Managed in Conference North or South? (FM09)

what have you acheived so far. Im 10 games into a season with Havant & Waterlooville sitting 5th. I am going to try to match what I did in FM08 when I went from Kettering Manager in the conference north to winning the champions league with liverpool in 2020. I stopped playing in 2024 or summit as Rangers. It feels better to have started from the bottom when you are succesful. Its more realistic aswell.

Started with Tamworth (Blue Square North)

1st season- board expectations in all cups, playoffs in league, but lost in extra time of final.

2nd season- get parent club aston villa, get 2 quality loanees, win the league on last game of the season. ok cup run (board expectations) Board ask to renew my contract for 3 years, negotiate to just 1 year.

3rd season- Blue Square Prem... finish 13th, huge jump from 18th in last 3 games. Get into third round of FA cup, play Birmingham city at home and loose by 4. semi finals of conference league cup.

just renewed my contract for 2 years after being linked with several league 1 and 2 clubs. Going to try and get promoted this season or next and make my way slowly up a few leagues, then hopefully get linked with chelsea and take the top spot at Stamford Bridge. lol

I'm currently 9th in the Blue square conf with Altrincham. I've drawn a lot, got a couple of players on a free and decided not to sell anyone yet. I'm going to try and get some transfer money during the next pre-season and see if I can get them promoted to the league for the season after.

- started unemployed, applied for all available clubs

- approached by Farsley Celtic, took the job

- season 08/09 - came 5th in BSN, got to play-off final. I was losing 2-0 with 5 minutes to go when my centre-back headed in a corner - 2-1. Then in the last minute my striker was clean through on goal, and was just about to shoot when their defender hacked him down inches from the penalty area. Up stepped my left back who'd never scored a free-kick all season, and he smashed it into the top corner. I was delighted but then in extra time, my other centre-back, under no pressure at all, rolled a dodgy back pass to my keeper. The ball rolled over his foot and in. We lost 3-2 and I was absolutely gutted!

- season 09/10 - came 4th in the BSN, managed to win the play offs this time

- season 10/11 - came dangerously close to getting relegated in the BSP but did well in the last few games to come 18th. Also got to the Conference League Cup final but got beat 2-0 by Dag & Red (my bogey team).

- season 11/12 - came 9th in the BSP

- season 12/13 - dominated the BSP, winning it with only losing about 3 games, to get promoted to League 2. Largely due to the 3 loan stars from Leeds, my parent club.

- season 13/14 - expected to get thrashed in League 2, especially after a dreadful pre-season, but at the moment in mid-October I'm top of the league and have only conceded 3 goals.

like it says in my name.

The only way to play the game :)

Currently 20 games played and sat on the top of the BSN with Kings Lynn.

Injuries (bug ??) Becoming really anoying as i have 3-6 of my first team rotating on the sick note list !! And its not the same guys, unless i just got very unlucky and signed a team of injury prone 15 + players ???

started as farsley and 2 seasons later was in the football league after successive league titles on the last day of the season. After that moved on as was a career game so needed to move to big and better things.

People in here should check out the career thread in the CSE section and post in there much more fun to compare against everyone else.

I'm still playing my first save... I'm Blyth Spartans.

I've somehow (god knows how) managed to get them to the championship, but it's not going too well this season. i did however manage to win the league cup while i was playing L1 football, and i've beat koper and sloboda in the qualifying rounds of the uefa cup!

I'm currently doing Dafuges' challenge. So, I took over Dover Athletic and am currently in 4th place with 31 games played. Knocked out of all the competitions so now just concentrating on trying to get promoted. Would be nice to do it first season :)

People in here should check out the career thread in the CSE section and post in there much more fun to compare against everyone else.

What if you're not playing a 'career-type' game though?

Personally, I'm planning on sticking with one club until I either win everything ever or get sacked. There isn't really anywhere for people playing this kind of game to post about their save at the moment.

Good to see so many people playing Conference North and South by the way.

Oh and to answer the question, I have just started my first proper save game (had a few false starts) with St. Albans City in the Blue Square South.

I've had a pretty awful start to the season. Team gelling is a problem and I've struggled to get going. I've also had to play some tough sides (like Hampton & Richmond and Chelmsford both away and Team Bath at home).

After 7 games without a win, sitting in the relegation zone, I finally made the breakthrough beating Weston-Super-Mare at home and following it up with a really impressive win over Maidenhead United away. These two wins have moved me into a mid-table position and I feel confident that we have turned the corner.

I've got Chelmsford in the FA Cup qualifiers, so a bit gutted about that as it is a far more difficult tie than I wanted at this stage. Other than that, things starting to progress well.

BSS football is great! :D

Pre-patch I had King's Lynn 3 points off the top of BSN with 2 games in hand. Managed to reach the first round proper of the FA Cup, and somehow took Carlisle Utd to a replay. Unfortunately we got hammered 4-0 at their place, but hey-ho. I always start a new game after the patch, so will be starting again, probably with King's Lynn again.

Started with Hyde in BSN.

Promoted season 1 (was a surprise even for me, bless the one year contracts of BSN allowing me to retool for BSP)

Spent 2 seasons in BSP

Promoted first season in League 2

Spent 2 seasons in League 1

Spent 3 seasons in Championship (including nearly getting relegated in season 2)

Currently 2018/2019 and i am in my second season in PRM (and hoping to avoid relegation). Never had much luck in cups except for once (in BSP i think) when i won the mini FA cup.

With AFC Wimbledon:

- First Season: Runner Up in BSS, lost Playoff Final

- Second Season: Runner Up in BSS, won Playoff Final, Won Conference League Cup (beat Rotherham), got to FA Cup 3rd Round (hosted Portsmouth)

- Third Season: 8th in BSP

- Fourth Season (Current): 2nd in BSP currently, went to Anfield for the FA Cup Third Round and got lots of money - was great despite a 5-0 defeat

Started at Hampton & Richmond 08/09 Conference South got promoted via playoffs. Struggling following season when Leeds offered me a job, was there till end of season 11/12 when got the sack for failing by a point to make playoffs in the championship.

Offered job at Lincoln in league2 got them promoted via playoffs thrashing Wycombe 5-1 in final.

Currently just played first game of 3rd season with Lincoln 2nd season in League 1 season 2014/15.

Have no money but not in debt struggling to find a good 2nd striker to assist my 30 goal a season man.

Season 1 - Managing Harrogate and my aim was top half finish got promoted via the play-offs

Season 2 - Got 10th finish and 3rd round tie with Bristol (Lost 1-0)

Season 3 - Got promoted via Play-offs and got to 4th fa cup round (Lost 5-1 to Boro)

Season 4 - Currently 13th after 34 games and in 4th round of FA cup vs Man Utd! Good money

but im defo out :)

Can anyone rate my progress?

just started with my local club Solihull Moors. i'll keep you posted about our happenings although i am only in august in my first season but we are already in debt so will probably go into administration!

what would happen if a team in the BSN got relegated whilst i was manager of them?

just started with my local club Solihull Moors. i'll keep you posted about our happenings although i am only in august in my first season but we are already in debt so will probably go into administration!

what would happen if a team in the BSN got relegated whilst i was manager of them?

You will get sacked. It's happened to me far far too many times.

Started Unemployed,

Applied for all the jobs available of which braintree town accepted my application once i had up'ed my wage pointless i know but what the hell,

Predicted to finish in 6th place.

Got rid of all the players at braintree and staff, brought in 24 new players all on free's accept 1 which cost me 1k, bought in a new coaching staff aswell as one of the coachs of holland as my asistant manager.

League:

Started the season well winning 9 games straight then was hit with some really bad injurys 2 of my best defenders and my best striker leaving me with 2 strikers who dont seem to be able to score together which has not led me to lose 2 games in a row and 3 draws in a row in the league dropping me to 5th place but with the players now returning im starting to win games.

Cups:Knocked out of the CLC by kettering 3-1 due to injurys i had to field a weakened side and my goal keeper decided to not perform.

FA Trophy into the second qualifying round with a win over non league oppersistion.

FA Cup not played yet.

Goals, im hoping to get promotion this season in first place and any cups is a bonus but im not aiming for them them this season only for money reason am i still going with cups.

Playing as Blyth I won the league in the first season and came second in season 2. i lost in the playoff final on penalties.

Just started the third season with half a million in the bank and joint favourites to win.

Managing lower league , in my opinion, is so much more fun.

what have you acheived so far. Im 10 games into a season with Havant & Waterlooville sitting 5th. I am going to try to match what I did in FM08 when I went from Kettering Manager in the conference north to winning the champions league with liverpool in 2020. I stopped playing in 2024 or summit as Rangers. It feels better to have started from the bottom when you are succesful. Its more realistic aswell.

Playing as St Albans in BSS league, Im currently on a 10 match unbeaten run and sit 1st on the table by 5 points, signed a 21yo striker from a League 1 team on a free transfer and he scored 4 goals in his first match. Im into the FA Cup 3rd round and Im on my way to winning the league cup. I love the challenge of turning a no name team into a powerhouse.

FC United of Manchester:

Season 1 (09/10) Blue Square North - 15th, 51 Points.

Season 2 (10/11) Blue Square North - 1st, 80 Points.

Season 3 (11/12) - Blue Square Premier - 20th (relegation is 21-24), 46 Points.

Season 4 (12/13) - About half-way though, 23rd, 23 Points. 5 points away from 20th.

Unemployed with Sunday League Reputation

Got approached by Braintree.

2008/2009: Promoted from BSS via Playoffs

2009/2010: Lost in BSP Playoff Semi-Finals

2010/2011: Won BSP

2011/2012: 18th in League 2 with 7 games left. Safe from relegation.

Start the game unemployed and go on holidays with the option to apply to any club and I as offer a contract at Weymouth BSP. Media prediction 18th. Now about 20 game leagues I am in 6th position not bad I think is my first season in all cm/fm series that a manager in such a league the experience is fantastic. i getting this update as soon i am finish the first season

picked AFC telford

managed promotion in every season (some through playoffs).

left them 2/3 on the 4th season (L1) for Leicester on same division as they offered 4.5M transfer budget. scraped through playoffs with Leicester and telford went and won the league

i am sitting at 3rd place after 10 games while telford is 16th.

i too am managing Havant & Waterlooville

got promoted the first season, second season mid table obscurity in the BSP, 3rd season missed out on promotion to oxford in the playoffs final, 4th season panicked and bought 9 people on free contracts just because i could and at the moments im back to mid table obscurity

i just cant resist signing sexy europeans with sexy names on a free when im in the lower leagues

took gateshead to european champions glory, mind you it took till 2018

As there are a few people who have posted in here playing as St. Albans City, I thought I would just draw your attention to a season 09/10 home kit that I have created for them.

As some of you probably know, the Saints traditionally play in yellow and blue, however for this season only City are playing in a blue strip with gold trim, gold shorts and blue socks. This is because it is their centenary season and this is a replica of their 1908 kit.

FM09 is set up to change the colours of St. Albans City for the second season in the game (2009/10). You will notice that as you finish your first season and enter into the second, the St. Albans City text will change to yellow and blue. Also, St. Albans will play in yellow and blue on the 2D screen.

Unfortunately, this doesn't translate to the 3D match view and, much to my frustration, the Saints keep playing on in their centenary kit. This has been reported by me as a 'bug', although it is really very minor and not so much a bug as a slight oversight. Anyway, I now have a solution for those who might be interested.

I love realism in my game and so I decided to create my own 09/10 home kit in traditional colours of yellow and blue. The kit I have created works in the 3D representation, i.e. the players will be wearing it, from the second season onwards.

Please see the following post if you are interested: St. Albans City FC Official Thread - St. Albans City Home Kit for 2009/10 season

I'm not trying to drum up interest or anything because I have done this purely for myself. I'm just a big Saints supporter and I hope that others playing the game might enjoy this little creation too. It is a very modest effort but it took me a lot of time to achieve as I am not the best when it comes to this kind of thing!

Cheers,

C.

Archived