FM13: Manchester City - Winning the Title in Spectacular Fashion Since 2012

Dune297

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

History

Manchester City was founded in 1880 as St. Marks West Gorton, and later became Ardwick AFC, before becoming what they are known as today, Manchester City, in 1894. In 1899, City won their first trophy, winning the Second Division which came with promotion to the First Division, the top league at the time. About five years later, City won another trophy, this time the FA Cup, and in the same year, they came very close to winning the league, finishing 2nd. Before moving into Maine Road in 1923, City had played in Hyde Road. In 1933, City began another successful reign, reaching two consecutive FA Cup finals (one resulting in a win), and winning the league in 1937. A year later, City were relegated, thus ending their reign in the thirties.

Maine-Road-009.jpg

A bland run occurred for the next 25 years, until Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison took over the club. In the first year of their reign, City were promoted back to the First Division, and in the following season won the title. Two years after that, City won the league again, and subsequently won the FA Cup. In 1969, City took the European Cup Winners' Cup by defeating Górnik Zabrze 2-1 with goals from Neil Young and Francis Lee. In the same year, they had won the League Cup with a victory over West Bromwich Albion. In 1976, City won yet another League Cup, with a 2-1 victory over Newcastle, ending a successful reign.

final%20recopa%201969-1970%20manchester%20city%20gornik%20zabrze.jpg?1287516400

in 1998, City were relegated to the third tier of English football. Following that, City won consecutive promotions back to the Premier League, where they are now. In 2003, City moved into City of Manchester Stadium, which was originally designed in a failed bid for the 2000 Summer Olympics. Over the years that followed, City remained a mid-table club in the Premier League, where they went through some financial trouble, and were taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group. City then launched bids for many high profile players, and soon after completed the signings of Robinho, Tevez, Lescott, Barry, and Adebayor, among many more. In 2011, City won the FA Cup with a goal from Yaya Touré, who also scored the winner in the semi-final vs long time rivals, Manchester United. They finished third in the league that year, qualifying for the Champions League for the first time. In the season that followed, City went on to win the title surging back from being 8 points down to Manchester United with just a few matches left. In the final match of the season vs QPR, City were down 2-1 going into stoppage time. Only a win would get them the long-awaited title. In the 90th minute, substitute Edin Džeko headed the ball into the bottom corner, leveling the score. In the fourth minute of stoppage, Sergio Aguero converted to win the game 3-2 and gift City their first title in forty-four years. City also achieved victory in the both league Manchester Derbies, including one beating of 1-6 at Old Trafford.

article-1336928907233-13122503000005DC-114204_466x310.jpg

Legends: Bert Trautmann, Billy Meredith, Francis Lee, Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell, Roberto Mancini, Joe Mercer, Malcolm Allison, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Tony Book

Our Squad

Goalkeepers:

• Joe Hart (GK) PROFILE
    Brilliant goalkeeper, should keep you set in that department for a good 10 years at the least due to his young age.
  • Costel Pantilimon (GK) PROFILE
    Young goalkeeper, not a bad backup for Hart.
  • Richard Wright (GK) PROFILE
    Old and simply isn't fit for Manchester City. If you want a reserves keeper, then go ahead and keep him. Otherwise, release him as soon as possible to save a bit of contract money.

Defenders:

• Vincent Kompany (DC) PROFILE
    Easily one of the best central defenders in the Premier League. Should be starting every important game.
  • Joleon Lescott (DC) PROFILE
    A good defender to start alongside Kompany. Should provide a few quality years yet.
  • Kolo Touré (DC) PROFILE
    Old, but still a decent backup central defender. I wouldn't recommend selling him until Nastasic ages a bit.
  • Matija Nastasic (DC) PROFILE
    Great potential and could be a top defender for a long time to come. Make sure to give him some playing time so he develops.
  • Dedryck Boyata (DC) PROFILE
    Likely won't hit his potential and likely not a good enough defender for City. Better off letting him develop and then selling him for a good profit.
  • Gaël Clichy (DL) PROFILE
    Pacey and an absolute beast of a defender.
  • Aleksandar Kolarov (DL) PROFILE
    Unlike Gaël, Kolarov is more of an attacking full-back. Should be taking free kicks and corners as well.
  • Maicon (DR) PROFILE
    Commanding right back, one of the best defenders in the world. Old in age, but can still perform well.
  • Pablo Zabaleta (DR) PROFILE
    Your third right back behind Micah and Maicon. Can play a wide spectrum of positions, mainly in the defense, making him the perfect backup. I do not suggest selling him unless he simply does not perform for you.
  • Micah Richards (DR) PROFILE
    Relatively young, pacey, and a great defender. Should be replacing Maicon as he ages.

Midfielders:

• Javi Garcia (DM) PROFILE
    A bit underrated in FM. Still has great stats for a DM and also performs well in a wide array of positions. Using him alongside Yaya or Gareth would be your best bet.
  • Yaya Touré (MC) PROFILE
    One of the best, if not the best, box-to-box midfielder in the world. Decent in the defensive midfield role, but really shines when you play him as a central mid.
  • Gareth Barry (MC) PROFILE
    Aging nowadays, but still a very accomplished midfielder. He also plays well in a defensive midfield role, as with Yaya.
  • James Milner (MC) PROFILE
    Well rounded stats and a great backup for almost any attacking position.
  • Jack Rodwell (MC) PROFILE
    A very decent backup. Has the potential to surpass the ability of both Javi and Gareth. Should be developed carefully, as he can turn into an accomplished first teamer.
  • David Silva (AMC) PROFILE
    One of the best playmakers in the world at the moment. When he's inform, he's brilliant. Works best as an AMC or AMR, but plays a number of other positions as well.
  • Samir Nasri (AMC) PROFILE
    Like Silva, Nasri is another great playmaker. As with Silva, he can work a number of positions. In my experience, he's best in AMC or AML, making him the perfect person to coincide with Silva.
  • Scott Sinclair (AML) PROFILE
    Sinclair is a decent enough backup for Nasri assuming you use wingers, however, if you do not, then there is no purpose for him in the team. Look into selling him if this is the case.

Forwards:

• Sergio "Kun" Agüero (ST) PROFILE
    Possibly the best striker we have. Plays fantastic in a poacher role.
  • Carlos Tevez (ST) PROFILE
    Like Agüero, Tevez can get off very good as a poacher. As I've noticed in other FMs, he also seems to perform if you play him as a trequartista in the AMC spot behind Agüero.
  • Mario Balotelli (ST) PROFILE
    Despite his personality issues in-game, Balotelli is still one of the most promising strikers out there. Give him a few years of consistent game time and he'll likely reach, at the very least, the level of Tevez.
  • Edin Džeko (ST) PROFILE
    Džeko has seemed to gained the title "super sub" as of late. Sadly, this title doesn't seem to add up in FM. To be honest, Džeko has been my most consistent striker as a target man in FM13 thus far, banging in goals like no other.
  • John Guidetti (ST) PROFILE
    Yet another wonderkid striker coming through our ranks. Give him a few years and perhaps he'll turn into something great.

Youth Prospects:

• Karim Rekik (DC) PROFILE
    Rekik is easily our largest youth prospect. Touted as the next Kompany, Karim still has quite a few years to go before playing regular football. However, that day should come, as he's looking excellent already.
  • Mathias Bossaerts (DC) PROFILE
    As with Rekik, Bossaerts is another promising central defender. Although he doesn't quite have the potential of Rekik, he still could be an important player for the club in the future.
  • Thomas Agyiri (DM) PROFILE
    Although Agyiri likely won't reach the ability required for City, he certainly could be auctioned off for a good sum of money after being developed for a few years.
  • Mohammed Abu (DM) PROFILE
    Abu has a decent enough chance of becoming, at the very least, a backup defensive mid for City. A 20 year old already, there won't be much downtime before you find out whether he'll fit in your team.
  • Abdul Razak (MC) PROFILE
    Razak is another highly rated prospect. In FM, he seems decent, and could fair as a good backup for you in the years to come.
  • Olivier Ntcham (MC) PROFILE
    Winning the race over Inter Milan, Arsenal, and Juventus, Manchester City have signed a very hot prospect in Ntcham. He should become a very decent midfielder in your reign as City manager. He may be worth developing.
  • Denis Suárez (AMC) PROFILE
    Winning the Manchester City Young Player of the Year award all but confirmed the notion that Denis Suárez. His potential doesn't seem to be quite there, though, and he may not develop into what you hope from him.
  • José Ángel Pozo (ST) PROFILE
    José Ángel Pozo is yet another good striker prospect on City. Although his potential doesn't seem to quite be up to par for first team football, you may be able to develop him over the next few years and make some decent pocket change.

Transfer Budget

budget_zps5e650283.jpg

Transfer Targets

Goalkeepers:

• Jed Steer (GK)
    A decent backup for Hart to replace Pantilimon. Only 19, so he has the time to develop. The price isn't exactly great, but he should last you a while.
    Cost: £4.4m, $7m, €5.4m
  • Gomes (GK)
    In his thirties and rarely ever gets time for Tottenham. Decent backup for Hart, and can replace Pantilimon immediately. Very cheap price for a decent backup.
    Cost: £900k, $1.4m, €1.1m

Defenders:

• Martin Skrtel (DC)
    Can be great as a backup for Lescott. He'll be in his thirties by the time Nastasić develops, making him the perfect option to fill in the gaps. Admittedly a bit pricey, but shouldn't set you back too much given the ridiculous amount you have to spend.
    Cost: £11.6m, $18.5m, €14.3m
  • Ryan Shawcross (DC)
    Relatively young and a very good defender. Should cost you in the same range as Skrtel, and due to his young age, he may be a better option.
    Cost: £11.6m, $18.5m, €14.3m

Midfielders:

• Gareth Bale (ML)
    One of the best wingers in the world, and Tottenham are surprisingly open to selling him. Although his purchase would take a large amount out of your transfer budget, if you plan on playing wingers, Bale would be a fantastic buy.
    Cost: £22.9m, $36.5m, €28.1m
  • Marouane Fellaini (MC)
    A great ball winning midfielder. Defensive based, with great height and mentals. Would be a fantastic purchase, and would give you one of the best holding midfields in the world if you choose to use him alongside Yaya.
    Cost: £20.7m, $33m, €25.4m
  • James Ward-Prowse (MC)
    If you’re looking to go the youth route, James Ward-Prowse has great potential. He's more attacking based, so you must keep that in mind.
    Cost: £1.9m, $3m, €2.3m

Forwards:

• Adam Campbell (ST)
    There is little need for another striker aside from a young one, which Adam Campbell is. Very fast and should turn into an excellent striker.
    Cost: £1.9m, $3m, €2.3m

Manchester City Records

Club Records

Highest Attendance -

Highest Gate Receipts -

Highest Average Attendance -

Lowest Attendance -

Biggest Win -

Biggest Defeat -

Highest Scoring Game -

Highest Scoring League Game -

Most Goals Scored in a League Season -

Least Goals Conceded in a League Season -

Highest GD at the End of the Season -

Most Points in a Single EPL Season -

Most Games Won in a Row -

Most Games Without Losing -

Most Games Without Conceding a Goal -

Player Records

Most Goals in a Season -

Most Goals in a Match -

Most Assists in a Season -

Most MotM Awards in a Season -

Worst Discipline in a Season -

Most Apps for City (Found under overall) -

Most Goals for City (Found under overall) -

Youngest Player -

Oldest Player -

Fastest Goal -

Fastest Hat-Trick -

Youngest Goalscorer -

Oldest Goalscorer -

Highest Average Rating (1 Season) -

To apply for a record, please post in this thread with screenshots as proof. Thanks! :)

Reserved for future use, if there is any. Thanks for reading, feel free to post beyond this point. :)

Usually this reserved post if for any information about future updates which may affect the team to be added in :thup:

Nice OP.

Same sentiments as above, cracking opening posts.

Just one thing like. How the hell does Super Mario only have 18 for Penalties? It should be 21 at least!

2nd that haha

Good thread, hopefully this season is just as eventful as last :)

Started a man City save to have some fun spending. i always use the demo (beta) to do some scounting of potential signings. I started as City, brought Messi, Ronaldo and Robben in first ransfer window. Yep, you read it right.

I think the transfers in this years version of the game is too easy/flawed/bugged. There is no way CIty could get all these player in the space of a week!

let me know what you think.

fyi unbeaten in all completions. begining of November. I had a 100% winning record until I drew Chelsea at the bridge 2-2.

Nice thread. I haven't got the beta, waitin for the game to come out next Friday before starting my City save. Is there anyone who has significantly changed in attributes from FM12?

Have to add to earlier comments as well, Balotelli should surely have 20 for penalties, he's never missed one in competitive games!

An FM13 Clud Thread/Guide is not the time or the place. However, if you wish to embarrass yourself some more then feel free to either PM me or bring it up in the Off Topic Thread.

I was just following your lead.... I have no desire to embarass myself further as you are clearly superior...

Good thread, mate. Taking over from me last year - I hope yours has much more success than mine found. Unfortunately nobody enjoys going City, it seems... I'll post in here once I buy the game and have a proper chance to play it (work etc means I won't have a lot of time). Hope this is a good thread, can't remember the last time it was. :thup:

JDownie,

I'll try and be more active this time round. To be honest, I did find it quite an easy game for a couple of years so stayed away from FM entirely. I got back in to it last time though and this year, I'm planning to have a very long term City save and see how long it takes to get the club fully sustainable.

I never got too much joy out of Silva in his real life position last year either, I kept to either a 41221 or a 442. This year, I want to base my team more around our real life spine and four players in particular, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero. Not sure how I'm going to set up tactically though, downloading the demo now to check out the new match engine.

I never got too much joy out of Silva in his real life position last year either, I kept to either a 41221 or a 442. This year, I want to base my team more around our real life spine and four players in particular, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero. Not sure how I'm going to set up tactically though, downloading the demo now to check out the new match engine.

If looking at players from the current squad, then I think a 4-2-3-1 would be a great way to go. sort of like this;

Hart

Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy

Barry - Toure

Milner - Kun Aguero - David Silva

Tevez

As for roles, I'd try something like this;

Hart - Sweeper Keeper - Support

Richards - Fullback - Support

Kompany - Central Defender - Stopper

Lescott - Central Defender - Cover

Barry - Defensive Midfielder - Defend

Toure - Deep Lying Playmaker - Support

Milner - Winger - Attack

Kun Aguero - Attacking Midfielder - Support

David Silva - Advanced Playmaker - Support

Tevez - Advanced Forward - Attack

I appreciate you will look at Milner and ask why? Well the simple reason is that by playing a winger you have a different kind of option attacking wise. Alternately, look for a left winger, (Gareth Bale being the obvious suggestion), and play David Silva from the AMR position, still on Advanced Playmaker - Support.

Also for the Covering CB, I'd want someone who is a bit pacier than Lescott in the long run.

I must've had about 12 different FM12 saves with Man City (not even joking) and in the last 3 or 4, i finally cracked Silva and got him to play like the beast he should be. this was my system.

4-4-2:

GK, Hart (GK/D)

RB, Richards (FB/S)

RCB, Kompany (BPD/D)

LCB, Lescott (CB/D)

LB, Clichy (FB/S)

MCR, Yaya (B2B/S)

MCL, de Jong (BWM/D) *Javi Garcia this year

AMR, Silva (IF/S)

AML, Johnson/Nasri (W/A, IF/A respectively)

RS, Dzeko (TGM/A)

LS, Aguero (P/A)

I sell Tevez straight away. good money for him and he's a pain in the dressing room. This set up had Silva produce something like 13 assists and 4 goals in 30 games. I know it's not amazing, unbeatable form but it was still very good, consistent form that saw him bring in an avg. rating of something like 7.56.

Also, regarding Tom's post above, very strange system imo. I would have Yaya as B2B because it's how he plays in real life. Although looking at Barry's role you seem to have 2 DMs. Milner on the wing is crazy, he's far too slow for the role of Winger Attack, as Support he might work but then I don't ever play Milner on the wing. Aguero and Tevez would switch around for me - Aguero has the pace to lead the line that Tevez doesn't, and Tevez is more influential from deeper (I used to retrain Tevez to a Treq. at AMC for maximum effectiveness. now I sell him, like I said). And I hate the thought of Adv. Playmakers out wide which means I play Silva as an Inside Forward. basically with a few tweaks he drifts into the centre, picks up the ball, does his usual dwindling and waiting and then plays the perfect pass.

Just to chip my tuppence in, for the last 2 or 3 years I've gone with a 4-2-3-1. This is the system I've gone with so far (although I'm experimenting with a different central midfield):

GK

WB(A) - BPD(D) - CD(D) - WB(A)

B2B(S) - DLP(D)

IF(S) - T(A) - IF(S)

AF(A)

The only main differences on 13 to 12 for me, has been the enforced switch of Aguero and Tevez. With Tevez only 'Natural' as a striker, I've had to stick Aguero there and have Tevez as the AF. I'd agree with JDownes on Silva too, I've only ever come close to replicating his style in real-life using him as a Inside Forward in a support role at AMR.

I'd love to know how to get more out of Nasri, though. I've had absolutely no luck with him so far.

Also, regarding Tom's post above, very strange system imo. I would have Yaya as B2B because it's how he plays in real life. Although looking at Barry's role you seem to have 2 DMs. Milner on the wing is crazy, he's far too slow for the role of Winger Attack, as Support he might work but then I don't ever play Milner on the wing.

It's a 4-2-3-1. I don't understand how it's strange?

Playing two DM's is more stable than 2 CM's, (or atleast on FM12 it was), as there were well known issues with CM's regarding defending - no DM = a plethora of space for the opposition to exploit. (If you don't believe me, check out some of Cleon's threads in Tactics Forum about itP). And only one of the Defensive Midfielders, Gareth Barry, is set as a DM. This is because using that role offers more than the Anchor Man role. Toure as a DLP support will still get forward and support the attacking phase of the game, but also give greater defensive solidity than a CM.

About the pace of Milner on the wing, I really don't see it as an issue. On my current save on FM12, my winger has pace of just 13, (just one above Milner on FM13), and he does just fine. I can't imagine it's too different on FM13?

Bluemoon,

Nasri won the World Golden Ball for me on 12 (think that was what the award was called. My 442 was pretty similar to JDowies, I played him as an inside forward attack on the right with a winger on the left. You need to get him in to places where he can score, I found him more of a goal finisher than a creator.

Interesting set up Tom, I did think why Milner! I always had more luck with him as a DLP. I agree though about having different roles behind the front man to give more options, might give it a go.

Bluemoon,

Nasri won the World Golden Ball for me on 12 (think that was what the award was called. My 442 was pretty similar to JDowies, I played him as an inside forward attack on the right with a winger on the left. You need to get him in to places where he can score, I found him more of a goal finisher than a creator.

I think I'll be having a re-think of how I'm using him then.

Unrelated but Demba Ba is an absolute bargain at £7m. He's been working wonders for me at AML. Wage demands were a bit more than you'd want but he's been great.

Ok, just fired up the demo, going to take a bit of getting used to, I think! I'll have to do some research in to training, I've got no idea what the new structure is like.

In terms of the ME, I'm quite impressed so far. I'm getting results out of both Silva and Nasri playing them on the wings in an attacking 442. Not sure about Garcia yet, might get someone new in for him. Balotelli also looks a bit of a liability, but I'm going to play the first season without any transfers and see how I get on.

It's a 4-2-3-1. I don't understand how it's strange?

Well, 4-2-3-1 is a formation and not a system, so I don't know why you're bringing up the shape. The shape is standard - it's the same shape I already admitted to using myself. The thing I find strange with your system I have already highlighted - you play with a proven, top player as an Attacking Midfielder Attack when he would be better as a Trequartista or Inside Forward Attack because he gets into goalscoring opportunities better. You play the world's best (and the games best) Box-to-Box midfielder as a deep lying playmaker. A total waste of his physical attributes. You play a slow, lethargic central midfielder as a winger and you play with an Advanced Playmaker Attack on the wing. It's just very bizarre in my mind, is all. To each their own.

Playing two DM's is more stable than 2 CM's, (or atleast on FM12 it was), as there were well known issues with CM's regarding defending - no DM = a plethora of space for the opposition to exploit. (If you don't believe me, check out some of Cleon's threads in Tactics Forum about itP). And only one of the Defensive Midfielders, Gareth Barry, is set as a DM. This is because using that role offers more than the Anchor Man role. Toure as a DLP support will still get forward and support the attacking phase of the game, but also give greater defensive solidity than a CM.

I have never played with DM-DM, AMR-AMC-AML because it leaves a big gap in the centre of midfield. I agree that it adds defensive stability but it also makes it easy for good passers to dictate the midfield because your team is too deep. Besides, for me, with a BWM/D and a B2B it means I have two men willing to drop very deep anyway. I have nothing but great success with MC-MC, AMR-AMC-AML. Not to knock the two DMs, just that I, personally, have a preference for 2 MCs, especially because it allows for full and optimum use of Yaya Touré.

About the pace of Milner on the wing, I really don't see it as an issue. On my current save on FM12, my winger has pace of just 13, (just one above Milner on FM13), and he does just fine. I can't imagine it's too different on FM13?

Hmm, again, I suppose this is a case of personal preference. However the purpose of a Winger/Attack is to beat the man, get to the byline and play in a good cross. Milner has neither the flair nor the pace to beat a fullback (unless they're a second-rate defender...) and so if I had to I would play him as Support. However I would totally stray from playing him out wide because he is a central player...

Also, someone asked about Nasri. I can't seem to get much use out of him anymore. I did used to have luck with him on AMR as an Inside Forward Attack, but since moving Silva there on IF/S, Nasri became redundant and started working from AML (which he can't do as well).

I have read a few times that two dms give you the stability in the 4231 that two cms can't due to the ME, although I wasn't sure that was still evident in FM13 as well? To be honest, and I think this was mainly due to the players at my disposal, I didn't encounter any issues in FM12 from playing two cms either, I get that they don't perform as well as they could do defensively and could be exploited, but they gave me more offensively than I could get out of 2 dms without individually changing their settings away from the default roles, which is something I don't really like to do. From what I have read though, I think Tom is right in that it was a glitch in the ME.

One thing I was going to ask in the tactics forum, but I'll check in here first. This year, I'm intending to use the shouts a lot more as I started getting my head round them recently. As such, I'm leaving a lot of instructions on the default and then changing my setup using the shouts instead. One thing I'm not sure about which way to go though is formation versus strategy in terms of back up tactics. Last year, I had three different formations that I utilised, but kept the team instructions pretty much the same. I didn't really play anything else apart from a Balanced Standard approach. This year, I want to change my mentality a bit more to see what effects I can get from doing that on top of the shouts.

In terms of back up tactics, what would you guys prefer to have? Different formations but similar strategies, or same formation and different strategies? I'm not sure which has a greater hit on familiarity if I have not trained the formation/strategy already, if that makes sense.

Right, after playing around with the demo, I'm downloading the full game now. Anyone playing with us at the mo? How are our youth prospects developing? A bit like JDownie, I had multiple saves last year. Instead, this time I plan to do one and then go as long term as I can.

I'm already tired of the nonsense tactical problems with this game. It doesn't matter how defensive your midfield is or whether you play 2 sets of fullbacks, they will ALWAYS get skinned. It's got to the point where I'll just stop playing this game altogether. Signed Bale for City and he hasn't gone a day without getting injured too. It's just all abit **** for my liking. Back to FM2012 I go!

Can't really comment on the last post as I haven't experienced that at all. I've been on the game for around 12 hours now and have only got to the end of preseason! Spent a lot of time sorting out staff as well as having a scout around - Shaktar seem to have some good players this year! I've also hired in a DOF and put him on responsible for transfers on a separate save just to see who he brought in and how much he gets for players. So far, he has bought Baines and Fellaini and sold Kolorov, although for not as much as I would have liked. He seems to get very very good scouts in though, so might use him for solely that as I spend so much time doing it myself, it usually takes me a month to complete a season.

Started off well so far, cumulative total of 17 scored, 2 conceded in preseason friendlies. I've seen a few niggles in the animations, but the ME to me is much improved to FM12. I'll play a few games in to the season and then put a few screenies up tonight.

Hi Guys

Nice post.

Can I ask, how does Jack Rodwell develop in the game? On my Tottenham save I am considering purchasing him (city want £13mil and he is unhappy).

Clearly the lad has potential, but would have expected him to develop a little better than he has already.

I think you won't have any trouble doing that. This actually is a great idea and whenever I try to achieve that I just cannot get rid of Toure, Kompany, Silva and Aguero and obviously I fail :D

I'm going to have like a 2 season transitional period as I don't want to get sacked!

So far I've signed Baines, Walker & Holtby (English born), I also had a bid for Wilshere signed sealed but not delivered because he failed his medical doh!

I've sold Dzeko, Kolarov, Toure & Nasri so fay but like I say I'm doing it slowly.

I'm in the 2018/2019 season now.

I didn't win the league in the first 3 years, but then I won 3 titles in a row and I have a 7p lead now at half season.

(+1 CL in the 2nd year and 2 semifinals :(). Yes its nice to have a sugar daddy.

The only players left from the original team: Aguerro (always Trequartista for me), Hart and Kolarov (but as sub).

I had success with 5312 and 41221, 41212 diam work decent also. CA works great.

H2H matches with Man UTD ,I have 12 victories and they have 1 (never used control or attack against them).

H2H matches with Chelski, I have 8 victories and they have 2.

Most of the games in the first couple of months every year are on extended highlights.

This might be my first actual post on the FM forums, despite lurking for years. Anyway, great opening post to this thread.

Just started my first save in FM13, as always with City. I have a question regarding buying / selling, but city specific so posting here rather than in the Buy / Sell thread.

Have people had a lot of success with Mario? In previous games I don't feel I put enough into him to get the most out of him, but I'd really like to try this year. I'd also like to invest time in Guidetti, which means I'd really like to sell one forward.

So, I'm thinking of trying to flog Tevez. Have people done this in the first transfer period? Did you get much for him, and do you feel Dzeko, Mario, Aguero and Guidetti was sufficient?

If I do sell, I'll probably look to buy Felliaini. I'm training Garcia to be a centre half - has that gone well for anyone?

I've started my Man City save. I'm taking a break from Swansea and Tottenham.

Sold Tevez to Chelsea for £21.5M. Fans are furious. Don't care. Kolo went to Fenerbahce for £1m. Fans also furious. Still don't care. Kolarov to Galatasaray for £5M. Don't know (or care) what the fans think of this one.

I brought in Davide Santon for £13.5M from Newcastle; Adryan as a future star for £850k; and Wellington Nem as a back-up to Silva for £3.5M.

I need to find a CB but it's not urgent as I have Kompany, Nastasic, Lescott and Rekik. Next season I'll move Lescott on though and will need someone new. I'll scout someone out.

Default formation is a 5-2-1-2. played it in my first game against Chelsea. surrendered a bit of possession (I finished with 42%) for more chances... I won the Community Shield 3-0, Dzeko scoring the first, Lescott the second (a 20-yard shot from a corner clearance which took a horrible deflection and ended up beating Cech) and Aguero the third. Dzeko as a DLF/A looks to be working a treat already as he linked up with Aguero and Silva countless times. Silva, incidentally, is class. He set up Dzeko and Aguero's goals. Aguero and Silva combined to set Dzeko through and Dzeko and Silva combined (Dzeko nodding down to Silva, to play through Aguero) for Aguero's goal.

Things are looking great already.

• 2 weeks later...

Familiar pattern with Mario - he goes ok for a while, then inevitably gets a red card, then you are faced with giving him a warning and he sulks, or not and the rest of the team gets unhappy. Almost impossible to keep him long enough to reach potential, and always has you worried.

Only sell Tevez for a good replacement, NOT to keep Mario :)

Felliani seems to come up Jan year one, and is first choice in my midfield beside yaya.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived