LLM money

hi.

Im managing as Barnet in League 2 and its not that big a club.

In my second season I am Waaay under the wage budget and using loads of youth players in the squad but we're still always losing loads of money. it keeps going into the red and beyone VERY quickly and im a good 5 and a half k under the wage budget. As a team its uber tight wages for league 2

how can i ever get/keep the team in the black and hopefully make money?

it seems impossible!

advice please. thanks

PS: realisticly the squad and wages is almost as small as i can make it to stay in league 2!

how can i make money?

The wage budget does not determine a level at which your club will break even, turn a profit or make a loss. It is purely an amount that the board feel is acceptable for the club to pay out each week/month/year given your club's current financial state.

Typically if you're in the LLM realm that is a value at which you have a chance of turning a profit if you have a decent cup run and push for promotion.

Yep its tough and progress is slow.

My Bournemouth team are -500k (although now flying high in L2 which means this season could help)

Media comments usually start "cash strapped Bournemouth play at home....." etc.

I am in my 3rd season and money would be much worse if I hadn't sold some of my better players. Remember richer clubs will pay much more than a players value if they really want them.

Also loan quality players without paying wages and if their is a player that you really want then you can sometimes get away with paying in instalments.

If i do get promoted this season I am still going to probably have to sell players which will mean next season will be a grind but thats all part of the challenge.

Sell some players... I know it sucks to get rid of that young 21/22 year old talent you've been nurturing for a few seasons, but he can get you a good 300-500k. At this level (up to league 2 maximum I'd say) it's still well possible to have youth players or just other very young talents performing very well very soon in your team, so my suggestion would be to use that situation.

Sell one or two of your top players for around 400k and get in either a talent from your youths or buy a talented youth (17-19 tops) for up to 50k

That's how I usually go about it in those lower regions of the footballing spectrum ;)

i think hirings out of the question. it will put the club in the reds. dont want it to go bust. i have big ambitions lol

i cant imagine being able to find a good enough player to sell him for 300k

buying players would probably be stupid aswell seeing as the clubs flirting with debt

If you have your wage budget down so low I can't see how you can still be losing money. On the other hand make your team more attractive and maybe sign a nice player for free or something, win more games because more fans will show up to your home matches if you are winning.

my revised tactics seemed to be working great, went on a great unbeaten run. then had the exact opposite run with same tactics lol. the squad was rock bottom morale the whole season just because i offered low bonuses.

trying to sell some of my best players now. hopefully get some big offers. then try get some friendlies.

dont want to lose too many players tho cause i got a willing to die for team spirit

my revised tactics seemed to be working great, went on a great unbeaten run. then had the exact opposite run with same tactics lol. the squad was rock bottom morale the whole season just because i offered low bonuses.

trying to sell some of my best players now. hopefully get some big offers. then try get some friendlies.

dont want to lose too many players tho cause i got a willing to die for team spirit

Don't expect to have all the money you get available for transfers right away though. Actually you might only get a tiny amount... I've been in a similar situation with my balance and you only get 0% - 10% of the transfer income available for new transfers. But at least it'll lift a large part of your depth...

You have any promising players in your youth team that could take over from the players you are planning to sell?

It used to be far too easy to make money in the English lower leagues. Now it seems they have got it very close. Very few lower league teams are able to make a profit, though with prudent managements, some good performances and some luck, it is possible.

im forest green in the bsp, and always go into debt after half a season or so, but break even by the start of the new season thanks to the sponsorship deals and sale of players.

however, this season, i managed to get a decent winning streak in the league and managed to crank up the attendance levels a bit and help with the balance, keeping it at around 2-10k in the black.

Edit: my bank balance just shot up like mad, as i met arsenal away at the fa cup 3rd round, and although i lost 7-1, the tv revenue and gate receipts helped me get around a million pounds!

well done for getting to the 3rd round Onizuka!

lol apart from the young players i already promoted the whole of the rest are awfull

any tips on tough fa cup matches Onizuka? change to 433? it used to work well in fm07, it still work?

cheers

If you loan 4 players valued let's say around 1M ( someone surelly will acept to play in league 2 ), better if one per section so a GK, 1 DF 1 MF and 1 ST it will be definitely better, without paying for the salary of course. Then you can also hire every 3 months a short term player,same speech as above.

Promote best reserves players from reserves and from youth to first team and sell, sell , sell at least 6/7 players with high salary and poor performances. Sell the scout, do that by your own,it is better.Keep one physio only,a cheap one.

This is the only way to fight for the playoffs. Also luck or bad luck play a fundamental role.

I am £100K in the red as Braintree in season 3. Almost all of the debt came in the first season when I didn't really pay attention to my finances. Season 2 I made around £40K due to a good run in the league.

Doing well really brings in the attendance, and like others have said, you may have to sell players. There are always plenty of cheap players around or loanees.

Okay thanks but most of my money is getting spent on ground maintenance and I'm not sure why?

Because lower-league grounds require more upkeep to prevent it from being lost to the elements.

I am £100K in the red as Braintree in season 3. Almost all of the debt came in the first season when I didn't really pay attention to my finances. Season 2 I made around £40K due to a good run in the league.

Doing well really brings in the attendance, and like others have said, you may have to sell players. There are always plenty of cheap players around or loanees.

Best is to sign the ex-Prem or ex-Championship players after trial days if you can, without paying them too much in signing on fees.

Well i got a tottenham reserve on loan in the form of Andy Bacham and also got a Leicester city reserve on loan whom both are pretty good, i also got Stuart Bulloch for 1 grand from the Perth Glory who's doing a superb job in am but I cant seem to win I always draw lol

I started out in league 2. Kept losing money no matter what so after awhile I thought sod it and aimed for promotion. Managed to get it, doing good in league 1 and within the wagebudget and still losing money. It is pretty much a no win situation. Thinking of pushing for promotion again to see what happens, I just hope I can manage to stay ahead of recievership untill the end of the season as a pointdeduction will fail that plan.

Archived