Administration

Id like to hear some stories if anyone wishes to share them of their experience of administration / AI clubs going into admin?

Now personally (although I know its in the game) have never entered administration.... now thats probably not strange to most people, however my play style disregards finances! Im talking about spending as much as I can, no matter how I do it... deals with payments across 48 months that are hugely overpriced yet allow me to get more players in under budget... offering vast sums as a payment for 1 International Cap.... putting in maximum appearance bonuses to get the player I want, even if that means it doubles his weekly pay packet... all these sorts of things.

Ive done this across a variety of clubs, from spending over 3 billion in 3 seasons on transfers as Monaco (backed by a tycoon), to having a wage bill in the Conference South of over 200k per week and attendances in the hundreds. However at all clubs and every league ive played in, when it comes to the crunch (ie finances in dire condition) I always get a little top up by a Chairman and never ever face any administration sanctions.

Ill add to this that ive also never seen an AI club slip into admin... granted its harder to understand their finances and whats being spent, but id just assume that at some point, some team, somewhere would face those problems... for example after 8 years in Scotland, no club faced that problem. OK im not expecting it or saying Scotland should have more clubs in admin... but in the past 8 years, how many teams have faced that situation up there? Rangers, Hearts, Dunfermline... Dundee, Livingston.. Gretna?.. before that Airdrie had to reform on top of Clydebank iirc... theres possibly more.

Its not a moan or a gripe, im just interested to see what others have had happen in their games and what potentially was the trigger? Multiple relegations... things like that.

I was playing in the bottom level of the FIFA World League database, (Curepipe Starlight FC - Mauritius), team draws 600 fans a game, I had a minimal salary budget that I stayed within boundaries, got promoted up a level after 2 years, the board gave me a substantial bump in salary and transfer budget, which I only used about 1/3 of the salary budget and none of the transfer budget, but because of no cups/competition and a limited TV budget (and heavy travel and scouting costs), about halfway through the season and several million in the red, they took away the entire transfer budget and cut my salary to much less than what I was spending. It was after the transfer window closed, so I couldn't move the players, the team wouldn't let me terminate the contracts, and in short order they sold off our training and youth facilities, moved in, balanced the books and bailed us out in time to clinch promotion. The next year, the TV money kicked in, and although I'm still only using a portion of the provided budget, we're solidly upper-table. We're still playing in a rented stadium and using rented training facilities, but at least we're staying out of the red.

I am currently managing Bolton. I took them over in 2019 I think, and they were bottom of League Two with a 10 point deduction, 16.75 million worth of debt and a net value of 4m.

We got relegated that season, but our debts were restructured down to 9 million. We came out of administration and got promoted twice in four seasons to League One.

Whenever I see a club fall into administration I like to apply and experience the challenge. I took over Wigan recently who were a lower EPL side, I had to sell 15 players and was left with about 9 youth teamers and a couple of ageing reserves I couldn't shift and some loans the previous manager had got in. We finished 17th - got mauled by everyone in the top 10 but got sneaky home wins against most of the rest of the teams. Finished with catastrophic negative goal difference, but those points just helped ever so slightly!!!

3 seasons later I guided them to 6th, having more or less got things on an even keel and with a good youth focus I decided to leave for another challenge.

A season later a dopey new AI manager splashed out millions in fees and got them relegated and more administration beckons...

My Chelsea side in a network game are facing administration. Even with Abramovich set up as he was spending hundreds of millions a year was fine as it would be covered. However, after spending millions on a new stadium and millions more on players mid-season the club was sold. Selling off the entire first team has held off administration so far, the team is now largely the youngsters who were bought up during the good times and I'm already casting an eye over who I can sell there too.

My wage bill has dropped from almost £5m to under £2m in 2 years, and a team that had Gareth Bale, Paul Pogba, Isco, Marquinhos, Balanta has been dismantled in no time. My mate as Man City has greatly enjoyed cherry picking the best players for substantial amounts, but still hasn't been able to overthrow me in the 2 seasons since then as I've kept a hold of the premiership and won a champions league in that time.

However, unless I can keep selling and cost cutting for another 2-3 years administration looks inevitable. The board had to invest the full limit just to ensure we could still play in Europe next season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I play with Halifax I still play fm 15 from time to time because I'm not fussed about a new one till Leeds go up however I am in 24/25 season won the league last season been 100 legit and now Liverpool are bottom of the championship they must of been in admin they aren't now and they haven't signed anyone in 3 years until this champ season where the fees are like 500k now spurs are in admin in the prem! Weird 

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived