An Americas Adventure

Raware

Game : Football Manager 2013 (PC)

Database size : Large

1-An-Americas-Adventure.gif

As always, a new FM signals a new save for me :). Last year saw me working my way through the English leagues and the years before that, through the Asian leagues. So, this year it seems only natural to attempt a save on the other side of the world...North and South America, hence the (boring) title of my thread! :)

As is the way I play, I’ll be starting at the bottom and trying to work my way up the leagues. I'll be attempting to do this with the newly promoted Sarmiento de Junin. While I want to stay at Sarmiento de Junin and attempt to take them as far as possible, if I do receive a job offer which is too good to turn down, I may decide to take it.

I hope you enjoy my journey. Comments are welcome :)

Love the wikipedia thing, I did that on a much older save but sadly I've lost the page now.

I like the idea of this save the America's are pretty interesting to manage in, good luck dude.

Thanks Acidburn. I've only ever league played in South America once and that was in Argentina for 4 or 5 seasons so it's still all new for me!

You were born in Derby? Unlucky :D. Good luck dude :).

I know, for my sins! I saw the light at an early age though and starting watching The Reds at 8.

Looking forward to see this.Best of luck in Argentina :thup:

Cheers B.W.G :thup:

Not too bad a start.Hopefully a bit of improvement will see you challenge the top teams.

Thanks B.W.G. It's been a steady start and a pleasing one considering the board are only expecting us to learn from the experience of playing in the division this season :D

Interesting wiki layout.

Well, I've done the newspaper layout before and thought the Wiki layout would be another format which would be different from the norm.

Quite a good start you've made.
Not a bad start and still time to push up.

Thanks guys. A more than pleasing start as we enter the halfway point of the season.

Nice to see you back Raware

As you know, the North/South American leagues are favourites of mine so I'll be following this with interest.

Also like the Wikipedia updates - is that a new FM skin?

Thanks DodgeeD. So, if I need a couple of pointers I know where to go...especially if I go to Mexico!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but...

I like the layout.

Not doing too bad at the moment either!

Thanks iSmiff. Glad you like the layout...I do too :D

That promotion spot isn't too far away, but the progress has been good.

Cheers cerud, yeah it's been decent, steady progress so far. Hopefully we can continue it through the rest of the season.

Thanks DodgeeD. So, if I need a couple of pointers I know where to go...especially if I go to Mexico!
Ah, yes that was one of my all-time favourite FM saves... Don't forget my careers have taken me to Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil and MLS as well :p

Still going well,hopefully you can take advantage of any slip ups the higher positioned teams make.

Cheers B.W.G. Just over halfway through the season and yeah, we're still going well. I am hoping that the teams above us will slip up but at the minute they're looking very strong. There's still 4 months left and 17 games to go so anything's still possible! :)

Archived