FM09,Long term games,impossible ?

For me, it's been the same throughout. Saving doesn't even take that long. Do you have a lot of leagues running?

Also, you could try lowering the detail level for certain competitions by going to Options --> Detail Level

For me, it's been the same throughout. Saving doesn't even take that long. Do you have a lot of leagues running?

Also, you could try lowering the detail level for certain competitions by going to Options --> Detail Level

I'll try that,Also is it because my C drive has only 35% free space?

thanks

He is right. As the size of the saved-game file grows, processing becomes slower. It is a fact. Depends on the database and the number of leagues played. Those playing with one or two nations with small or medium database, or those with really powerful computers may not notice this, but he is absolutely right.

No. The game is just slow. (probably the most cpu intensive game on the market by far)

While I agree there are player's that find the game very slow it is no-where near the most cpu intensive game on the market,Alot of people are playing this game on older pc's that much I have seen in these forums but if you try to play just about any mmo like say warhammer on line then you will see just what cpu intensive really means.

35% of what? if you have any sort of reasonable drive - even 80gb - that would leave you with 20 odd gb free and that won't be the cause of your problem.

I've a 45 GB C drive

Looks like,I will have to pay attention to the recommended setup while setting up a game

He is right. As the size of the saved-game file grows, processing becomes slower. It is a fact. Depends on the database and the number of leagues played. Those playing with one or two nations with small or medium database, or those with really powerful computers may not notice this, but he is absolutely right.

While thats true, if you have a great setup then you won't be likely to see much change unless you load alot of leagues.

I've noticed this too and I'm only in my third season. I have a 2.4ghz dual core/3 gb ram and it takes around ~10 minutes of processing in between games. I had a lot more leagues in FM08 and never experienced such a long processing time. I'm hoping that this is addressed by the upcoming patch.

In FM08, as you progress in the game, I noticed that saving/loading takes longer, but the processing time between games stays the same. In FM09, my saving/loading has been very fast, but the processing time in the third season has made it almost impossible to continue.

There used to be a "Save Game Cleaner" for Football Manager 2007, which pretty much removed all the "unnecessary" stuff (i.e. player histories, league histories, recent match PKMs, etc.), but there hasn't been one out for a while. Wish that there was a tool still being developed.

Used to be fun - my Xerez year 2025+ game ran almost as fast as it was in 2006-2007, with the slowdown probably due to a larger number of people in the database.

While I agree there are player's that find the game very slow it is no-where near the most cpu intensive game on the market,Alot of people are playing this game on older pc's that much I have seen in these forums but if you try to play just about any mmo like say warhammer on line then you will see just what cpu intensive really means.

I looked at the benchmarks for warhammer and it doesnt look like a very demanding game. I should have no problems running it with every detail on in high res. The same cant be said for FM on my machine and thats using the default settings where pretty much every league is set to low processing. Just imagine what kind of machine would be necessary to run FM with every option on. I dont think its going to be possible in the next 5 years.

I looked at the benchmarks for warhammer and it doesnt look like a very demanding game. I should have no problems running it with every detail on in high res. The same cant be said for FM on my machine and thats using the default settings where pretty much every league is set to low processing. Just imagine what kind of machine would be necessary to run FM with every option on. I dont think its going to be possible in the next 5 years.

Sorry the point I was making with the MMo's (I should have just used a spg instead)is when you get around 200 people on your screen at once with spells flying everywhere you need I good cpu/ram/gfxcard.

If you even look at the min specs for games today and put them against football manager there is a big difference.

I see people posting here that the game runs ok on there 1.3ghz pc now that wont run alot of todays games at all you are looking at twice that just to reach min specs.

Edit -I would add that I played Warhammer online and my system is a decent build with dual core@2.66,4gb ram,32Vista and 8800gt 512mb and I had it set to medium/high so it was playable.

I ran Disk Clean up on my C Drive and the speed has improved,although it is still slow.I'll now do the same to the other drives too now,Hope that the game gets faster

Cleaning up drives that the game is not installed on will have no effect.

Unless for some reason you run several memory hungry programs at the same time and they are all on different hard drives.

Archived