Youth recruitment

so how can i upgrade my youth recruitment?

i already got a world class head of youth development guy, and my youth facilities cant get upgraded anymore.. but my youth recruitment is just still "above average"...

iam the biggest club in my country, and #1 in reputation, and there are still clubs that got better youth recruitment than me, and if i ask the board, i can only cut expanses on youth recruitment

what do?

iam in poland

my junior coaching is "exceptional"

trying to increase the budget and youth recruitment budget, only options i get are always just to cut

i invested like i dont know, 20 or 30 million on youth facilities, now theres no more upgrades and my youth intakes are still pretty ******...

this is getting really frustrating

i managed to get a half decent 5 year score in poland (with winning the uefa cup) and the league got a 3,5 star reputation now, so does my club

i hoped that would be enough.. i even banked 30 million..

i was hoping if i had alot of money and a higher reputation that i could upgrade my "above average youth recruitment", but nope~~

I've had decent youth players coming through at Rangers since the start of the game. Youth facilities got upgraded last season to top (currently in 2016/17 season), Junior Coaching is excellent and the recruitment is established

I've had other save games in past FM editions where I'd never get great youth regens coming through regardless of how good my coaches and setup was. I've always been inclined to say it's based on luck but there's obviously more to it than that

iam in poland

my junior coaching is "exceptional"trying to increase the budget and youth recruitment budget, only options i get are always just to cut

i invested like i dont know, 20 or 30 million on youth facilities, now theres no more upgrades and my youth intakes are still pretty ******...

A little noob question maybe, but where can you see if it's exceptional..?

• SI Staff
just won the champions league with my polish club, 60 million bank, polish league is #9 in league reputation

club who wins champions league has "above average youth recuirtment"

this game :rolleyes:

Youth recruitment rating is not only tied to finances, but it is also dependent on club location and nationality as these will affect the recruitment possibilities in the nearby regions. Having all the money in the world will not suddenly make the local talent pool amazing or even much better than it has been previously, but having more money and better facilities means you can make the most out of the talent that you can recruit to your youth system.

Look at it this way (an extreme example I know), if you took the richest team in the world with the best facilities and coaching staff and placed the team into Greenland, would you expect them to churn out golden generations of newgens all the time ?

well if its a matter of location, the location of my team (Polonia Bytom) is pretty much centered in south of poland, so i got Poland, Slovakia, and Czech as nearby as it gets... and you could even argue that Hungary, Germany, Austra and Ukraine are within reasonable range.

yet theres no one showing up from that countrys and my youth recruitment not able to upgrade.

instead

http://img4host.net/upload/2208155950add12faaab8.JPG

i get a guy called gheddafi from Libya (regen of the real gheddafi? :rolleyes:) and a guy from Paraguay :p

• 2 weeks later...

update: 40 years in the game past, 1 Champions League win, 1 Runner up, 2 Uefa CUP wins, 1 Club world Championship, 23 times League Champions, 12 Polish FA Cups, 18 Polish Super Cups

Ranked 24th in Club Coefficients in in Europe

Top Training Facilities, Top Youth Facilities

Youth Recruitment: Above Average

i gather, theres no real hope if this ever changing is there?

To have your country produce good players, your country needs plenty of youth leagues, youth coaches, parents that support their kids to become footballers, schools with fantastic youth programs etc.

None of that comes with winning a few champions league unfortunately.

Look at Spain, their project to turn the country into a dominant football nation took 20 years of nationwide investment and limiting teams to use mostly domestic players forcing the need to train local talents from the top down.

frozenflame- already got a huge reputation increase, its 3,5 stars in the game, to get 4 stars i would need Poland to get top 4 in League Rankings, which is impossible since none of the other clubs ever do anything in uefa cup / champions league, only me...

and iam #24 in club coefficiencies, theres not much room left to improve? iam pretty much only behind all the top german, english, french, spanish and italy clubs...which all 5 are top 5 europe countrys obviously.

mixmkz - yes in theory you are right, but this is a game, are there any options to talk to the parents, improve youth leagues? i already got the best youth facilities avaible in the game. how does your post suppose to help the issue?

it's mostly related to your club's reputation.

From what i've checked while playing FM12 aided with external program, lower reputation league clubs need far more reputation to be able to improve youth recruitment. Even with "worldwide" club reputation is not enough, you''ll need the reputation near real madrid/man utd 's "worldwide". Not sure whether the threshold or requirements had been reduced for FM13.

To have your country produce good players, your country needs plenty of youth leagues, youth coaches, parents that support their kids to become footballers, schools with fantastic youth programs etc.

None of that comes with winning a few champions league unfortunately.

Look at Spain, their project to turn the country into a dominant football nation took 20 years of nationwide investment and limiting teams to use mostly domestic players forcing the need to train local talents from the top down.

These are valid points mixmkz, but I would like to add that Poland has a population of some 38million people based on the 2011 census and growing, and I would like to believe that winning the champions league and two europa leagues would popularize the sport enormously in that country even if its already very popular these days. In my mind there should definitaley be an increase in kids trying out to become football players just purely based on the euforia that such excellent results bring and with an increase of youngsters trying out im sure you would get a much larger pool of top youngsters to choose from!

Now if the club has top youth facilities and top coaches you'd find that a lot of parents would want their kids to train there.... Its as simple as that. Im dissapointed that this isn't reflected in the game. There is nothing more satisfying than building a team up from your very own youth players in my opinion

On a side note it would be awesome if you could use your money to establish youth camps abroad say in countries that have a much larger pool of players (Brazil, Argentina, various African countries) and in this way increase your chances of getting excellent youths through your own accademy.

whats even worse, since 40 years past, there are former top tier clubs who are now regulars in the second division, but still have better youth recruitment than me, because they already started with it

the youth recruitment tab seems to never get up or downgraded, it just stays forever the way it is when the game starts...

Youth recruitment rating is not only tied to finances, but it is also dependent on club location and nationality as these will affect the recruitment possibilities in the nearby regions. Having all the money in the world will not suddenly make the local talent pool amazing or even much better than it has been previously, but having more money and better facilities means you can make the most out of the talent that you can recruit to your youth system.

Look at it this way (an extreme example I know), if you took the richest team in the world with the best facilities and coaching staff and placed the team into Greenland, would you expect them to churn out golden generations of newgens all the time ?

Exactly this.

ok no offense interfector, but since you seem to not understand, and the argument from Riz Remes is completly absurd, i draw you a map

http://img4host.net/upload/0514294150bf4c4515d3a.JPG

the A location is where my club is, the 3 red dots are (and there are couple more) teams that have a better youth recruitment than me.

how is my location anyhow comparable to greenland??

ok no offense interfector, but since you seem to not understand, and the argument from Riz Remes is completly absurd, i draw you a map

http://img4host.net/upload/0514294150bf4c4515d3a.JPG

the A location is where my club is, the 3 red dots are (and there are couple more) teams that have a better youth recruitment than me.

how is my location anyhow comparable to greenland??

mate, i dont think you are getting it. the fact is, poland as a whole produces very few good footballers (thats not to say it never does, but how often do you see a world class polish player? then compare that to world class english, spanish, italian, german, dutch, brazillian, argentinian etc...exactly). as far as i have understood it, your LEAGUE would have to improve as a whole, not just one club doing well. the way you can do this is to bring more money to your league through sponsorship, and keeping money you have within the league. if you wanted to be a bit cheeky and speed it up you could do what i do (playing as liverpool) whenever i have some spare transfer money, and thats give a few million to some of my small local teams (or in your case some of the polish mid table teams). after winning as much as you have you should have a few mil rattling round in your transfer kitty, just share it round and speed it up. if your league is actually any good then more people will take an interest in it.

it is realistic, examples of this in real life are the ukraine league. shaktar are a really good team with good players and are good to watch, but the rest of the league is average at best, therefore nobody gives a damn and ukraine ends up with only average players with the only recent exception being shevchenko.

another tip would be to make the polish players you do have, as good as possible, in order to benifit your national side, as national teams doing well does much more for national interest than just the league.

its not too difficult. in 15 seasons managing in japan (it was originally my secondary game but i enjoyed it so much its now my main) i have made the J-League ranked 5th best in the world by winning the asia champs league and keeping to a rule of using japanese only players to benifit the national side. this means i normally buy from other japanese teams (poaching their regens ;P) for inflated prices.

you realize that we are talking about recruitment here right?

did i say something about my polish players being horrible? as a matter of fact each season i get at least 1 player who has 3,5-4 stars potential, which is very good compared to my squad (since my team performs usually very good at european cups and constantly wins the league), iam fine with that.. i dont expect any 5 star uber world class beating polish messis...

but talents from foreign countrys such as czech, germany, ukraine, slowakia, should at least come to my club and try their chances of a intake...

but instead of that... i get guys from libya and paraguay...

you missed the whole point, but thanks for the wall of text :p

you realize that we are talking about recruitment here right?

did i say something about my polish players being horrible? as a matter of fact each season i get at least 1 player who has 3,5-4 stars potential, which is very good compared to my squad (since my team performs usually very good at european cups and constantly wins the league), iam fine with that.. i dont expect any 5 star uber world class beating polish messis...

but talents from foreign countrys such as czech, germany, ukraine, slowakia, should at least come to my club and try their chances of a intake...

but instead of that... i get guys from libya and paraguay...

you missed the whole point, but thanks for the wall of text :p

To increase your chances of players from surrounding countries coming through your intake, make sure you have coaches on your staff from those countries. That will also help you get the best youngsters from those countries.

Archived