The Official Chelsea Premiership Champions Thread 2005/06

JoeyM

Ok, I'll start with our Pre-Season Friendlies:

Wednesday July 13: Wycombe Wanderers (Wycombe) W 5-1 (Robben, C.Cole, Duff, Jarosik 2)

Sunday July 17: Benfica (Lisbon) W 1-0 (Rocha og)

Sunday July 24: AC Milan (Boston, USA) W 1-0 (Robben)

Friday July 29: DC United (Washington, USA) W 2-1 (Duff, Crespo)

Sunday July 31: AC Milan (New Jersey, USA). D 1-1 (Drogba)

Charity Shield:

Sunday Aug 7: Chelsea vs. Arsenal

--------------------------------

05/06 Fixture List:

Can be found here

--------------------------

Transfers In:

Asier Del Horno - Athletic Bilbao (£8m)

Shaun Wright-Phillips - Manchester City (£24m)

Jonas Elmer - Grasshopper Zurich (Undisclosed)

Lassana Diarra - Le Havre (£3m)

Transfers Out:

Scott Parker - Newcastle (£6.5m)

Mikael Forsell - Birmingham (£3.5m)

Mateja Kezman - Atlético Madrid (£5.3m)

Alexei Smertin - Charlton (loan)

Nuno Morais - Marítimo (loan)

Released

Ben Hudell

Sam Tillen (Brentford)

Sebastian Kneissl (Braunschweig)

Danny Woodards

Felipe Oliveira (Maritimo)

And some useful links:

Up-to-date Chelsea News

More Chelsea News

Sky Sports Chelsea Page

Official Site

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'll start with our Pre-Season Friendlies:

Wednesday July 13: Wycombe Wanderers (Wycombe) W 5-1 (Robben, C.Cole, Duff, Jarosik 2)

Sunday July 17: Benfica (Lisbon) W 1-0 (Rocha og)

Sunday July 24: AC Milan (Boston, USA) W 1-0 (Robben)

Friday July 29: DC United (Washington, USA) W 2-1 (Duff, Crespo)

Sunday July 31: AC Milan (New Jersey, USA). D 1-1 (Drogba)

Charity Shield:

Sunday Aug 7: Chelsea vs. Arsenal

--------------------------------

05/06 Fixture List:

Can be found here

--------------------------

Transfers In:

Asier Del Horno - Athletic Bilbao (£8m)

Shaun Wright-Phillips - Manchester City (£24m)

Jonas Elmer - Grasshopper Zurich (Undisclosed)

Lassana Diarra - Le Havre (£3m)

Transfers Out:

Scott Parker - Newcastle (£6.5m)

Mikael Forsell - Birmingham (£3.5m)

Mateja Kezman - Atlético Madrid (£5.3m)

Alexei Smertin - Charlton (loan)

Nuno Morais - Marítimo (loan)

Released

Ben Hudell

Sam Tillen (Brentford)

Sebastian Kneissl (Braunschweig)

Danny Woodards

Felipe Oliveira (Maritimo)

And some useful links:

Up-to-date Chelsea News

More Chelsea News

Sky Sports Chelsea Page

Official Site

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonTheGTFCFan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Juni -feel free to edit the title if you like... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what - like the correct season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be a good start.

It was deliberate to get a few starter posts in here :embarassed smiley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonTheGTFCFan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Juni -feel free to edit the title if you like... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what - like the correct season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be a good start.

It was deliberate to get a few starter posts in here :embarassed smiley: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, I see you are doing the 'I done it on purpose' act again icon14.gif

PS - Bitter

PPS - Jealous

We need a better thread starter - let's tap-up Nick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can have scoot, his wit and humour will suit this thread to a tee.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

I'm scared you'll take SWP off us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does appear to be looking unlikely.

Jose seems to be saying "Striker", but I think we're in more desperate need of a SWP style player to rotate with Robben and Duff, as as good as Cole is, I don't think he's good enough. More of a utility player for me - one that can fill in on either wing, instead of Lampard or in Tiago's role, which Gudjonssen started to play in the last 2 months of the season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Jose seems to be saying "Striker", but I think we're in more desperate need of a SWP style player to rotate with Robben and Duff, as as good as Cole is, I don't think he's good enough. More of a utility player for me - one that can fill in on either wing, instead of Lampard or in Tiago's role, which Gudjonssen started to play in the last 2 months of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take Joaquin

Jose seems to be saying "Striker", but I think we're in more desperate need of a SWP style player to rotate with Robben and Duff, as as good as Cole is, I don't think he's good enough. More of a utility player for me - one that can fill in on either wing, instead of Lampard or in Tiago's role, which Gudjonssen started to play in the last 2 months of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take Joaquin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would imagine that he's already 1st choice. We have more of a chance of landing SWP than Joaquin who's just saying all those things one would to engineer a move to Barca or Real.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Luxury Lyrics

Luxury

Diamonds and pearls

Champagne and caviar

Cigars and girls

A private plane, a shiny car

Gold, silver and ivory

To have the Midas touch

Would it be enough for me

Can a man ever have enough

Luxury

The things I want

The things I need

One is a hunger

One is greed

Fox furs and mink

Sugar, stocks and shares

Gourmet food and drink

Up a marble flight of stairs

Suntans and shades

A yacht anchored in Saint Tropez

Butler, cook, housemaids

Can no one ever turn away

Luxury

The things I want

The things I need

One is a hunger

One is greed - tap up luxury

Luxury

The things I want - talking 'bout the things you want

The things I need - don't you worry 'bout the things you need

One is a hunger - oh

One is greed - live your life in luxury

The things I want - talking 'bout the things you want

The things I need - don't you worry 'bout the things you need

One is a hunger - help me

One is greed - learn to lap up luxury

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Google & "Tap up" song Lyrics >*

Latest rumours:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Blues turn back to Torres

Chelsea are looking set to step up their bid to sign a new striker by turning their attentions back to Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres.

Jose Mourinho has so far failed in his attempts to bring a big-name striker to the club after being snubbed by Inter Milan's Adriano and Samuel Eto'o of Barcelona, while their spectacular £57m offer for Andriy Shevchenko was turned down by AC Milan.

Now the West Londoners have turned their attentions to the Spanish international and are thought to be ready to offer £15m plus want-away midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron.

Veron spent last season on loan at Inter Milan and the Argentina midfielder has stated he does not wish to return to Stamford Bridge.

Atletico may be tempted by Veron, after missing out on Barcelona midfielder Juan Riquelme.

However, the Spanish side will be reluctant to let Torres leave and Madrid coach Carlos Bianchi said: "This operation is simple, our idea is to contract Veron but we don't want to sell our best player to achieve this.

"Torres is a very big star and we do not want to sell our big stars."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously my believe-o-meter is always set at about 10% until I hear some evidence, or some quotes.

Torres would be fb, but I would question the following:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> Atletico letting him to go

<LI> Veron being interested in Madrid

{*] Torres wanting to come to England.

We'll see as usual.

We need a better thread starter - let's tap-up Nick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

I'd probably defect for a stay on Roman's luxury yacht tbf.

• Administrators

Have you got a link for the veron story Juni? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

story broke on SSN

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The agent of Mateja Kezman has claimed that the striker is ready to quit Chelsea to join Atletico Madrid.

The Serbo-Montenegrin endured a difficult first season at Stamford Bridge following his move from PSV Eindhoven and was used only as a bit-part player by Jose Mourinho.

With Chelsea currently scouring the market for another big-name forward, Kezman appears to have made up his mind to leave West London for pastures new.

He recently ruled out a move to Benfica but has opened the doors for a switch to Spain's Primera Liga.

Atletico are in the process of reshaping their squad following the arrival of Argentine coach Carlos Bianchi and want to bring in a big-name marksman to partner Fernando Torres.

The Spaniards have been linked with a host of players including Dimitar Berbatov and Javier Saviola, but Kezman now appears their preferred option and his agent Vlado Lemeic insists his client fancies a switch to the Vicente Calderon.

"Kezman wants to play in Spain, at Atletico and work with a great coach like Bianchi," Lemeic stated.

"The most important thing is for the two clubs to reach an agreement."

Chelsea will want to recover most of the £5 million they spent on Kezman, and Lemeic added that he expected to know in 'the maximum of one week' whether a deal was likely.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good list, but I'd change a few of the possible transfers: Lyon have apparently overpriced Essien (Chelsea don't want to do too much overspending this summer, I hear), Gilardino is staying put, Shevchenko and Adriano have both said they aren't interested in moving. Vicente I don't see, with Duff and Robben both better players in his position.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shanyi:

Good list, but I'd change a few of the possible transfers: Lyon have apparently overpriced Essien (Chelsea don't want to do too much overspending this summer, I hear), Gilardino is staying put, Shevchenko and Adriano have both said they aren't interested in moving. Vicente I don't see, with Duff and Robben both better players in his position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duff > Vicente? What you been smoking son?

Been speaking with my Uncle today who lives over in Cobham and is mates with a local estate agent who claims to have just sold a rather large house to a certain Mr Michael Owen, so expect to see him in the blue of Chelsea next season. Thank **** he isnt coming to United.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kneissel Free

+ Various other young players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did Kneissel go? And which various other youngsters?

Archived