Injury Farce - How long for physio's to settle in?

Anybody else had this issue?

Im in my 4th season now with Newcastle, previous seasons have been fine but all of sudden this season, my players are getting injured constantly (big & small) on and off the pitch

For example my last match, 3 players had to be taken off for injury in the first half of the game alone and 2 more got knock's from the game

I rotate my players and often rest my key players before big games

Now the big difference between the other seasons and this one is that I changed my 2 physios at the start, one I always wanted to change but the other I forgot to renew their contract (oops) so installed 2 new ones, both German but I made sure they had good adaptability. Now this must be the reason in this dramatic shift, should the quality or settling period really have this sort of affect on your players? I don't think so, I mean maybe their recovery period once they have got injured might be affected but not this

Anyone else experience this?

This season has became a farce so far

It happens. It was always the case - think it still is - that injuries are slightly lower across the board than in real life. That will mean that in some cases, people will have a lot of injuries, and in some they won't have many at all. But then that's exactly how it happens in real life. There are things you can do to lessen the impact of injuries in the way you play, but for the most part you're at the mercy of luck.

I disagree, this is too much of a coincidence with the change in staff, for 3 seasons not one of my defenders has had a serious injury and for most part Ive been able to keep a set defensive lineup while resting main players for my backups in the cup and easier league games. This season I have just had to play two 17 year old CB's in the champions league because my 4 CB's are all injured, 2 long term

I refuse to acknowledge this is bad luck, i reckon its the change in staff unless someone can prove to me otherwise

Some posters go on as if this game mirror's real life or something, it doesn't it is a bunch of algorithms and it's a computer game and it will have faults

I disagree, this is too much of a coincidence with the change in staff, for 3 seasons not one of my defenders has had a serious injury and for most part Ive been able to keep a set defensive lineup while resting main players for my backups in the cup and easier league games. This season I have just had to play two 17 year old CB's in the champions league because my 4 CB's are all injured, 2 long term

I refuse to acknowledge this is bad luck, i reckon its the change in staff unless someone can prove to me otherwise

Some posters go on as if this game mirror's real life or something, it doesn't it is a bunch of algorithms and it's a computer game and it will have faults

They run specific soak tests on this to make sure that the game mirrors real life as much as possible. And for injuries, they're lower than in real life.

If you really think it's a bug, and have evidence of it, than raise it in the bugs forum and it'll be seen by the devs who can do something about it.

Ok, I'm sure you know best :rolleyes:

What do physios actually do?

As far as I'm aware they just give you updates on injuries, the better the physio, the more accurate the information in terms of length of time out.

They may or may not speed up the recovery of certain types of injury, no one really knows except SI. IMO though they probably don't make any difference.

They run specific soak tests on this to make sure that the game mirrors real life as much as possible. And for injuries, they're lower than in real life.

If you really think it's a bug, and have evidence of it, than raise it in the bugs forum and it'll be seen by the devs who can do something about it.

Your not getting my point, im not suggesting injuries are lower or higher than real life, im suggesting that new physios have increased my injuries.

Ah soak tests, okay then, it must be just real life then ;-)

I could do but what difference will it make to me now, I only every play one game per edition and ive learn't my mistake now, never change physio's unless they retire i suppose

Your not getting my point, im not suggesting injuries are lower or higher than real life, im suggesting that new physios have increased my injuries.

Well that's wrong. It's purely coincidental that your injuries have coincided with the new physios because physios do not affect the likelihood of a player getting injured in a match...

Well that's wrong. It's purely coincidental that your injuries have coincided with the new physios because physios do not affect the likelihood of a player getting injured in a match...

Everybody keeps saying this but how do you know?

Physios won't cause more or less injuries. They only treat the player after he's sustained an injury.

Is that a 100% fact?

I have thought (and hoped) that better physios would also prevent injuries by providing better "maintenance" for players?

If you refuse to accept advice, why did you come here?

If you refuse to accept that it just is bad luck, don't let all your physios contracts run down but renew them in time.

I've changed all my physios first thing when taking charge and never experienced something like you describe. So my opinion is: Bad luck! If you don't believe or accept that: Bad luck… :eek:

I know, but people are countering that you're just getting the bad luck that everyone gets, rather than it being down to your physios. Maybe it is down to them, which is why it might be better to raise it in the bugs forum, so that the people who do know either way can answer you.

Ah soak tests, okay then, it must be just real life then ;-)

Then you're clearly not understanding what a soak test is. It's where they make sure that across all saves, the results are consistent. So that any part of the game isn't consistently over or under what it should be. And what it should be, is close to real life.

I could do but what difference will it make to me now, I only every play one game per edition and ive learn't my mistake now, never change physio's unless they retire i suppose

Yeah, great attitude. So if it is a bug in the game, you'll forfeit your right to complain about it next edition when it's still there due to no-one reporting it?

If you refuse to accept advice, why did you come here?

If you refuse to accept that it just is bad luck, don't let all your physios contracts run down but renew them in time.

I've changed all my physios first thing when taking charge and never experienced something like you describe. So my opinion is: Bad luck! If you don't believe or accept that: Bad luck… :eek:

Try reading the full sentence

I came on here to see if anybody has experienced this problem

I know, but people are countering that you're just getting the bad luck that everyone gets, rather than it being down to your physios. Maybe it is down to them, which is why it might be better to raise it in the bugs forum, so that the people who do know either way can answer you.

Then you're clearly not understanding what a soak test is. It's where they make sure that across all saves, the results are consistent. So that any part of the game isn't consistently over or under what it should be. And what it should be, is close to real life.

Yeah, great attitude. So if it is a bug in the game, you'll forfeit your right to complain about it next edition when it's still there due to no-one reporting it?

Im hoping to resist the urge to buy the game next season to be honest, its too addictive ha

Look i didn't come on here to get loads of attitude, I just wanted to see if other people had experienced this issue

But was just dealt the normal, "its your fault" or "bad luck" replys which are normal on here when really we are dealing with a computer game which wont be perfect and will have flaws

At the start of the season that I just finished, I brought in an entirely new set of staff. Coaches, physios and scouts. I didn't get any more injuries than usual. If anything, I had less than usual. I had an average of 2-3 out at any time, which is quite low.

At the start of the season that I just finished, I brought in an entirely new set of staff. Coaches, physios and scouts. I didn't get any more injuries than usual. If anything, I had less than usual. I had an average of 2-3 out at any time, which is quite low.

Not all physios are the same though

Is that a 100% fact?

I have thought (and hoped) that better physios would also prevent injuries by providing better "maintenance" for players?

Actually, no, I'm not 100% sure.

I did some digging in the official manual and this is what it had to say on the attribute "physiotherapy":

This attribute is exclusively for use with Physiotherapists. Having a Physio with a high rating in this attribute is something you should always look to have. If possible, have at least three Physios with high ratings for this attribute to ensure your players receive high-quality treatment to both prevent and rehabilitate injuries.

I think everyone has experienced several players being injured during games alongside players being injured in training etc, happens to us all. More times than not you'll only have a few players out at a time. I do recall having to replace 3 players before half time in a match, only once though.

So long as you have good physios, I don't see the logic in blaming that (if you hired weak physios, then shame on you I guess). You should probably just accept you've hit that bad run of injuries, not bad considering you're into your 4th season.

Actually, no, I'm not 100% sure.

I did some digging in the official manual and this is what it had to say on the attribute "physiotherapy":

Ok, so that would indicate that what i thought and hoped might be right. Meaning that high class physios would also prevent injuries.

That would also explain my injury crisis this season, the club has only head physio and his physiotherapy attribute is 4 :D

Next season i need to get better physios, hopefully promotion (i am already quite sure we'll win the 2nd league) will give us enough money to do some backroom renovation :)

Yeah suppose you're right, I did

You've done nothing of the sort so you can cut the sarcasm.

Your original question was about changing physios, you got your answer to the best of our knowledge, you didn't like it so you threw your toys out of the pram and got stroppy.

I also wouldn't believe everything you read in the manual either as there have certainly been occasions in the past where SI staff have contradicted the manual.

Your original question was about changing physios, you got your answer to the best of our knowledge, you didn't like it so you threw your toys out of the pram and got stroppy.

I also wouldn't believe everything you read in the manual either as there have certainly been occasions in the past where SI staff have contradicted the manual.

haha clamped but can't admit it

haha clamped but can't admit it

#toplad :thup:

So the manual does suggest that physios do affect the prevention of injuries, so my situation might not be all luck then

It probably suggests having good physios will help prevent injuries, but I highly doubt injuries have anything to do with them being new and having to settle in. That's crazy talk right there.

Archived