, when you end up with a 5* youngster named Sarah.

Nations definitely generate names (regens and greyed-out ones) from existing ones in the database for that country. I keep stumbling across the same bug where, as I've created a lot of female staff members, their names get used for male regen players and staff. It's funny, but also not really, when you end up with a 5* youngster named Sarah.

:D see what you mean

i wonder if fmrte allow editing of names this time

in past if you changed eg wayne rooney to joe bloggs, everyone in game called wayne changed to joe and rooneys to bloggs

sure it was fixed in 14 version but i didnt use it

I reported it back for FM14, and it was acknowledged as something they could reproduce and look at, but it doesn't appear to have made the cut in terms of fixes, as it's popped up again. It'll become less of an issue as I add more players to the database, as the male names will outnumber the female ones more and more, but it's still something under the bonnet that isn't quite doing what it should.

I could IGE them, but I'll probably end up just nicknaming them in the game itself.

Other option I used a lot in 2014 is the lnc files. CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME ID "new name" "" and you'll be able to change every regens name to something you wish.

thats the file you want couldnt remember:kriss:

for your info fmrte does change the names but bug still there where all players with same christian/surname also change

I changed player names and started a new game and noticed all player names of the nationality changed. However, the chairmen/staff names did not change at all. anyone know how? because I edited them all. The game adds regen staff to clubs and chairmen by default, as well as chairmen who initiate takeovers are all using the old naming system.

I noticed that Spain's regens have often Osia as surname (like 2 or 3 regens called Osia for team). It's a bug probably but it could be interesting studying the case, maybe it's related to how the game choose regens' name

I noticed that Spain's regens have often Osia as surname (like 2 or 3 regens called Osia for team). It's a bug probably but it could be interesting studying the case, maybe it's related to how the game choose regens' name

It could be because a staff member in a spanish club with that name helped generate regens with those names. I've seen Saudi players with romanian names born in Saudi Arabia, Russian players with Turkish names etc.

It's a bug: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/409523-Eneko-Osia?highlight=osia

Eneko Osia is a Sports Interactive programmer.

I'd been following the Osia thread, but hadn't heard he was one of the devs...where did you find that out? Hopefully just a programming mistake and not an attempt for young Eneko to branch out and get his name known.

It's a bug: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/409523-Eneko-Osia?highlight=osia

Eneko Osia is a Sports Interactive programmer.[/QUOT

did you know that a lot of SI staff names have been added to the regen file that generates new names, you could search them in previous versions neal brock was always there, infact I sent him a link in 14 showing he joined my youth academy at Man Utd....but alas he was let go on a free:D

It could be because a staff member in a spanish club with that name helped generate regens with those names. I've seen Saudi players with romanian names born in Saudi Arabia, Russian players with Turkish names etc.

Why does this happen? I understand that say Spanish coaches in England could lead to more Spanish youth players IRL so that should be simulated in the game but your examples are unrealistic. Is there no filter against things that would never happen IRL?

Are there LNC files for regens for FM14? I've looked through the DB folders and I can't see anything.

What's the formatting for the CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME ID "new name" "" files? Does that just change existing player names or does that add new names to be chosen for regens?

the formatting changes existing names. renaming some players effects future generated players. club icons/legends and staff who stay long term in a US/canada clb influence some generated names (their kids, same surname)

I edited names and tried to influence name generation but failed miserably. looks we need a new way. sigh. any help is welcome.

as i am doing my database i have renamed gibraltar to east germany. in the process i have deleted all original gibraltar nationals in the db and transfered all people born in east german regions of todays germany to gibraltar/east germany. all this resulted with no gibraltar names in database who were all taken over by east germans. however, as i simulated through the database game is creating newgens with what seems to be a preset of names which are - englsih (well, gibraltarian).

I had the same issue changing Faroe Islands in last years game, and I'd assume that this is the same thing.

If you change Faroe Islands to a new country with the language set as English, half the regens still come out with Danish names. It's because as well as the nations's language, there's also something which sets Second Nationality for the regens. So when my fictional English speaking Faroe Islands produced regens, half of them came out with Danish as a second nationality and Danish names. There must be something in the databases that says Danish second nationality is common for the Faroe Islands, I couldnt find anywhere to edit it.

I'd guess the same thing is happening with Gibraltar and a chunk of the players having English as a second nationality so you get English names.

I got round it by using the extinct old Ireland, made it active and set the language to English and everything looked ok.

Archived