Bigger player pic, club logo in background AND attribute analyser polygon (player profile)

a31632

Yes, it is possible!

You can have a (much) bigger player picture with the club badge/logo in the background AND the attribute analyser polygon all in your player profile attributes screen.

See screenshots "before" and "after" modification of the file "player profile personal details.xml" which is usually in the "panels" folder of your skin.

cl201211playerprofilepe.jpg

cl201212editedplayerpro.jpg

If you run the game in a low(er) resolution the player picture will probably be too big after the modification, in that case either edit the player picture size in the attached xml file or simply delete this modification.

Download link: File name: player profile personal details.xml File size: 11.16 KB

I like it well done.

Could you do this for the Profile page like you've done for the Attributes page for the player as well please?

No problem at all.

I played around with this a bit as I didn't want to change the lay-out of the rest of the page.

I edited the file to get the picture of the player at the same size as on the attributes page which is in the file "player profile personal details.xml".

As the players position is originally located at the bottom of the player profile, and due to the huge increase in the pictures size this would have "fallen off" I moved that over to the top right of the window (under the player's age and DOB).

Not the ideal solution but I think it's ok.

I also added a team logo/badge just like in the other screen.

I only tested the look of this in my own playing resolution which is very high (1920x1200) so it is possible just like the previous post that the size of the picture nees to be edited to fit correctly if you use a low(er) resolution. Just increase/decrease the value ""240" in <container priority="1" default_height="240"> in the xml to resize the picture.

Like before I will show you with a "before" (with the default xml) and "after" with the modified xml what the result will be:

cl201213originalplayerp.jpg

cl201214editedplayerper.jpg

If you like it just download the edited xml here:

DOWNLOAD LINK: File name: player personal details panel.xml File size: 14.59 KB

Cheers!

No problem at all.

I played around with this a bit as I didn't want to change the lay-out of the rest of the page.

I edited the file to get the picture of the player at the same size as on the attributes page which is in the file "player profile personal details.xml".

As the players position is originally located at the bottom of the player profile, and due to the huge increase in the pictures size this would have "fallen off" I moved that over to the top right of the window (under the player's age and DOB).

I only tested the look of this in my own playing resolution which is very high (1920x1200) so it is possible just like the previous post that the size of the picture nees to be edited to fit correctly if you use a low(er) resolution. Just increase/decrease the value ""240" in <container priority="1" default_height="240"> in the xml to resize the picture.

Like before I will show you with a "before" (with the default xml) and "after" with the modified xml what the result will be:

cl201213originalplayerp.jpg

cl201214editedplayerper.jpg

Cheers!

Fantastic a31632 brilliant job.

I really appreciate your efforts there, thanks.

No problem at all.

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/cl201213originalplayerp.jpg/][img=http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/1707/cl201213originalplayerp.jpg][/url]

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/cl201214editedplayerper.jpg/][img=http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6923/cl201214editedplayerper.jpg][/url]

Cheers!

Looks awesome. Would you be able to somehow fit the analyzer polygon into the profile page (the original one), instead of having a bigger picture and the club logo. I keep having to switch screens to take a look at it. Thanks again

Hi Rowan,

thanks for asking, I didn't try the modifications in other skins before (I'm using my own "Champions League 2012" skin which is a conversion of Tom Dixon's Steklo X1 skin for FM 2011).

So decided to see if it would be a skin related issue. See screenshots of "Flex 12", "fmf vitreous 2012", "fm2012 scorpio skin" and "OPZ Beam skin" with the modified xml files installed.

Although there are some very slight issues where the position of text and pic might need a little adjustment it is all working correctly, so it is definitely not a skin related in your case.

compatibilitywithothers.th.jpg

Maybe your resolution is giving you problems (I tested this in my native resolution of 1920x1200) and got feedback from other users that they had they make some minor adjustments to have it look proper when run in lower resolutions.

Other issue could be if you have other mods installed that might interfere with this one. I have no other graphical stuff loaded except the logo and facepacks.

Let me know which resolution you use and send me a few screenshots and I might be able to help with a solution, ok?

Thanks Rowan,

Bit weird. A game & mac restart fixed the problem, thanks mate.

Quick question, which lines do I need to change them back to 180 (as the cutouts were only ever designed that sized and I' not 100% keen on the subsequent blur) I am very keen on the ogos being visible though, hence using the great mod :)

Thanks

Bit weird. A game & mac restart fixed the problem, thanks mate.

Quick question, which lines do I need to change them back to 180 (as the cutouts were only ever designed that sized and I' not 100% keen on the subsequent blur) I am very keen on the ogos being visible though, hence using the great mod :)

Thanks

I did that already for you Rowan, no worries.

I appreciate your big contribution on the cut-out facepacks and always update mine, so this was the least I could do in return ;-)

I have added screenshots so you can see how it looks with player pictures at 180x180 and I relocated the logo in the background so it matches up with the newly sized pic.

In case you need to move the logo in the background at the player attributes page, just change the value "offset = -180" in the file "player profile personal details.xml".

("-200" will move the logo more to the left, "-150" will move it to the right as an example). You can use any value you like of course.

In my resolution this setting is the best but just adjust it if you feel it is needed.

<!-- Logo and Picture Container -->

<widget class="group_box" row="0" col="0" column_span="5" row_span="18">

<!-- Club Logo -->

<widget class="picture" id="pict" transparency="0.3" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="180" width="180" image_alignment="centre">

<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="horizontal" offset="-180" priority="1"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" priority="1"/>

cl201217editedplayerper.jpg

cl201218editedplayerpro.jpg

You can download the adjusted xml's here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?pnooddpqwdw58f2

Cheers, hope this works good for you, otherwise just let me know Rowan!

I noticed that in some skins the 2nd row of text in the attributes player panel, under the "analyser polygon" showing "age", "value etc. is almost "falling off" and have modified part of the file "player profile personal details.xml" to get the two rows closer together and prevent any graphical issues with this.

As usual I will give a "before" and "after" pic to give you an idea of the mod's effect:

cl201219playerprofilepe.jpg

cl201221playerprofilepe.jpg

If you prefer this change simply copy the following part of the "player profile personal details.xml" which is in the "panels" folder of your skin into your own xml and overwrite this part of the same section with this.

(I am not posting an edited xml file as everyone has their own preference on how big the player pic should be, where the logo is situated etc. Furthermore, you might have edited the file already to have it look better in your own resolution, so I thought it better to just give you the changed code so you can edit your own file accordingly). Only overwrite the section above "WITHOUT PORTRAIT", haven't edited the "without"section.

The changed code:

<!-- Nationality -->

<widget class="nation_button" id="pfna" col="3" row="10" column_span="2" icon_alignment="left,can_scale" dspf="1" style="semi_bold"/>

<!-- International Appearances -->

<widget class="international_appearances_label" id="pfcg" col="3" row="11" column_span="2" size="7"/>

<!-- Age -->

<widget class="label" id="pfag" col="2" row="10" column_span="2" style="semi_bold"/>

<!-- Date Of Birth -->

<widget class="label" id="pdob" col="2" row="11" column_span="2" size="7" />

<!-- Height -->

<widget class="height_label" id="phei" col="3" row="12" column_span="2" style="semi_bold"/>

<!-- Weight -->

<widget class="weight_label" id="pwei" col="3" row="13" column_span="2" size="7" />

<!-- Preferred Foot -->

<widget class="label" id="pfot" col="2" row="12" column_span="2" style="semi_bold"/>

<!-- Preferred Foot Label -->

<widget class="label" id="text" text="Preferred Foot" col="2" row="13" column_span="2" size="7" />

<!-- Wage -->

<widget class="label" id="wagw" col="3" row="14" column_span="2" style="semi_bold"/>

<!-- Contract Expiry -->

<widget class="label" id="pexp" col="3" row="15" column_span="2" size="7" />

<!-- Value -->

<widget class="value_label" id="pval" col="2" row="14" column_span="2" style="semi_bold"/>

<!-- Value Label -->

<widget class="label" id="text" text="Estimated Value[COMMENT: player profile; value label]" col="2" row="15" column_span="2" size="7" />

<!--Extra Info -->

<widget class="text" id="pinf" spec="text" col="0" row="16" column_span="4" alignment="centre_x,centre_y" style="semi_bold" colour="profile extra text"/>

</widget>

This should be better now, with the adjustments I posted last than the original for sure. You might have to make some small adjustments with the position of the background logo and maybe reduce the size of the player picture if in lower resolution.

You can do this by editing the xml file, you can use "notepad" in Windows for this.

I only tested the look of this in my own playing resolution which is very high (1920x1200) so it is possible just like I mentioned earlier that the size of the picture nees to be edited to fit correctly if you use a low(er) resolution.

<!-- Club Logo -->

<widget class="picture" id="pict" transparency="0.3" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="180" width="180" image_alignment="centre">

<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="horizontal" offset="-120" priority="1"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" priority="1"/>

To move the logo left or right, whichever is needed or preferred, change the value "-120". (For example: -140 will move the logo to the left more)

Size of the logo can be changed by changing the "180" values.

<!-- Picture Container -->

<!-- Player Picture -->

<widget class="picture" id="ppic" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="310" width="250" image_alignment="centre">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="-8"/>

When you adjust value "250" in here the picture will get bigger or smaller. If in lower resolution it is probably better to change it to "200" or maybe even "180".

All depends on how big you want it to be.

Good luck, let me know if this worked for you, ok?

Hi, sorry to pester you again, having a slight problem with the 180 version on the main player overview screen...:

O6Hpi.png

As you can see it lost some vital pixels from the top & bottom of the player pic. Any idea which line I should be changing and what I should be changing it to? I'm not entirely comfortable messing about with the XML code, so you'll need to be clear ;)

Hi Rowan,

it was an easy fix, no problem at all.

I also fixed the players attribute page, as you (or may not) have noticed the two colums with the nation, wage etc were changed after I moved them over closer together.

(compare the screenshots I made after yours and you will notice for example the "nation flag" being on the left side where with the original 180 mod they were on the right side.

When players where away "on loan" there would be a "scrollbar" this is also fixed in the new download.

cl201223playerpersonald.jpg

I decided to upload the fixed xml's for you, so you don't need to edit anything.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mpmc9dzsozcd49i

Thanks for your feedback, I didn't notice these details!

I haven't posted any mods in here...I don't understand what you are asking...? I had setup a 180x180 mod thread ages ago and with your kind permission I'd like to edit that to point to your new 180 one if ok? I guess that's what you mean?

No sorry, I should have quoted that post, it was the one that was posted after yours, but after I made that comment he must have deleted the post because it's not there anymore ;-) He made his own mod and posted a downloadlink in here which I think is not clever as it causes confusion.

And yes, you are right, you had mods etc way before I started playing around with those, so no worries at all!

Feel free to edit and use my mod however you feel needed, I'm a big fan of your work on the cut-out faces projects and have no problem that you edit and post the edited version with the facepack threads.

is it possible to add the attribute analyzer in the profile page? i cant use the profile page in the game because i rely a lot on the attribute analyzer, and i had to change to the attributes page to be the main page to avoid having to click all the time on the attributes tab

is it possible to add it in that blank space:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/329/atrib1.png

or even anywhere else in the profile page?

is it possible to add the attribute analyzer in the profile page? i cant use the profile page in the game because i rely a lot on the attribute analyzer, and i had to change to the attributes page to be the main page to avoid having to click all the time on the attributes tab

is it possible to add it in that blank space:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/329/atrib1.png

or even anywhere else in the profile page?

It is possible for sure, but I'm not sure if there is a quick way of doing this.

As I personally don't use the "analyser polygon" this is however not high on my priority list.

I will have a look at this within the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
thx great work , if i want to club logo to be lighter in color , which line should i edit ?

Also is it possible to made the player pic and club logo in the inbox screen to show up in 180 X 180 ?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. During the holidays I didn't have so much time for this ;-)

Yes, you can change the transparency of the logo so it becomes more clear or more faded if that is what you mean.

You can change it in both player screens ("player profile personal details.xml" and "player personal details panel.xml") which are both in the "panels" folder of your skin.

Just edit the line under <!-- Club Logo -->:

<widget class="picture" id="pict" transparency="0.3" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="130" width="130" image_alignment="centre">

The value 0.3 in this case indicates how much "transparent" the logo should be.

In the examples below I changed it to 0.1 and 0.6 just to show you the big differences. You can change it to any value you like of course.

Do this in both xml files and you have it changed to your own personal liking, I prefer to keep it at 0.3 or 0.4 but it's up to you.

At 0.1 it looks like this (you will hardly see the logo)

cl20122612playerprofile.jpg

at 0.6 it is much brighter:

I haven't looked at the player pic and logo in the inbox screen, like I said I haven't been online much, will do that in the next few days and see if that is an easy thing to do.

Cheers

Hi, sorry for the late reply. During the holidays I didn't have so much time for this ;-)

Yes, you can change the transparency of the logo so it becomes more clear or more faded if that is what you mean.

You can change it in both player screens ("player profile personal details.xml" and "player personal details panel.xml") which are both in the "panels" folder of your skin.

Just edit the line under <!-- Club Logo -->:

<widget class="picture" id="pict" transparency="0.3" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="130" width="130" image_alignment="centre">

The value 0.3 in this case indicates how much "transparent" the logo should be.

In the examples below I changed it to 0.1 and 0.6 just to show you the big differences. You can change it to any value you like of course.

Do this in both xml files and you have it changed to your own personal liking, I prefer to keep it at 0.3 or 0.4 but it's up to you.

At 0.1 it looks like this (you will hardly see the logo)

at 0.6 it is much brighter:

I haven't looked at the player pic and logo in the inbox screen, like I said I haven't been online much, will do that in the next few days and see if that is an easy thing to do.

Cheers

thx for the help .when i try to move the logo behind the player , i find the logo appear on the player face too , how to solve this problem ? when have time do look into the inbox bigger pic 180 x 180 , and happy new year :)

untitled-2.jpg

I like of adding the pitch postion to attributes page. However for resolutions 1920x1080, I think there as space to make the pitch instead of horizontal position, to make it a vertical and decrease width size of both information (injury, fitness information tab and so on) and statistics tab. This would free some space for Personal details and player picture.

thx for the help .when i try to move the logo behind the player , i find the logo appear on the player face too , how to solve this problem ? when have time do look into the inbox bigger pic 180 x 180 , and happy new year :)

The logo issue is easy to fix, I changed that after releasing the mod and haven't updated that, sorry.

You will have to edit the file "player personal details panel.xml" for that. The issue is that in your file it loads first the player picture and after that the logo, so the logo is overlaying the picture.

So........ the easy fix is to cut the logo info (the section: <!-- Club Logo --> until the </widget>) and paste it just above "<!-- profile picture -->".

No other editing is needed, just move that section above the profile picture section and save it. When you reload the skin with "skin cache" unticked it will show you the logo BEHIND the player picture instead of through it.

See this image for the result:

cl20122712playerprofile.jpg

As you probably noticed I have also increased the size of the box, so now all information fits properly UNDER the bigger picture as well.

I have also created a mod for bigger logo's/player pictures in the inbox news and bigger "non-player profile pics (also with the logo behind) , see attached images:

cl20122912biggerinboxpa.jpg

cl20122812nonplayerprof.jpg

I am currently working on post-match/pre-match screen adjustments (also with bigger logo's and player pictures) and some other graphical updates and will post a seperate thread with all these mods to keep it more organized.

The logo issue is easy to fix, I changed that after releasing the mod and haven't updated that, sorry.

You will have to edit the file "player personal details panel.xml" for that. The issue is that in your file it loads first the player picture and after that the logo, so the logo is overlaying the picture.

So........ the easy fix is to cut the logo info (the section: <!-- Club Logo --> until the </widget>) and paste it just above "<!-- profile picture -->".

No other editing is needed, just move that section above the profile picture section and save it. When you reload the skin with "skin cache" unticked it will show you the logo BEHIND the player picture instead of through it.

See this image for the result:

cl20122712playerprofile.jpg

As you probably noticed I have also increased the size of the box, so now all information fits properly UNDER the bigger picture as well.

I have also created a mod for bigger logo's/player pictures in the inbox news and bigger "non-player profile pics (also with the logo behind) , see attached images:

cl20122912biggerinboxpa.jpg

cl20122812nonplayerprof.jpg

I am currently working on post-match/pre-match screen adjustments (also with bigger logo's and player pictures) and some other graphical updates and will post a seperate thread with all these mods to keep it more organized.

thx for your help , will be waiting for your inbox tweak :)

You can download the link in post #5 for now and edit this file as I indicated in my last post (#38).

My latest edit to the "player personal details.xml" screen where I enlarged the box that contains the personal information for the player needed an additional xml file edited and added to your skin\panels folder ("player profile.xml"). I am working on 4-5 screens that will have modificatons to it in addition and instead of posting all seperate links in this thread (and answering everybody's questions on how to adjust etc.) I thought it better to wait until I have it all done, give detailed descriptions on how to personalize these mods (also depending on everybody's screen resolutions as well, as I have perfected it all for mine which is 1920x1200), and release all 4 or 5 new mods in a new seperate thread. I expect it will be done in a week or so, including all mods and the extensive write up of instructions and "FAQs". So sorry for that you just have to stay patient for now ;-).

But the fix for the logo is working with the "old" xml as well, so give that a try now.

any help would be deeply appreciated!

thanks in advance!

I'm sorry but you will have to clarify exactly which information you would like on which exact screens.

If I understand you correctly you want the match rating (overall and from last 5 games) on the "profile" and "attributes" screens?

I'm not sure in which resolution you play but that information is already on both these screens, in case you don't see it because of your resolution. For example on the "player profile screen" you will have to click on one of the little widgets just above the boxes in your screen. It will generate a pull down where you can select which information you would like to see in this case "form".

It will show you the players last 5 match ratings and to the right the "overall rating".

If this is not what you are looking for, please provide me with the exact names of the screen (or screenshots) and the exact information you want.

Cheers

Would it be possible to get the national team logo/badge of the player on the right hand side of the players face?!

I presume you can just duplicate the text for the logo in the .xml and rename the pic from team logo to national team logo?!?!

I tried this as it looks like the logical thing to do but it doesn't work that way

Currently making the last changes on some new screen adjustments and also busy with creating new logos (and all that while playing the game as well, and work for that matter ...)

So not so much time and energy left to go into depth in individual requests and things like that.

If you get it to work yourself let me know how you did this!

Hi Rowan,

it was an easy fix, no problem at all.

I also fixed the players attribute page, as you (or may not) have noticed the two colums with the nation, wage etc were changed after I moved them over closer together.

(compare the screenshots I made after yours and you will notice for example the "nation flag" being on the left side where with the original 180 mod they were on the right side.

When players where away "on loan" there would be a "scrollbar" this is also fixed in the new download.

cl201223playerpersonald.jpg

I decided to upload the fixed xml's for you, so you don't need to edit anything.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mpmc9dzsozcd49i

Thanks for your feedback, I didn't notice these details!

that 1 works thank you

I tried this as it looks like the logical thing to do but it doesn't work that way

Currently making the last changes on some new screen adjustments and also busy with creating new logos (and all that while playing the game as well, and work for that matter ...)

So not so much time and energy left to go into depth in individual requests and things like that.

If you get it to work yourself let me know how you did this!

Ha, I was relying on you!!

I can get the two club badges in no problem. It's changing the badge from club to International that seems tricky. I think it's either the code mnpc under 'get_property='mnpc' (changing that code might do it?!) or it could be the id="pict" from the first line.

Don't suppose you havea list of what the mnpc code is and what other codes are?!!?

Ha, I was relying on you!!

I can get the two club badges in no problem. It's changing the badge from club to International that seems tricky. I think it's either the code mnpc under 'get_property='mnpc' (changing that code might do it?!) or it could be the id="pict" from the first line.

Don't suppose you havea list of what the mnpc code is and what other codes are?!!?

The id="pict" seems to be the one to change I guess. For the nation flags there are different id's, for the smaller ones it is always "pnat" or "natp" and for the bigger ones (which I suggest you use) it is "flags".

I tried to change the value in id="pict" to either of these values but it doesn't change anything and if you copy the additional info for example with "id="flags" over the existing info on the logo it will make the whole box go blank.

As I said I get daily requests for these kind of things, a little change here, a little change there and even "can you create a view like this" with a mock up screen shot.....

So no offence but I have to work, play FM 2012, spend time with my family and do some editing on FM 2012 (priorities not always in this order ;-)), so I just can't follow up on every question or request I get.

Usually when I think it would be a good change for me as well is when I dive a bit deeper in it.

In a few days I will release a lot of graphical updates to FM 2012, most of the time better organised screens (specially on higher resolutions) with bigger logo's and player pics as well.

Currently also working on a custom scoreboard in the full match view (but that won't be done this week by the looks of it) and custom logo's so plenty to do.

Cheers

I tried myself to change the look of the Attributes Page and experimented with the Player Panels.

I wanted to see if I can insert the

-Best Position

-Squad Number

-Player Name

-Team Name

but I never succeded in anything of these.

Here's how I tried to insert in the player profile personal details and place these informations beneath the player informations under the picture

<!-- Best Position -->

<widget class="position_label" id="bpos" col="1" row="10" column_span="2" size="7"/>

<!-- Squad Number -->

<widget class="squad_number_label" id="SqNu" col="3" row="9" column_span="2" style="semi_bold"/>

What wrong with it? How should it be?

Thanks

Archived