Leading 4-1, Then loosing 5-4 WT*

Hi all, seriously how many times is my team going to be abused by steroid abused opposition. Seriously. There have been many times i've been leading 4-1 and my team some how get's overpowered by the opposition to loose 5-4. You can actually see it changing when your leading 4-1, the mechanics of the opposition just some how take off like a rocket.

No matter what I do and not matter what quick formations I apply it doesn't do any good. Has anyone had any success in stopping the opposition going in turbo mode ?

seriously all info welcome.

Depending on the situation. No 4-1 leads are ever the same.

If the team is evidently weaker than mine, I will simply keep the pressure on. Otherwise, I might switch to counter or defensive for a while to soak up some pressure. But I never keep it on defensive for too long.

Try the Tactics forum, there are many helpful users over there who can help you analyse the match situation :thup:

Sounds like you were too nicey-nicey in the team talk and/or your players got complacent or have low concentration/determination.

As Andy says, keep pressure on your players at half time, and on the opponents afterwards until the game is surely out of their reach

Hi all, seriously how many times is my team going to be abused by steroid abused opposition. Seriously. There have been many times i've been leading 4-1 and my team some how get's overpowered by the opposition to loose 5-4. You can actually see it changing when your leading 4-1, the mechanics of the opposition just some how take off like a rocket.

No matter what I do and not matter what quick formations I apply it doesn't do any good. Has anyone had any success in stopping the opposition going in turbo mode ?

Sounds like you don't have a plan for shutting the opposition down.

What would help would be a screenshot of your usual formation along with information about what you did or other formations you used.

General advice though would be two part:

A) If you seem to be in control continue as you are (You don't seem to have an issue here).

B) When the opposition start to take control you need to play narrower, get men behind the ball, minimise the space and play on the counter. Do you have a suitable formation trained that allows you to do this?

Do you watch your whole matches? Or go by commentary only? What formation/tactics do you play?

maybe post detailed info in the tactics forum, there's very little they can't help you with if you provide enough info

If i am leading by anything more than 3 goals, there is a strong chance that my players get lulled. There are a lot of factors to consider. The squad personality is vital. Are your players professional determined? Do you have defenders who get complacent? Did you slap then on their backs and give em a big smile and wow-ed the game? Or did you sit back and assertively tell them you expect more from them? or not to go get complacent? Its perfectly fine if they all get angry with you.

I usually have a plan b to shore up my lead and this includes dropping my attacking stance and looking for counters. I have never ever in my entire lifetime of playing FM blown a 3 goal. If you have, then its time you look at your strategy. its worthwhile to note one thing...if you were down by 3 goals, would you make radical changes to your tactic and instructions? If you are the sort to do that, you should expect the AI to do the same. I have nothing to lose if i was 3 goals down, and I would throw everything at them. One other thing its really hard to believe that one person could lose ALL the games he was leading by 3 goals. Once i understand, but all the time??

I found things like these to happen a lot more frequently on FM13 than before.

However that goes both ways.

I played FM13 for about 3 full seasons before binning it, but in that time I saw 2 wins after being 3-0 down and minimum 10 after being two goals down. That's wins, not just draws and that's both in my favour and against me. More often than not I think I profited from this, but I too felt that this was a bit too much. Added to the sleek feel of the game that turned me off it.

I have never ever in my entire lifetime of playing FM blown a 3 goal.

what about 4 goal advantage? :p but seriously, i find it hard to believe. And not because I think you're not good enough, or sth like that, but because... this is football. :p:)

Archived