Players becoming eligable to play for another country

Have you had or seen a player of one nationality become eligable to play for another and recieve a call up to whichever nation that may be?

I have Nacho Novo who is Spanish as most of you will know and form wise he has the best average rating in the SPL he's now become eligable to play for Scotland im just curious as to if they'll call him up anytime soon.

nah i have'nt and with the amount of brazilians i send to spain I would have thought atleast a few.

Talking about that though I remember on the last FM I became Italy manager, and had a full squad of (ok too good) foreign-born Itialians, only about 5 made it in to my squad on a regular basis but still...

im scotland manager & iv called up atleast 2 player who have become eliagable.

thay wernt very good but i thought id let them get a cap :)

i think novo is better than some scots but wether he gets called up in the game is down to the manager & in real life....

well if it was cristiano ronaldo? i dont think anyone from scotland would be against the idea as mutch as thay have been against novo.

Very disturbing indeed.

What's next? A chinese playing for England?

Whats so disturbing about that?

I think he might be meaning a chinese born player with no British parent lineage, if he is meaning that though he must hate Fabrice Muamba (I think it's him, born in Republic of Congo stayed there till he was 12 then moved here to escape war torn ROC and NO British parent lineage)

P.S I'm not bothered that he plays for England, although I would rather he played for us (Scotland):) lol

Speaking about that though I thought he wouldn't be aloud to play for England because of the home home nation rule or whatever it is

Oh ok - but I would have thought that a player who is uncapped for his home country and who moves to a country in which he has no relaionship/ affiliation with, then he would not consider playing for the country he now plays in. He would probably opt for his home country - and anyway it would take at least 5 years for that happen in the UK and by then the player would have learnt the language fully and would have adopted to the culture.

the british isles have a gentlemens agreement irl where they agreed not to call up players from other countries, so novo, arteta and almunia will not be playing for scotland or england

P.S rep of ireland not included

tell that to scotland, wales or irland if the next maradona becomes eliagble if playing for 1 of there clubs ???

the british isles have a gentlemens agreement irl where they agreed not to call up players from other countries, so novo, arteta and almunia will not be playing for scotland or england

P.S rep of ireland not included

Yea that's what I was meaning so why is Muamba aloud to play for england??:S

It shouldn't be one rule for one and a different for another

Yea that's what I was meaning so why is Muamba aloud to play for england??:S

It shouldn't be one rule for one and a different for another

I think it's because he sought asylum as a kid and came up though the English league system. Whereas the other players mentioned came up through their own nations systems and aren't considered British produced talent.

I think it's because he sought asylum as a kid and came up though the English league system. Whereas the other players mentioned came up through their own nations systems and aren't considered British produced talent.

Ahhh that makes sense lol. It was just weird how all this stuff was being made about Almunia and Novo when he has played for england since he was 17 I think, just wish he would say he loves his barr's IRN-BRU and choose Scotland

Archived