How do you get different nationalities in youth intake?

Apologies if this has been discussed before - I imagine it has...

I want to get some different nationalities into my youth intake - more specifically, I'd like to have some young Colombian players turn up. I have my second nationality as Colombian, I have set up links with a Colombian team and have not yet produced a single one - is there something I should be doing? I even have all my U18 coaches as Colombian.

The feeder club link is 'to raise profile in another country' though I have another link that is 'to get players from a successful youth set up' in Angola, which has also been fruitless.

I'm in the year 2019, and was wondering if it is actually possible to do this or is it just luck of the draw?

I don't think that it's scouts per se that makes a difference but certainly staff members in general and Managers & HoYD in particular.

I don't think that your 2nd Nationality makes the slightest bit of difference. Primary Nationality yes but not 2nd.

[Edit]

Ok. Going from evidence in my 19 season career rather than what I "think", it suggests the following.

1. Manager 2nd nationality makes absolutely no difference at all.

2. Manager Primary nationality can make a difference.

3. Staff Primary nationality does make a difference.

4. Staff Secondary nationality doesn't make a difference at all.

5. Scout nationality seems to have no impact at all, (either primary or secondary).

Where are you Managing?

I've found being a London Based Club can increase the amount of dual Nationalities as compared to more regional English Club's and looks to reflect the immigration trend's.Could managing in a City where Colombians have traditionally or recently migrated too?

Not so much about searching for foreign youngsters, but a nice touch all the same: Having believed that my kids in Atlanta (now in Argentine Primera División) were all Argentine, was surprised to get a notification that on-loan full back had just been called up for Bolivia U-20s. Turns out that despite being born in Buenos Aires he has Bolivian ancestry, a nice reflection of several RL Argentines who have gone on to play for Paraguay, Chile and other bordering countries through parents' nationality.

I'm currently with QPR, so should imagine that a few dual nationalities would come through. I've had one Brazilian so far, and a couple of English/Ghanain players.

I upgrade anything when I can do - but they aren't top level just yet. I suppose I'll keep patient and see what happens.

Second nationality doesn't have an influence but primary nationality does. I normally get around 1 dual nationality Greek/Argentinan player a season in my youth intake.

Feeder clubs also influences as well as I've started getting Belgium youngsters appearing and when you look at club history they used to play for my feeder club Cercle Brugge.

Head of Youth Development nationality I've found in the past can also influences the nationality of youth candidates.

I am managing San Marino in 2033 so I have had 19 seasons worth of promotions from the academy.

I have only ever had Italian, Sammarinese, Sammarinese/Italian, and 1 single Italian/Sammarinese, (my son).

Although I have 8 foreign (non-financial feeders), but they are not the same as the example given by SWaRFeGa above.

I have 18 different (non Italian/Sammarinese), nationalities represented within my staff and have had a really good Spanish HoYD for the past 11 years. None of this has generated a single non-Italian/Sammarinese player. (Not even a 2nd nationality).

That might be linked to the point raised by michaeltmurrayuk because we only have Established Youth Recruitment (L15-16). I have been unable to improve it for a long time but I recently got the nod to upgrade so fingers crossed.

(Just for the record, I am not actually trying to generate foreign players. I'm just surprised that I haven't produced any).

I am managing San Marino in 2033 so I have had 19 seasons worth of promotions from the academy.

I have only ever had Italian, Sammarinese, Sammarinese/Italian, and 1 single Italian/Sammarinese, (my son).

Although I have 8 foreign (non-financial feeders), but they are not the same as the example given by SWaRFeGa above.

I have 18 different (non Italian/Sammarinese), nationalities represented within my staff and have had a really good Spanish HoYD for the past 11 years. None of this has generated a single non-Italian/Sammarinese player. (Not even a 2nd nationality).

That might be linked to the point raised by michaeltmurrayuk because we only have Established Youth Recruitment (L15-16). I have been unable to improve it for a long time but I recently got the nod to upgrade so fingers crossed.

(Just for the record, I am not actually trying to generate foreign players. I'm just surprised that I haven't produced any).

Hmm maybe it is linked to youth recruitment as i think Panathinaikos have one of the best youth recruitment ratings in Greece. Though i literally got 3 Belgiums the first youth intake after signing a deal with Cercle Brugge, never had that on FM versions before. Only setup the link to send my non EU players there as it's only 3 years to gain nationality. In hindsight i should have got a Brazilian one...or not after last night. :)

Just had a look at my youth intakes for the last 5 years and I've had 3 argentines, 3 belgiums, 2 albanians and a German called Skoda (not sure where he came from as i have no German coaches or players at the club and he wasn't very good....).

Affiliates!! The 'successful youth setup' will give you a good number of players over the years if you are patient. (See below)

Derby_InformationAffiliatedClubs_zpsabacd5a7.png

DerbyCountyYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zpsabc3d355.png

Awesome - that fills me with hope! Cheers man.

• 2 years later...
On 9.7.2014 at 14:47, SWaRFeGa said:

On 9.7.2014 at 14:47, SWaRFeGa said:

Affiliates!! The 'successful youth setup' will give you a good number of players over the years if you are patient. (See below)

Derby_InformationAffiliatedClubs_zpsabacd5a7.png

DerbyCountyYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zpsabc3d355.png

Do you know why i do not have that option? I do not get the option to "recruit foreign youngsters" or the one with "work permit", only the other 3. Is there any special requierments to get such feeder club deals? My facilities are excellent, so those should be good. Scouting knowledege is not great world wide, but Africa i have 100% on many nations. I do only have established youth recruitment and i am managing a club in Norway so club reputation is only national yet, or maybe norwegian clubs cant get those kind of feeder club deals at all? What am i missing here.. Oh and i still play fm14, but as i see the dates this was written i guess you did to :p I hope you see this and know what i need to do, would save me alot of "headache" ;)

10 hours ago, Aalbergsjo said:

Do you know why i do not have that option? I do not get the option to "recruit foreign youngsters" or the one with "work permit", only the other 3. Is there any special requierments to get such feeder club deals? My facilities are excellent, so those should be good. Scouting knowledege is not great world wide, but Africa i have 100% on many nations. I do only have established youth recruitment and i am managing a club in Norway so club reputation is only national yet, or maybe norwegian clubs cant get those kind of feeder club deals at all? What am i missing here.. Oh and i still play fm14, but as i see the dates this was written i guess you did to :p I hope you see this and know what i need to do, would save me alot of "headache" ;)

Firstly, a couple of questions:

1. Why couldn't you have kept this discussion in your own thread rather than revived this one, which had been dead for about two years?
  2. Are you aware that the user you quoted hasn't been online since January? I wouldn't be expecting a quick response.

Now, onto some constructive answers.

Recruit foreign youngsters

When it comes to asking the board to find a feeder club, I don't think there is a specific "We should find a feeder club to recruit foreign youngsters" option. Like Cougar pointed out in your original thread, you just need foreign staff members or overseas affiliates to increase the chances of your club obtaining foreign players in your new intake.

Another idea could be to expand your Youth Recruitment Network, if possible. In the board meeting screen, just go to Networking > Youth Recruitment Network, then choose the option that's specific to your situation.

Work permit

I don't know much about Norwegian transfer rules, but I assume they're similar to other Nordic nations in that there are no work permit regulations. I watched SecondYellowCard's FC Midtjylland FM16 series on YouTube (while he was still making that), and he had no problems whatsoever in signing teenage newgens from Nigeria, Indonesia, etc.

In fact, I think - of all the EU member states - only the UK has specific restrictions on obtaining work permits for players from non-EU nations. There might be similar regulations in other countries, but not as strict as in the UK.

Revived this one? As i did write i did see the dates this was written, you already have your answer to your second question :) Well, the post is here to ask more questions and reply to people as it was meant to do i guess, and if you look at it, you can see that the guy i am quoting has taken picture of the same affilated club like the one i want. The thing is, that what Cougar say is not entirely correct and didnt answer my original question, how to get that type of affilated club. Staff in general doesnt give you any chance of getting foreign players into youth intake that i know of (not once experinced it and i always have more foreign trainers and scouts then norwegian) I have seen alot of people saying if you take your manager first nationality and head of youths first nationality, you get a small chance to get foreign youth in your intake. I have been searching alot before coming here asking other people ofc, it is my last resort sitting around waiting for answer here. So i am not going to sit around for several days waiting for answers like last time, i will look and ask for it while hoping someone replies, like i also did last time. I know there is Affiliates that is named "we should find a feeder club to recruit foreign youngsters". You need work permit most places i EU i am pretty sure, but could be it is harder getting them in UK, yes :) While we are asking questions, i also got a bit curious. Why did you not answer at my thread when you read it. But fiirst when i find someone who might know and ask them you do so? Dont get me wrong, it is nice that you did write in the end anyway but i wonder why people just dont bother much :p

I'm currently managing an English club on FM13 (in the top two tiers, I should add), and these are the four options I get when asking for a feeder club:

• We should find a feeder club to enable us to send players out on loan.
  • We should find a feeder club to secure first options on players from a successful youth system.
  • We should find a feeder club to enable us to send players abroad to secure work permits.
  • We should find a feeder club to improve our scouting network's knowledge.

Nope... nothing in here specifically about finding a feeder club to "recruit foreign youngsters". Are you absolutely sure that such an option exists?

I'd imagine just having any overseas feeder club increases the chances of you having newgens of the relevant nationality - certainly from FM13 onwards, if not even further back. For instance, when I was managing Arsenal in FM16, I got a couple of American lads from Colorado Rapids in my youth intake. Indeed, I've known Arsenal to acquire Vietnamese newgens in recent FMs because of their links with a Vietnamese club.

To go back to my situation in FM13, I recently acquired a Czech feeder club after choosing the second option above. Youth intake day is about a month or so away, so there could well be a Czech youngster or two in my side when that comes around. :)

Pretty sure! I am playing fm14 so it could be something new that is put into that edition maybe. I have seen pictures of all 5 options. I have to eat dinner first, but i will try and find it again so you also can see :) I surely hope that i can get youngsters from my ASEC deal coming into my youth intake (also the option as your Czech feeder club). That would be some great players for the norwegian national team, if i can keep them so they get that second nationality ofc ;)

It was actually in this forum i did see the picture of the option. You can see it in the link there?

If i understand correctly it will then give you this affiliated club deal that you see in the picture that i answered to in thsi thread, and it was written 9.7.2014, so i think we can say it should be possible to get this deal in fm14 :) 

5 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Is that the right link? The screenshot in that link seems to be from FM15, not FM14.

Yes it is :) The same affiliated club deals are in fm14 as we can see in the picture in this thread as well (the picture i first quoted). I have been searching some as i said, sure i have seen several places that it is mentioned in fm14. I am convinced that it is possible :)

43 minutes ago, Aalbergsjo said:

Yes it is :) The same affiliated club deals are in fm14 as we can see in the picture in this thread as well (the picture i first quoted). I have been searching some as i said, sure i have seen several places that it is mentioned in fm14. I am convinced that it is possible :)

I've been playing FM14 for three years, and I have some good and bad news for you.

It looks at your clubs that you have affiliated to for youth reasons.   For example, in my Arsenal game, I have affiliated clubs in France (which came with the club), Belgium, Spain, Scotland as well as Middlesbrough in England.  I regularly get newgens from all those places (including Middlesbrough.)

It also looks at hard-coded information.  Being an English club, I get a fair few newgens from the Caribbean.  French clubs get a fair few from Francophone Africa.  Dutch clubs get Turks and Moroccans in larger numbers, etc.

It also looks at the primary nationality of the head coach and other coaching (not scouting) staff at the club.  My character is American, and I have Tim Howard, Aron Johanson, Michael Bradley, and Landon Donovan on staff. I am now getting multiple Americans every year.

Now the bad news--there is no practical effect on the quality of your newgens.  Only their diversity.  This can actually be undesireable in a club and country game, because it will increase the rate at which your newgens play for other nations.

17 minutes ago, suncrush said:

I've been playing FM14 for three years, and I have some good and bad news for you.

It looks at your clubs that you have affiliated to for youth reasons.   For example, in my Arsenal game, I have affiliated clubs in France (which came with the club), Belgium, Spain, Scotland as well as Middlesbrough in England.  I regularly get newgens from all those places (including Middlesbrough.)

It also looks at hard-coded information.  Being an English club, I get a fair few newgens from the Caribbean.  French clubs get a fair few from Francophone Africa.  Dutch clubs get Turks and Moroccans in larger numbers, etc.

It also looks at the primary nationality of the head coach and other coaching (not scouting) staff at the club.  My character is American, and I have Tim Howard, Aron Johanson, Michael Bradley, and Landon Donovan on staff. I am now getting multiple Americans every year.

Now the bad news--there is no practical effect on the quality of your newgens.  Only their diversity.  This can actually be undesireable in a club and country game, because it will increase the rate at which your newgens play for other nations.

Well, that is good news. That means i will get some foreign newgens coming trough from ASEC, to bad they will not be any better then the Norwegians :p Are you sure those coaches give you any newgens? I have 2 coaches from England, 1 from Scotland and 1 from Italy. I get those almost every game i play, never got any foreign newgens. I have read that your managers nationality, head of youths nationality and affiliated clubs gives foreign newgens so often now, that i belive it to be true. For the coaches and scouts i do not belive have any impact, as i have had alot of them and never any foreigners coming trough. I will find out soon enough if this affiliated deal with ASEC gives me any foreign youths. Wanted that other deal for ASEC, but there are more clubs, so just have to choose another if i figure it out ;)  

Just now, suncrush said:

The affect of coaches seems to be small, but significant in number.

Going from an American head coach only to an American head coach and 4 American coaches roughly doubled my rate of American intake.

Hmm.. Maybe it something hardcoded as you said.. That me being norwegian clubs decrease my chances so much that i have ever got any foreign newgens in my maybe 30-40 seasons of fm14. I only played like 4-5 season on my Nottingham Forest file and i do not think i had much foreign coaches there :)

Archived