What do YOU qualify as success?

As the tile suggests really. Basically, there are many different things to succeed at in FM and i would like to find out what, personally, you count as success?

Ultimately a lot of people will say winning the biggest trophy for the team they are currently managing is the pinnacle of their game. But for others it varies. It could be taking a team from non league into the football league pyramid, or a lower team right to the top. It could even be something such as training that regen up to being world class, or for a club that has no youth academy as such, build one then bring through your own youngsters. Perhaps getting a stadium named after you etc.

Anyway, i think you all get my point now and there are probably a few above that i have missed out.

For me, success is making my club the richest in the world. Please bear in mind that i very rarely start as a premier league team so it takes a while. I have only managed it once before, but every year, every save, thats what i always aim for!

Please share and discuss :)

When I begin my long awaited career, when the patch is released, I'm starting off my career with East Fife.

I'll be starting in the Scottish 2nd Division. I have an initial 5 year plan to shoot my way through the leagues and wind up in the SPL. Within 2 years of being in the SPL i'll expect to be challenging the Old Firm. In my third year I'll be expecting to win the SPL.

I'll set out to be the champions of Scotland in 8 seasons. If I can do it sooner then brilliant! I don't use any cheats, any tricks, I find my own players, I use my own tactics and I shall not fiddle with the editor in order to make my players into supermen, in any way, shape or form. I'll do it all completely. vanilla.

So that's it right there, as succinctly as I can possibly make it. I have an 8 year plan. If I achieve my goal in that specific time-frame then this is what I see as success.

I'm usually happy when I manage to do better than predicted. First season I was deemed for a bottom/midtable finish and won promotion and for the past 3 seasons I have been predicted to finish dead last in the league. Got another promotion in the second season and finished 17th in the championship the season after, I'm currently sitting 8th in the league and is enjoying every minute of it.

I'm usually happy when I manage to do better than predicted. First season I was deemed for a bottom/midtable finish and won promotion and for the past 3 seasons I have been predicted to finish dead last in the league. Got another promotion in the second season and finished 17th in the championship the season after, I'm currently sitting 8th in the league and is enjoying every minute of it.

well done that is good what i class as a success is my newcastle side, ive finished 7th in my first season and 2nd season and now i am 2nd after 18 games losing one game in those 18 and oh yeah over those three seasons ive actually recieved 17 million more on transfers than ive paid for.

I like trophies and feel like I've failed if I leave a club without a trophy .. no matter what that silverware may be ... Playoff Final, League Cup, any League etc.

But like the original poster ... I look at the richlist every year, that is what my ultimate guage of success is .... does mean I have to hang on to my job for lengthy periods. I also take note of the Euro Coeffient tables when I regularly qualify for Europe.

Am with QPR at moment and am about 18th richest club in world .... and rising fast.

Long term: Getting my orginally-BSS side to, and eventually winning, Europe. Seasonally: meeting my own expectations, which are generally higher (and hidden) from the board. As long as I've done that, the season is a success. Short term: Finally getting the right tactic to counter my current AI-valuation, thus ending my slump.

I'd be overjoyed if I ever got a stadium named after me. Never had that happen...

Finding "The Kid," keeping him, and getting him to realize his potential is up there, too.

I generaly play as garbage teams in the lowest divisions until I get a big enough reputation to move on, so I just took over a newly promoted club to the Swedish 2nd Division, with the club expected to finish 12th I managed a very comfortable 5th places finish.

I'd regard that as a sucess

Taking Braintree Town to the Blue Square South Playoff Final and winning it in extra time when we were tipped to finish mid table.

I consider that a success.

This season will be successful if we finish mid table when we are tipped to "Fight bravely against relegation"

Archived