Why doesn't anyone wanna come to Man City?

Jokes aside, I bid 20mil for Lucas from Liverpool, offer him 140k a week with 7mil signing on fee and a key player role and he rejects..

pretty ridiculous if you ask me.. if they can lure robinho surely they can get Lucas leiva

Jokes aside, I bid 20mil for Lucas from Liverpool, offer him 140k a week with 7mil signing on fee and a key player role and he rejects..

pretty ridiculous if you ask me.. if they can lure robinho surely they can get Lucas leiva

I think you have a big difference there. People are getting confused with Robinho. He left because A: he didn't like it at real madrid, B: he wasn't needed/wanted at real madrid and C: only city were stupid enough to offer that much money for him.

I doubt Lucas would be in the same shoes.

Look at it this way...would you rather be on the fringes of the starting 11 of the team top of the league and in the cl at the age of 20 earning more money than you can spend in a week...ooor play for a team just out of the bottom 3 and in the waffa cup and not be anymore than a starting 11 player than you were before just for more money than you don't need?

i'm city and i'm gettin all sorts of top players coming!

montolivo, obafemi martins, sakho, edgar castillo, saivet, van der vaart,

monto's on 84K

martins 40K

saivet 65 *the only one i think is a bit high*

vdv 65

sakho 23

the only one who i didnt get was due to the club not accepting - diarra

and i've had a few who didnt want to come as they didnt feel it was the right move this early in their career, mazzarini, marin,

owen wants to consider a move at the end of season

benzema's club wouldnt accept 40m

I think, when you mention the wage difference (8k current to 140k offer + 7mill signing fee!) it's quite strange he wouldnt go. We could imagine various scenarios as to why he wouldnt in real life (maybe hes awaiting salary increase, promised more game time blah blah) but in the world of FM... that kind of salary change should do all the talking.

What is your previous experience setting?

Automatic.. ill try again with International Footballer and see if it makes a difference

btwi was wrong, lucas is on 20k, but still a 7 x increase on your pay in such a region would lure anyone to Man City bar the very very loyal imo

From 8k a week to 140k and 7 million in your pocket, any player would move almost anywhere, never mind just a few miles within the same country. Very unrealistic that Lucas would turn that deal down.

Right now I'm a manager in my job in Philly, but for a huge pay raise and a huge bonus I'd take a demotion and put a few miles on my commute, no problem.

sorry mate but Martins, Saivet etc. Aren't what you would call world class like Robinho... I can sign Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing etc. who are arguably better than your signings, who are all good players, but they only sign because they are at clubs who haven't got high reputations like Man U, Liverpool etc.

But I can't get Lucas for 140k a week, 7mil signing bonus and 28k goal and appearence bonuses

The game is messed up as it doesn't take into account wages offered even if they're astronomical and only whether the club is bigger than the player's current club or not

Money isn't everything to some of these players though. Some of them like the area/want to win trophies/are loyal/want to become legends/want to be at big clubs. I remember a while back Figo turned down a big money move to the Middle East (aka Man City) but opted to stay with Inter(aka Big club)

with city there rep is low and i found this after doing 2 carrers with them one lasting 7 season and one lasting 5 seasons but back to the point :) what you have to do is win things, finish higher and sign the best players you can and your rep will soon start to increase the same with any team really :thup:

Good Luck

Another way to raise your rep is to use an in game editor but there are downfalls to doing this such as higher rep = more expectations and if you put it to full you should win everygame which wont happen lol

Again Good Luck :thup:

all players dont play for money, Robinho didn't join because of the money he joined because he was treated very badly by R.Madrid and he would have joined any club that had a bid accepted.

Players have some sense of dignity and pride and no-one wants to be looked at like a money-grabbing-whore by his fellow professionals, journalists and fellow countrymen.

Archived