[REL] Visual Attributes

DeadPanda

Visual Attributes11

I’ve seen a few ways to not show attributes at all – skins and panels doing the job well - and a lot of talk about visual attributes. However, I wanted to still show attributes, but not to the extent where it was obvious what value the attribute was – giving way to more reliance upon scouts and watching the player.

This utilises three panels and a new font (changing attribute colours can help to achieve different results) to achieve this result – it’s quite simple and I must thank Bondarev for showing me a couple of bits. The font I made myself and shows solid blocks for numbers, so will look like this:

79156207.jpg

Essentially, using the original settings, the current system will use four colours, showing the weak, ok, strong and excellent values but show no numbers.

I have not included an alternate colour scheme or anything but it is easy to change and there are loads of guides out there for it, for example, this one. Basically, you can come up with something where there are just two colours, one for values up to 9 and one for values up to twenty, showing something like this:

30456116.jpg

This may be too extreme, so I left that as choice.

So, if you want this, download the following and move the three panels in to the panel folder and the font in to the font folder of whichever skin you are using.

Download Me

Just wanted to say, I love this!

A great balance between having full attributes and nothing, makes the game much harder but nowhere near as impossible as it is if you hide the attributes fully.

Thanks.

Exactly what I was going for - something in the middle for those who want a tougher game. Glad you like it :thup:

See the 'player attributes panel' and find the code at the top that says:

<!-- attribute colouring -->
 <integer id="exca" value="16" />  <!-- excellent threshold -->
 <integer id="excn" value="11" />  <!-- normal threshold -->
 <integer id="excl" value="6" />  <!-- low threshold -->

Then you can chance the threshold values. At present, it shows the values 0-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20.

Inside the settings xml, you have this which allows you to change the colours:

<!-- profile attribute colours -->
	<colour name="low attribute" red="40" green="40" blue="40" alpha="140"/>
	<colour name="normal attribute" red="40" green="40" blue="40" alpha="200"/>
	<colour name="good attribute" red="40" green="40" blue="120" />
	<colour name="excellent attribute" red="0" green="0" blue="255" />

For a two colour system:

Player Attributes Panel

<!-- attribute colouring -->
 <integer id="exca" value="16" />  <!-- excellent threshold -->
 <integer id="excn" value="10" />  <!-- normal threshold -->
 <integer id="excl" value="6" />  <!-- low threshold -->

The threshold values shows the values 0-5, 6-9, 10-15, 16-20. Only a slight change but all thats needed for a two colour system without doing much.

Settings

<!-- profile attribute colours -->
	<colour name="low attribute" red="40" green="40" blue="40"/>
	<colour name="normal attribute" red="40" green="40" blue="40"/>
	<colour name="good attribute" red="0" green="200" blue="20" />
	<colour name="excellent attribute" red="0" green="200" blue="20" />

Guest aaron70

Actually I found what I needed to do in the skins setting files :)

Actually will stick with no attributes visible...feel more comfortable with that.

There are 3 attribute panels. I do not have one just called player attributes. The 3 panels have nothing like the above?

It's a different panel to the three downloaded and can be found if you extract the panel (or it is often found in many skins).

Great stuff but could be improved on:

Attributes are still visible if you go to the squad screen and select Views>Attributes and also on the player search screen.

Staff members still have visible attributes

I know it's not much but I think it would be great if you could release an update for what is a great mod for FM.

Great stuff but could be improved on:

Attributes are still visible if you go to the squad screen and select Views>Attributes and also on the player search screen.

Staff members still have visible attributes

I know it's not much but I think it would be great if you could release an update for what is a great mod for FM.

Indeed, this is all true but then I guess the best way would be not to have the player attributes as the chosen view when on the squad screen or when doing something like player search. This is based on a font that the player profile attributes relate to, but to change the font that the player search relates to would mean a lot of other text would be changed and unable to be read. There are some good custom panels out there that that give some good information on the squad views, whether that helps in any way I dont know: ie http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238119-Squad-Management-%28An-Easier-Way%29-FM11

The staff members attributes though Im sure would be just as easily done as the players so I will have a look into that too.

Hello, just to get in queue of admirers.

It is real pleasure and it feels much more natural playing the game with this blurry attributes.

Unfortunatelly i dont have the print screen but i have changed the original one a bit.

First I made a change to attribute treshold so colors now show 17-20 (excellent) 13-16 (very good) 9-12 (average) 1-8 (low)

I have also changed the coloring:

17-20 excellent

13-16 good

9-12 average

1-8 low

This way it is much more visible and easy to read at glance.For me at least, but I have one more question.

Is it possible (and how as I believe it is) to change the "font" you used so I get only half bar for all attributes or, even better, just a simple circle with color to tell me what is the range of the attribute for player?

This is not just cosmetic ( ball is better than woodwork i guess), but it also helps to see attribute changes at the same time which is not possible at the moment with the long bars.

Thanks

The problem is because it is a font, each number is assigned a square - hence the squares seen in game. So as soon as figures hit double, it will become two squares.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say thank you, and I hope you keep working on this in future editions. Really is a shame that SI don't think about expanding the idea of graphical attributes throughout the whole game using a 4 colour system such as (Red 1-5, Orange 6-10, Blue 11-15, Green 16-20). As stated above these could be simple square blocks, circles, or even footballs.

It's a different panel to the three downloaded and can be found if you extract the panel (or it is often found in many skins).

Okay...can this be explained a little better. I can't seem to find what panel changes the attribute threshold. I do not have a panel called "player attribute". I found where I can change colors but not the threshold.

• 4 weeks later...

First off, this is an excellent idea and Its unbelievable to think that SI havn't even added the option of this being in the game.

Secondly there are a couple of improvements which would perfect it. In the player comparison screen it still shows normal player attributes, would be good if this could be ammended and also if this could be done for staff attributes too.

I have adjusted them slightly and now non players have these attributes. I have adjusted the values that each bar is worth. 1-6 is now 1 bar light grey, 7-9 is 1 bar dark grey, 10-13 is two bar dark grey, 14-17 is two bar dark blue and 18-20 is 2 bar light blue. I think these give a bit more variety to the better players than originally but still doesn't give too much away. However, For some reason I cant change the threshold values for non players and they remain default.

messibe.png

moyes.png

edwardsez.png

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Could some one please upload the files again?

I would love to tinker a bit with them to try an idea.

I know it has been a while since you posted, but I was looking for these myself...

Another site where the files were uploaded: http://www.centrumfm.org/plik-675,Visual_Attributes_FM2012.html (click the 4Shared link under Download File)

Thanks so much for making these files, DeadPanda. :-) Used them for FM11 and 12 and I wouldn't want to go back to 1 - 20.

• 7 months later...

Any ideas whether something like this will be made for FM14? Alternatively would the old files still work?

Think I'm gonna play the game with reduced information on attributes available, though I'd also like to find a way to hide all info from scout reports that relates to potential ability (including stars and descriptions such as "Could be a top Premier League Player")

As far as I can see nothing much has changed from the default skin there?

You can remove the attributes panel on the profile page of the default skin and you seem to be able to do the same in ArtDekDok's skin too, but it doesn't replace the attributes with graphics....

ArtDekDok made the panel that hides the attribute panel and replaces it with polygon. once placed in your skin panels you are good to go.
I found a thread about replacing the attribute panel with a polygon, in which ArtDekDok contributes with some instructions. Unfortunately I don't know how to use the resource archiver so can't follow them. Is there somewhere I can find the panel you speak of?

sure you can, he actually made the panel and pasted it in that very thread. just take a better look.
Ah right is it the google docs file? I tried to download that but wasn't sure what program to open that file extension with. I managed to extract the files via the resource archiver and followed the instructions to get the polygon in place of the visual attributes. Cheers.

I found a thread about replacing the attribute panel with a polygon, in which ArtDekDok contributes with some instructions. Unfortunately I don't know how to use the resource archiver so can't follow them. Is there somewhere I can find the panel you speak of?

Since a few people have asked me for these again I've remade the 'fog of war' mods for FM14 if you want to try them....

There's two files:

#1 Full Attribute Masking

#2 Hide PA & CA Stars

http://footballvideogames.weebly.com/fm14-mod-downloads.html

I haven't fully tested them so consider them a beta version for now :)

Since a few people have asked me for these again I've remade the 'fog of war' mods for FM14 if you want to try them....

There's two files:

#1 Full Attribute Masking

#2 Hide PA & CA Stars

http://footballvideogames.weebly.com/fm14-mod-downloads.html

I haven't fully tested them so consider them a beta version for now :)

I'm a bit confused. In the Hide PA&CA Stars-Readme it says that it is full attribute masking, also my skin (black skin fromt he workshop) doesn't have any panels-section to put the files into.

Edit: Just found the issue, you seem to have mixed up the download links. The link for #2 is at the #1 Download button and the link for #1 is at the #2 download button

How in the name of God i didnt know about this thread? This is what i want for... donno .. 10 years? :) I can see its old thread, does anyone have this skin for FM14 to send me? I like version what MBarbaric have... with 4 colours? and that Popup Attributes to hide, sixsecondsleft put that. Is it working for FM14?

And when players attribute goes from lets say 12 to 13, does attribute change its colour?

I'm a bit confused. In the Hide PA&CA Stars-Readme it says that it is full attribute masking, also my skin (black skin fromt he workshop) doesn't have any panels-section to put the files into.

Edit: Just found the issue, you seem to have mixed up the download links. The link for #2 is at the #1 Download button and the link for #1 is at the #2 download button

Ah well spotted :D.

I'll fix that asap, cheers!

• 9 months later...

Archived