[FM14.2.0] Ghost 442 *Updated*

You might have known about Ghost from my first post. I achieved great results from my first season but it was for FM 14.1.4.

A new version of my Ghost tactic is here. I have updated it for FM 14.2.0 and its getting better and better. Great defensive record, undefeated in 10 so far, 20 games played now and I think its ready for all to use. Can't afford to wait till I finish the season to share.

Same shape and style of play. Very attacking minded yet solid at the back.

Here are some screenshots from my save.

Team Instructions

Screen-Shot-2013-12-29-at-11.11.03-pm-1024x585.png

442 Attacking (Very Fluid)

5i.jpg

Some records broken

Screen-Shot-2013-12-23-at-6.15.01-pm-1024x701.png

Screen-Shot-2013-12-23-at-4.50.35-pm-1024x711.png

Screen-Shot-2013-12-23-at-9.53.49-pm-1024x754.png

If you look at the games I lost, its usually Away but only by 1 goal difference.

I actually played Rooney as Central Midfielder and he has been just superb. I know most of you are having problems in your season and try him out at this position. He still scores and assists a lot of goals.

Direct Link

Running this just now in Scottish Division 3 to test it out. Few flaws I can see

- This is not a tactic to be used away from home. Away from home, possession retention seems to be key in games. Theres a lot of the ball going forward, but direct rather than short passing sees a lot of misplaced balls, and its more susceptible to a counter attack with attacking wingers rather than supporting midfielders as they have to be very far forward to get involved in games.

- The strikers dont move enough for the attacking central mid to be able to find them. Because hes coming from so deep, they hold their line 30 yards out and hes forced to run at the defenders rather than play it into feet. If he does go for the longer pass, its down to the strikers ability to beat his defender rather than the quality of the ball as to whether he gets a scoring opportunity.

I cant complain with the volume of chances created, but there are not enough CCC's for my liking. Too often the Midfielder has to shoot from distance.

Thoughts?

kbPo1ls.jpg

First up. This is the only goal of the game. The AF scored because he got 20 yards out, had no options left or right so he let fly. You can see from the celebrations that the wingers on both sides are 1. Late at getting forward, allowing midfielders to cover , and 2. So wide the ball is likely to be intercepted by either fullback if the striker passes to them.

RTEvztM.jpg

Match stats. The deep lying wings mean there is more possession in the middle, but its not overwhelming and when it goes forward, the Central Mid gets crowded out too easily so theres very little opportunity to cross (which they dont do anyway, since hitting the byeline is impossible as theyre too deep to get the ball from the MC or the strikers in the opposition third.

P91RvhZ.jpg

Match stats. 1 shot, it was the 20 yarder. Nothing else. No CCC's and both their goals came from Corners. This was against a team I was predicted to beat comfortably and who are well below me in the league. I wonder if the wingers would be better playing in a more advanced role but as defensive wingers?

gLieQpJ.jpg

Team Heat Map. Note the key areas you want your wingers to hit are either cold or they never got anywhere near them. The Wingers are coming from too deep to be effective, and as a result the tactic is narrow and constricted, and would better suit a shorter passing game, unless you're playing a Wimbledon style with John Fashanu up front. Even then if he wins the knockdown, the rest of the team is too deep to do anything with the second ball. The strikers are easily marked out of the game because the opposition has a spare midfielder each time to drop back since the DM never gets beyond the centre circle.

Hey thanks for analysing this tactic. Is your Fluidity bars of the formation complete? Also most goals scored/created are from the Wingers who passes the ball into space in the middle. And even the wingers cuts inside to score goals themselves. Another CCC is from the DLF who goes deep to collect the ball and distribute to his striking partner.

how's it going for you so far? The main attribute of this tactic is also to try concede much less and defend well.

Great tactic!

I took this in to test with my team. Team is Asker, currently in Norwegian First Division, next season in Premiership.

I have now played 6 matches using this tactic, won them all and created a lot of chances in all matches.

Luckily i had most of the main parts included in my other tactics, so the familiarity was almost full immediately.

I've always be a "classic tactics" man, So i'm really struggling this year. I can't get past Christmas! I rarely use other peoples tactics, but needs must. I'll give this a go with Cardiff City, I'm just glad Vincent Tan doesn't have a say in this game. #TanOut

Anyone tried moving the MC forward to a AMC to make a diamond, i have an abundance of AMC's in my New York side, and if this is route one, isnt he bypassed most of the time?

I've changed the DLF to Target Man, as i have a big lump upfront, but the Advanced is banging them in for fun playing off him..

Can't speak highly enough of this tactic so far, after my old reliable tactic was wrecked by the latest patch. Here is my form up to now...

KingsLynnTown_FixturesSchedule_zps1acc8f70.png

The 3-1 win over Notts Forest was where I began to use this tactic. With players out of form and low on morale there were a couple of blips, but even in the (unflattering) 5-0 defeat to QPR I could see the potential of the system. Now it has really kicked in it has turned my team from relegation battlers to comfortable mid-table. And that is using players largely unsuited to the roles they are playing. Looking forward to next season now!

• 3 weeks later...

i havent tested this, but if it works there is something a little perverse.........

How do you have "Much deeper defensive line" and "use offside trap" working together? In real life, those 2 things are completely the opposite surely?

hey ho, perhaps it says something about the current ME.............

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have no wingers in my Leeds united squad so going to attempt at moving he wingers into MC position and see how it goes. Having no luck on the latest patch what so ever with all other tactics so will let you know how this goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived