My Leeds taken over by a Japanese tycoon, and gave me a lot of money

In my 2nd season of Premier League, Bates sold Leeds to a Japanese tycoon,

what a tycoon, he gave me 103M transfer budget at "top half" target, if i chose "Title challenger", he could give more..

so, It's very lucky,isn't it?

img:

http://i3.6.cn/cvbnm/7f/f7/e7/34fa955bef91ead6251fd717fb9ac2e4.jpg

http://i3.6.cn/cvbnm/5d/d4/e1/6fe3b1a012bade4efcbdac1d15623fb9.jpg

in my Altrincham save ive just been taken over by a slovenian..wants them to be a force in football...gave me a 5mil budget in the blue square....obviously i got em promoted

in league 2 he turned us pro,turn the yth facilities into world class, gave me 10mil budget and a 140k wage budget(its currently 30k)

now all i need is to make Altrincham attractive to fans and some half decent players :D

in my Altrincham save ive just been taken over by a slovenian..wants them to be a force in football...gave me a 5mil budget in the blue square....obviously i got em promoted

in league 2 he turned us pro,turn the yth facilities into world class, gave me 10mil budget and a 140k wage budget(its currently 30k)

now all i need is to make Altrincham attractive to fans and some half decent players :D

I would like to see that!

it's possible it's coded , i bet it's coded into the game that any team can get tycoons - especially english clubs

I'm quite sure any club can be taken over. In my game a club in the Uruguayan Second Division has been taken over by a Belgian tycoon :D a Croatian tycoon took over a club in the Norwegian First Division (2nd tier) and a Canadian tycoon took over a club in the Belarusian First Division (2nd tier) :p

I got taken over by... Peter Lorimer! A Leeds legend but he doesn't have bag loads of money :(

thats because he runs a bad pub on the outskirts of leeds city centre

actually no scrap that i love the commercial pub :)

seems like leeds get taken over regularly - mostly by former board members

In my 2nd season of Premier League, Bates sold Leeds to a Japanese tycoon,

what a tycoon, he gave me 103M transfer budget at "top half" target, if i chose "Title challenger", he could give more..

so, It's very lucky,isn't it?

img:

http://i3.6.cn/cvbnm/7f/f7/e7/34fa955bef91ead6251fd717fb9ac2e4.jpg

http://i3.6.cn/cvbnm/5d/d4/e1/6fe3b1a012bade4efcbdac1d15623fb9.jpg

A word of warning. 5 seasons after my tycoon takeover, he has withdrawn all funding from the club. The transfer kitty now comes from selling players. Enjoy it while its there.

This thread should be retitled 'My leeds team got taken over by a leeds legend, and he served me a pint the other week' :D

i've got a huge amount of respect for lorimer

not just because he is a leeds legend but like most great 60s and 70s players they played football and didn't have big wages unlike todays pansies

they turned up 5 days a week and got by on a slightly better than average national wage

and the guy is so friendly, i remember my first time in that pub and my mates said you might get served by lorimer - i said yeah right like lorimer serves behind a bar, they were right i was star struck and got his autograph lol

a really nice guy

yes they had high payed players but compared to today none of them had stupid amounts

Well they were either highly paid or on just over minimum wage? Which is it?

It's all relative, they were bloody well paid compared to the ordinary man and it riles me when people get on as if they were hard done by. It must have been tough getting up early and playing football all day, then going to the pub! Really puts life in the pits in perspective eh.

Well they were either highly paid or on just over minimum wage? Which is it?

It's all relative, they were bloody well paid compared to the ordinary man and it riles me when people get on as if they were hard done by. It must have been tough getting up early and playing football all day, then going to the pub! Really puts life in the pits in perspective eh.

you're completely wrong

80% of premiership players today never have to work again

90% of the division 1 teams of the 60s 70s all had to go on to get normal jobs to make ends meet - apart from the ones that took up management or coaching

you're completely wrong

80% of premiership players today never have to work again

90% of the division 1 teams of the 60s 70s all had to go on to get normal jobs to make ends meet - apart from the ones that took up management or coaching

How is he wrong?

He's saying its all relative to the context of the era. If those players were playing in these financial times (disregarding the current fincancial situation of course) they would be earning exactly the same ammout as players do these days. Nothing has changed, everybodies wages have gone up since the 60' and 70's, not just footballers.

Where did you get those figures from? Do you have a link to the stats?

yes, unfortunatly the link is broken :p

ask yourself then why peter lorimer (one of the greatest 70's players) is owning and running a pub to make ends meet?

i doubt we will see christiano ronaldo running a pub to get by

Archived