Greatest Achievement with the team you support?

Hi people,

I have just finished season 2016-17, with my all time highest finish (with the team i support Reading FC)

We came 4th in the Premiership, got to the semis of the Euro Cup, Won the Carling Cup (beating Tottenham 5-0) and the F.A. cup (Beating Manchester City 5-0).

After finishing the season i thought i'd come and tell the community about it and ask what is you greatest achievement with the club you support?

I'm a Liverpool fan, so perhaps any achievement I have isn't as good as ones with lesser clubs, but I on FM2010, between 2021-2029, won the league 8 times in a row, and most other cups 5-6 times in that period before leaving at the end of my contract as a legend. Have since returned to the club over a decade later, in 2041 to bring the glory days back(they won the league 2-3 seasons in a row after I left, till my Spurs team stopped them and began to dominate themselves!)

season 2022 Week before the season ended I got the Blackburn job, they were 18th with one game left. We won that game and stayed up. I then won 3 premierships in 4 seasons, a few champions leagues and world club cups before resigning.

andyrich that is just terrible i would've won prem by then. it's not that hard sign neymar and paulo henrique first season of prem on monthly installments and get like hargreaves etc. on team and ur already guaranteed a mid table finish...furthermore that is a terrible effort.

andyrich that is just terrible i would've won prem by then. it's not that hard sign neymar and paulo henrique first season of prem on monthly installments and get like hargreaves etc. on team and ur already guaranteed a mid table finish...furthermore that is a terrible effort.

spot on, seems pretty average, add to that how cheap you can get sanogo and lukaku

spot on' date=' seems pretty average, add to that how cheap you can get sanogo and lukaku[/quote']

too true, you can develop a team first season in prem whilst staying up and then going on to be the best team in the world, to add to that adler on a free 2nd season in prem and robben on a free third season.

so lets face, andyrich, the irony in your name is outstanding cause i would suggest that reading's finances would be poor at best in your game considering the league positions

Well my Chelsea achievements are fairly standard, a few Champions Leagues and Premierships etc. I am going for 5 League Cups in a row so I guess that's an achievement.

On FM10 my Chelmsford City save was great (they're my second team), eventually won the Champions League in something like 2026, so I'd say that's probably my biggest ever achievement.

Its not bad considering I have tried to minimise the signing of regens. I could have won it if I signed tons of amazing regens, but I manage a certain way. I also like to keep the club afloat without destroying their finances. You can't say its terrible, and if you do, you're just wrong. Taking any team from championship level to the prem and then to the champions league is a good acheivement. Obviously I could have done better on a different occasion, and some people maybe could have done it better that me, but if you think its a terrible acheivement. You are wrong.

Serious posts are appriciated :)

I'd have to say winning the Champions League in 2021 with Dutch side Willem II, which start off the game as relegation candidate #1. From 2011 to 2018, I tried with an all-Dutch team. The Netherlands had a bit of a crappy generation in that period, in my game, so I decided to get a few (4) foreign players in. All 4 of them grew worldclass players in a few years and got me the treble that year :) Currently in 2025, been dominating the Eredivisie with 11 consecutive league titles :)

I got a new stadium the year after the CL win, it kinda sucked how they just called it "Willem II stadium", should've called it after me damnit! ;)

on FM2010 i managed to win the premier league with Spurs in the first season, then 2 seasons of mid table ob-security and then won the league again, sadly rejected a contract early on in the season and they decided not to keep me on, good to end on a high though i guess.

The best I have ever done on FM is win the FA Cup with Leeds United, with their squad on the 2003-4 version. Last time I got to the Prem, I was sacked in my first season when we were 14th, despite being seven points from Europe and having only a few million to spend. This was in FM2010.

It was a shame as I had been promoted from League One and most of the squad had me as a favoured person.

Grimsby! :o

My mate (also an FM god) has got aldershot into the premiership and currently hanging around 3rd - 5th in his first season.

He has had consecutive promotions each year and is currently 4th. And yes, his whole team is regens. every single player. lol

I won the Europa League with Beira-Mar (the team I support in RL) in 2022 and the Champions League in 2023, and left immediately after the CL win (a la Mourinho!).

I won the Portuguese league three years on the trot as well in 2021, 2022 and 2023.

They seem to be doing well without me three years after I left in 2026 so I'm happy. Still Portuguese champions and although they haven't won anything else in Europe they got to the CL final again in 2025.

I'm now managing Slavia Sofia in Bulgaria and still trying to win my first title, although I won the Bulgarian Cup in 2024 (my first season at the club). I moved to Sofia in RL two years ago and Slavia are my "adopted" team.

These are my best achievements in any FM so far by the way. Only my exploits in CM01/02 come close.

Archived