Tom Cleverley

I was looking for a midfielder and came across him. He still has nearly 4 stars potential and has some pretty good mental attributes. As a United fan, I'm shocked. Did players get nerfed/buffed in the patch or did he somehow miss the cut?

5988aeaa2ace5b4cb3528c51685d6ff4_zpsb4b5c6bb.png

ad0aaaf045651eedecb11fb9e543287d_zpsdb4c562e.png

Overrated much?

I think his stats are about right he's not a bad player he's just going through a bad spell and it's being highlighted by the media, I think he's at that age now where he needs to decide what sort of player he's going to be and is struggling. It's not helped by United's poor form and midfield problems also how he's been asked to play.

On a personal opinion though I still think he's not good enough to be playing for United or England.

At stages last season, United fans were putting Cleverly in same bracket is Wilshere, whilst Arsenal fans were putting Wilshere in the same bracket as Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas.

This season, no doubt about it, Cleverly has been below standard, but has he become a bad player? Has the new manager, with new ideas and some bad results made him lose confidence or is he now done and should just be sold to a championship club?

As a researcher, it is very important not to over-react when a player has a good or bad spell but to look at a players performances over a 12 month period. Has he played well when the team have lost, has he gone missing when the team is behind? Why is he playing badly now, and what was different when he was playing well.

At 23, Cleverly will continue to improve, but I doubt he'll improve 'significantly in the future' This comment simply tells you that if eveything was going well, his morale was good, his attitude was good the facilities and coaches were good and he was injury free and playing every week that he 'COULD' improve significantly.

As he has struggled in a struggling team , as a researcher I 'might' review his mental attributes, but technically and ability wise, the researcher(s) will have monitored him through the youth ranks and in to the first team. I think he would be a good signing for most premier league clubs. and if he fulfils his potential would be a great player.

At stages last season, United fans were putting Cleverly in same bracket is Wilshere, whilst Arsenal fans were putting Wilshere in the same bracket as Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas.

This is because in England most people judge a player on a couple matches and not a whole season or two. Now they're realising we're not on their level when our teams get spanked by the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

At 23, Cleverly will continue to improve, but I doubt he'll improve 'significantly in the future' This comment simply tells you that if everything was going well, his morale was good, his attitude was good the facilities and coaches were good and he was injury free and playing every week that he 'COULD' improve significantly.

He's 24 now. I've been watching Cleverley for a long time now. United have looked after him so well, fin terms of sending him out on loan and including him in the first team on regular occasions. Although he seems determined most of the time, as his mental attributes show, I still have failed to figure what kind of player he is.

I'm not just talking about this season either, even when we were doing well with Fergie, I still couldn't see why he played so many games. I hope he does eventually fulfil his potential in the game and in real life but I just don't see it happening. That's why I'm surprised at his attributes and value too.

You don't become a bad player overnight. Just the latest in a long line of witch hunts from the glorious England "fans".

You can't blame Cleverley for following instructions. Moyes tells him to sit deep in front of the back four and that is what he does. The fact that everybody is slating all of the title wining squad and backing Moyes shows what a good job he has done manipulating the media.

You don't become a bad player overnight. Just the latest in a long line of witch hunts from the glorious England "fans".

You can't blame Cleverley for following instructions. Moyes tells him to sit deep in front of the back four and that is what he does. The fact that everybody is slating all of the title wining squad and backing Moyes shows what a good job he has done manipulating the media.

Good point but I think Cleverley hasn't been good enough for a couple seasons now, so I don't blame Moyes.

At a guess - he means that if probably the most successful manager in the British game thinks that a player is consistently good enough to play for one of the most successful and biggest clubs in world football - then that player can't be a bad player. You don't get to be as successful as Fergie was without having some idea as to whether players are good or not!

At a guess - he means that if probably the most successful manager in the British game thinks that a player is consistently good enough to play for one of the most successful and biggest clubs in world football - then that player can't be a bad player. You don't get to be as successful as Fergie was without having some idea as to whether players are good or not!

True but I still think Cleverley is bad :lol: Maybe I'm stubborn. I think now we have a new manager and we're not doing well, more people are seeing he isn't as good as they thought.

Not going to start going into huge depths but I tend to find that in my opinion (yes opinion, not claiming fact) that players at Premier League clubs seem to be given better attributes than those that I consider to be of the same level or better ability from other countries. Not talking about the top top players.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

Anderson.

Well played, sir. Well played.

Not going to start going into huge depths but I tend to find that in my opinion (yes opinion, not claiming fact) that players at Premier League clubs seem to be given better attributes than those that I consider to be of the same level or better ability from other countries. Not talking about the top top players.

I agree, especially the English ones. Which makes the the England team do much better than I expect.

Yeah, English teams and the England national side consistently do much better in-game than IRL. It's been that way for ages.

Edit: on a similar note I've noticed that the "reporter" that talks about the games in FM (pre and post match, you know, the guy that says: "this must be one of the most surprising results I've seen"... like every other game) always overestimate teams in playable leagues. For example, if I play in Sweden (which I often do) and only have Swedish leagues loaded, teams from Sweden will often be favourites in games against much much bigger opposition from abroad. Like, for example, my IFK Göteborg beeing huge favourites against FC Bayern in the Champions Leauge, and such.

I don't think Cleverley can be described as a "bad" player. He's not a world beater, but there's no way he deserves some of the criticism he's getting. A petition to get him out of the World Cup squad? That's absolutely pathetic for me for so called football fans. If Hodgson thinks he's good enough to go, he'll go. It's by no means certain anyway.

If there are data issues with Cleverley, please raise it here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363522-ENGLAND-(Official)-Manchester-United-Data-Issues

There's a thread in GPTG where you can discuss player buffs/nerfs here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/386171-FM14-Player-Changes-in-the-Winter-Update

Archived