Football Manager 2009 : Arsenal edition

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I just say that if people use this thread as another excuse to discuss Arsenal being "too good" then it will be closed.

The fact this has been released does not indicate any deal we have to make Arsenal "strong" in-game (pre-empting this one).

Please dont mention the "Arsenal being too good" myth!!

I would like to know more about this new version before buying it as I already have brough FM09 once.

Arsenal.com announced earlier that Arsenal and SI have come to a deal to release a special Arsenal addition of FM09.

Are there any screenshots out there of the Arsenal skin which was mentioned??

So a football manager which is more arsenal based? does this mean you could only manage arsenal? in this case stick to the original i'd say

So a football manager which is more arsenal based? does this mean you could only manage arsenal? in this case stick to the original i'd say

Stick to the orginal subject please. I dont want this thread closed due to someones rants!!

Ah right so its the rights for Arsenal. I get it now....

Still with all the facepacks out there, still makes me think..

This is the reason i'm asking. I've customised my FM09 already so if there is not anything extra on there that I've already got, then no point buying it!!

Will the stadium in 3D being a replica of Ashburton??

This is the reason i'm asking. I've customised my FM09 already so if there is not anything extra on there that I've already got, then no point buying it!!

Will the stadium in 3D being a replica of Ashburton??

i imagine it would be a waste of money really through all the facepacks etc. But each to there own really.

Thats a good question about the stadium...

Sounds sweet for all the gooners out there. Is this a one-off, or will there be extra editions available for other clubs? I'd love a Middlesborough version. My smoggy wife is just getting into the game as her hometown club, and I think a boro-centric edition would help keep her interest.

Lol, I thought it was just called Football Manager 2009? The irony is great but anyway, I recall this being done by CM a few years back with various clubs and I bought the Stoke City version, my god it was awful.

Obviously can't blame you lot for doing it, its a chance for extra revenue by repackaging the game with a few cheap changes, but I wouldn't have too high expectations for it being of equal or greater value than the original game.

Arsenal.com announced earlier that Arsenal and SI have come to a deal to release a special Arsenal addition of FM09.

Are there any screenshots out there of the Arsenal skin which was mentioned??

Wow! Which part of the Arsenal website is this piece of news released at though? I would love to read it and then cry a little on the inside for not having waited for this special edition to be released before buying FM09. :(

It would have been much better for such special editions to have been released along with the normal edition of the game. Although I suppose it is a marketing ploy aimed at continuing high volumes of sales after the initial release.

Wow! Which part of the Arsenal website is this piece of news released at though? I would love to read it and then cry a little on the inside for not having waited for this special edition to be released before buying FM09. :(

It would have been much better for such special editions to have been released along with the normal edition of the game. Although I suppose it is a marketing ploy aimed at continuing high volumes of sales after the initial release.

For some reason its been take off the Arsenal website! Maybe SI wanted to issue the news first but Arsenal jumped the gun??

Ah sounds good, I wish it had been out on release date though obviously that's not viable commercially. But if it had, I'd have bought it, and now obviously I won't.

I agree with you, thats why i'm sure there must be some kind of content that we can't currently get through various websites. Like the 3D stadium, i'm just hoping but a full detailed list would be good SI??

Ah ok, well I will wait for SI to release the news officially then. Still, it will not change the fact that I already have a copy of FM 09 and will not being buying another one, Gunner or not heh.

Exactly & i am sure many other people will think the same.

I see where SI are coming from in letting it happen.

But still come on its not viable is it? Facepacks Etc....

Its a good idea, especially if other clubs start to get their own versions! Are there any plans for this? Its a bit like the Champions League FIFA game you could get a few years back, where you could buy a copy as Celtic, Liverpool, Man U etc. Although, they aren't around anymore i dont think, wonder why ;)

The CM series have done it and EA have done it, I don't think either had any real success with it, its a marketing gimmick to try and shift a few more copies, but they are far too limiting, you can only be in charge of the one team which does limit gameplay significantly. Lets face it, theres only so many spins you could put on starting a new game as the same team.

The CM series have done it and EA have done it, I don't think either had any real success with it, its a marketing gimmick to try and shift a few more copies, but they are far too limiting, you can only be in charge of the one team which does limit gameplay significantly. Lets face it, theres only so many spins you could put on starting a new game as the same team.

You haven't fully read the thread! Its not like them other games!! This is a full version of FM09 but with an Arsenal skin, facepacks, etc all pre-loaded and official!

This is so pointless isn't it You can get an arsenal skin, you can get Arsenal facepacks, you can get Arsenal kits and Logos so it's basically just licensed Arsenal thats it no point in buying tbh.

+ Im an arsenal fan

If there was exclusive content within the game then I might think about shelling out for it. But i'd need a feature list from SI first. 3D stadium might swing it!

Is this a new version to buy? I already bought FM so will there be a download available to update my current version? Not quite sure whats going on here lol.

Its not a new version but FM09 with new Arsenal skin, facepack, etc. Same full game but just marketed at Gooners!! I'm sure SI will do the same for other big clubs at the same time.

another hero .....

I agree with baker.simon. This thread was started to discuss the new Arsenal version of FM09, not for people to have sly digs at SI. I'm sorry you dont like the game but please dont use this thread as a vehicle to vent your frustration. Thanks.

This is so pointless isn't it You can get an arsenal skin, you can get Arsenal facepacks, you can get Arsenal kits and Logos so it's basically just licensed Arsenal thats it no point in buying tbh.

+ Im an arsenal fan

No one's forcing you to buy this version.. :confused:

I agree with baker.simon. This thread was started to discuss the new Arsenal version of FM09, not for people to have sly digs at SI. I'm sorry you dont like the game but please dont use this thread as a vehicle to vent your frustration. Thanks.

ok it was sly, but why not concentrate on sorting out the mess the original game is in before bringing out different additions of it.

Archived