FM2011 - Expanded Fantasy A-League (Australia)

davidbowie

aleague.jpg

Current Version: v1.00

Release Link:

Expanded A-League v1.00 (Filefront)

Expanded A-League v1.00 (MediaFire)

Expanded Fantasy A-League by: davidbowie (aka mack)

SI Forum Link: http://bit.ly/9Q0ryQ

Installation: Copy the xml file over to the 'editor data' folder in My Document/User folder (depending on version), start new game and use editor data.

This project is a stand-alone, expanded "fantasy" Australian League.

The league structure is quite relatively simple.

4 tiers, each tier is 18 teams, a straight home/away League Format (with no championship playoff for the first tier) with 3 relegation positions. Promotion will be 2 automatic spots, with the final spot given to the winner of a 4-team play-off.

There is no salary cap, foreign player limits or maximum squad sizes.

Tier 1: Australian Premier League:

Comprised of the existing A-League Teams Adelaide, Brisbane Roar, Central Coast, Gold Coast, Melbourne Heart, Melbourne Victory, Newcastle, North Qld, Perth Glory, Sydney FC, Wellington and 7 new teams, Brisbane Northside, Canberra Athletic, Geelong Petroleum, Hobart Forest, Port River Adelaide, Sydney Rovers, Wollongong Steelworks.

Tier 2: Australian Second Division:

AFC Christchurch, Albury-Wodonga, Alice Springs, Ballarat Rebellion, Brisbane Sporting Club, Casey City, Coffs Harbour, Darwin Wanderers, Goulburn FC, Hills Shire FC, HMAS Cairns FC, Launceston Hydroelectric, Liverpool AFC, Mandurah Estuary, Penrith FC, Perth Albion, Sutherland AFC, Wagga Wagga Rangers.

Tier 3: Australian Third Division:

Comprised of existing State League Teams, Bankstown, Belconnen, Blacktown, Bundaberg, Capricorn, Cumberland, Floreat Athena, Green Gully, Manly, Marconi, Melbourne Knights, Oakleigh, Para Hills, Richmond, Rochdale, Sorrento, South Melbourne, Whitsunday.

Tier 4: Australian Fourth Division:

Comprised of existing State League Teams, Adelaide City, AIS, Altona, Armadale, Bentleigh, Devonport, ECU Joondalup, Galaxy, Hume City, Mt Gravatt, MetroStars, Rockdale, Sunshine Coast, Sydney Olympic, Sydney United, West Sydney Berries, Western Strikers, Whittlesea.

Tier 5 is an inactive league composed of 35 other State-League teams, which promote into the playable 4th tier to replace the three relegated teams in Tier 4.

Cup Competitions:

Football Federation Cup: Australia wide knock-out cup comprised of 188 teams, in a straight knock-out format. The competition begins midway through the season, and the Cup Final is the glittering final fixture in each season.

Australian League Cup: An elite knock-out competition comprised of teams in the Australian Premier League and Australian Second Division.

Australian League Trophy: A sister competition to the League Cup, this competition is for the Third and Fourth Division Teams to battle each other in a straight knock out. Both League Cup and Trophy start and end early on the season.

Australian Charity Shield: The season kicks off with a "Super Cup" between the winner of the Australian Premier League and FFA Cup.

Asian Champions League positions are given to the winner of the FFA Cup, and to the Australian Premier League Champion.

There are approximately 6,000 changes in this database, 57 new awards, 25 new clubs, 17 new stadiums 8 playable competitions and a host of additions and changes to make the expanded league feel more real. Australia as a nation has received some slight modifications, as well as an overhaul nation team stadium usage.

For FM Fan Sites wanting to host and/or megapack collated files.

I have no problem with other sites hosting the file, as long as:

* I am credited under my SI forum name (davidbowie).

* A link to this forum topic is placed along with the credit.

* I would appreciate being PM'ed to inform me that it has been hosted, along with the link from your site, so I can put mirrors and such in this topic.

* I also have no problem with it being included in a "mega pack" under the same conditions.

* I also ask if you wish to make changes, that you post in this thread and inform me of what you require. I do not want my work being modified by other people, but I am happy to take suggestions.

0.01 - Created Port Adelaide + Stadium. Edited Australia, and fixed National Team Stadiums.

0.02 - Created Sydney Rovers

0.03 - Created Canberra Athletic

0.04 - Created Wollongong Steelworks

0.05 - Created Brisbane 2010 FC

0.06 - Created Geelong Petroleum - Pioneer Road Stadium

0.07 - Created Hobart Forest FC - Davies Avenue

0.10 - Starting on A-League.

0.11 - First Division Created

0.12 - First holiday testing complete. Various changes:

Canberra - Kit modified.

Geelong - Kit modified.

Sydney Rovers - Away Kit Modified.

Slightly modified finances of some teams.

Various minor changes to existing teams such as names/stadiums.

0.13 - Sponsorships for new teams.

0.14 - FFA Cup Created.

0.15 - Kit adjustments.

Rovers and Canberra have higher "Estimated Value" due to their facilities, not because they have especially large budgets.

Stadium restructure. Some of the new teams considered to own their stadium. They have been given debt. The rest pay rent.

Renamed Brisbane 2010 FC to Brisbane Northside

Competition Alignment.

Added Derbies for Aus vs England, Aus vs NZ

Staff drafted to new clubs: From out of contract staff for the most part, but some from non-ALeague teams: Assistant, Physio, Scout, GK Coach, Fitness Coach, 2 coaches. Some teams recieved 1 or 2 less staff due to limitations.

Player Draft for new clubs: 1 each for GK, DR, DL, DC, DM, MC, MR, ML, ST. 2 more players were given from lower league teams but not by position. Each team were also given one lower quality player from the existing A-League clubs.

First Official Release Version

Fixed some Derbies.

Added Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane Derbies

Fixed ACL Issue (ACL was picking state league teams for the 2 positions), Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory play in 2011 ACL now.

Modified Chairman Sugar Daddy types for Newcastle and Geelong. Foreground was imbalancing the league too much, moved them to underwriter.

Created Second Division competition, but not yet in Nation Rules.

Created AFC Christchurch

Created Albury-Wodonga Town

Created Alice Springs Town

Created Ballarat Rebellion

Created Brisbane Sporting Club

Created Casey City

Created Coffs Harbour

Created Darwin Wanderers

Created Goulburn

Created HMAS Cairns

Created Hills Shire FC

Created Liverpool AFC

Created Mandurah Estuary FC

Created Penrith FC

Created Perth Albion

Created Sutherland AFC

Created Wagga Wagga Rangers

Created Australian League Cup - Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams.

Created 3rd and 4th divisions.

Created Australian League Trophy - Tier 3 and 4 teams.

Added Super Cup (Charity Shield)

Added League Shield (Super Cup between League Cup/Trophy Winner)

Awards Created: Golden boots, player of the year, manager of the year, monthly manager and player awards, team of the year.

Created Rivalries and Derbies.

Adding some players to 2nd tier teams, not more than 4 or 5 basically.

Fixed Lower Leagues. Teams will now be relegated from Tier 4, whilst 3 new teams from the Lower Leagues will be promoted in their place.

Sorted Charity Shield Entrants.

Removed The League Shield Super Cup, Super Cups seem to be intended for "end of season" competitions and nothing I can do can force the competition to take place just after the League Cup/Trophy is decided mid-season.

Made some balance adjustments.

Added missing Young Player Monthly awards for lower tiers.

Fixed Some Awards

Edited Chairman Patience. Far too many managers being sacked early.

Official Release Version.

Database playtested through to the end of 2018.

I've always been intrigued by the A-League. Might give this one a go.

Did you leave the salary cap and squad rules in place?

No, I created a completely new competition. I believe the squad and salary cap rules of the existing A-League diminish the capacity of the AI to manage it's teams effectively. I also prefer the simpler methods. I'll put a note in the readme for future versions that states this, as well as reminding players of their ACL commitments.

I'm also looking into the advanced editor stuff, that might be able to remove or modifiy the ACL squad rules, to be more in line with the European Champions League.

Love it...will definitely download once it's complete!

Thanks. I also point out that the current version is fully ready to play right now, with the expanded Tier 1 competition, FFA Cup.

I have done something similar. Hyundai A league 18 teams - 3 groups of 6 - playing each other twice 3 Relegated up/down in each division

Aust super league 12 teams - 3 groups of 4 - playing each other three times

Aust Premier league 12 teams - 3 groups of 4 - playing each other three times

Aust Champ league 12 teams - 3 groups of 4 - playing each other three times

Aust pro league A 12 teams - 3 groups of 4 - playing each other three times

Aust pro league B 12 teams - 3 groups of 4 - playing each other three times

Aust pro league C 12 teams - 3 groups of 4 - playing each other three times

Aust interstate grade 12 teams - 3 groups of 4 - playing each other three times

Aust A grade 12 teams - 3 groups of 4 - playing each other three times

Aust B grade 12 teams - 3 groups of 4 - playing each other three times

Aust lower league 24 teams - 2 groups of 12 - playing each other twice

Also done Aust FA cup all divisions

A league cup all divisions except Hyundai League

Queens invitation Cup ( friendly ) Aust vs England 2 legs end of season game

And a 8 nation Trophy involving Aust , NZ , South Africa , Japan , S Korea , USA , Canada ,Hong Kong ( China )

Mine will be a recreation and improvement on my league from last year:

Australian Premier League - 20 teams home and away

Australian Division 1 - 22 teams home and away

Australian Division 2 - 22 teams home and away

then a 3 way regional split:

Regional League 1 - East, South and West - each 18 - 24 teams, home and away

Regional League 2 - East, South and West - each 18-24 teams, home and away

Australian Institutes League - short league AIS, QIS etc.

Australian FA Cup - all teams

Australian League Cup - the top 3 leagues

Australian League Trophy - the regional leagues

Premier League is made up of existing A-League teams except Wellington, with the remainder representing the larger populated places in Australia. Some teams are new (Geelong), some are promoted from the state leagues (Sunshine Coast etc), some are resurrected for sentimental reasons (Canberra Cosmos).

The next two divisions also mix new and existing teams based on location and population. There are a small number of additional teams from the larger capitals, often to match existing larger stadia. (So a team at Ballymore in Brisbane for instance). Other teams represent larger regional areas (Cairns etc).

The regional leagues are made up of the remaining bulk of the state league teams and any other extinct teams I can find in the db, with a few new teams for sentimental reasons.

It's all make believe, but I've had fun looking around for where I can place teams. To add some extra realism, one or two smaller teams are in a division high than you'd think - (I mean look at Wigan and Blackpool in the EPL). I'll be interested in seeing if they survive, as attendance levels will match their population base.

This sounds awesome!

is there a youth/reserves league for all clubs?

Youth and Reserves. Youth is u21 I believe.

Does the season begin in the middle of the year or the beginning? Does it conflict with the ACL like the current A-League

Ah, not sure. I haven't had much of a chance to play since I've started a new job. The ACL basically works out to the group stage being around the start of the A-League season, whilst the knock-out stages come at the end of the season.

Great file. Was using it until my pc crashed on me. I modded it a bit and took out all the fake teams bar Sydney Rovers (who are a future franchise if I remember correctly) so all teams were realistic (I'm a sucker for realism ha)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great file, just wondering though, why does this stop the Singapore League from working? It seems the WA State Leagues etc have been tossed into Singapore or something making the Singapore leagues unplayable.

Is there any way to fix this and to have this file loaded at the same time?

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
Great file, just wondering though, why does this stop the Singapore League from working? It seems the WA State Leagues etc have been tossed into Singapore or something making the Singapore leagues unplayable.

Is there any way to fix this and to have this file loaded at the same time?

Cheers.

Could you provide some more detail. What clubs, what exact league do they go in? I've had a quick look and found nothing out of the ordinary in Singapore or WA clubs.

Aust Championship --- Hyundai A League 12 teams split 16 games in total Bottom team relegated / 10 - 11 team play off with Teams 2 legs / Top Team into play - off 2 legs

Telstra A League 12 teams split 16 games in total Bottom team relegated / 10 - 11 team play off with Teams 2 legs / Top Team into play - off 2 legs

Telstra Pro League A 20 teams / Top 2 promotion to A - Leagues / Next 4 play - off against A - League Teams 2 legs / 3 Relegated

Telstra Pro League B 20 teams / 3 promoted / 3 relegated

Telstra Pro League C 20 teams / 3 promoted / 4 relegated

Westfield Leagues - Westfield A League 20 teams / 2 Promoted to Telstra C / 3 Relegated

Westfield B League 20 teams / 2 Promoted to Telstra C / 3 Relegated

Optus Leagues - Optus A League 20 teams / 3 promoted to westfield A league

Optus B League 20 teams / 3 promoted to westfield B league

Solo League - Solo A League 20 teams / 3 promoted to Optus A league

Solo B League 20 teams / 3 promoted to Optus B league

Fox Sports League - Fox Sports A League 20 teams / 3 promoted to Solo A league

Fox Sports B League 20 teams / 3 promoted to Solo B league 6 Relegated via playoffs Westfield Regional

Australia Regional League - Westfield Regional League 15 Teams 6 promoted via playoffs

Optus Regional League 15 teams 3 up / 3 down

Pepsi Regional League 15 teams 3 up / 3 down

Foxtel Regional League 15 teams 3 up / 3 down

Testra Lower League A - 20 team 3 up / 3 down

Testra Lower League B - 20 team 3 up / 3 down

Testra Lower League C - 20 team 3 up / 3 down

Testra Lower League D - 20 team 3 up / 3 down

Testra entry level league - 20 team 3 up / none relegated

University league / 12 teams

Academy League / 8 teams

************************************************** **********************************

Football Federation Cup / FA Cup knock out

Telstra pro league Cup / Pro league teams only

Westfield League Cup / Westfield , Optus , Fox Sports , Solo Leagues

Regional League Cup / Australian Regional Teams

Telstra Lower League Cup / Lower and entry level league

University & Academy Cup

95% of badges are there .

If anyone interested let me know on here and i will post it

• 2 weeks later...

Archived