Promotion to the Premiership (nowhere near enough money from the board!!)

Sorry, no screenshots.

I've been promoted tot the Prem with Argyle, Ipswich, Forest and Sheff Wedneday...all on the new game (love the Championship!!)

My transfer budget has been between 1.5 - 2,5 million for each of these teams?

Surely a little bit too small?

I am a die hard Argyle fan and although we have a tight chairman, I know we'd get a good chunk of money!!

staying up in the prem will be the chairmans first priority! he wont lob out £15-£20m on players and then the club goes down and becomes debt ridden!

i understand that, but you show me one club, since the prem started, where they have had only 2million to spend?

It hasn't happened, especially considering its meant to be worth 60 mill!

i understand that, but you show me one club, since the prem started, where they have had only 2million to spend?

It hasn't happened, especially considering its meant to be worth 60 mill!

very very true.. it is tight. obviously not much ambition. but look at west brom, so little to work with, ok there bottom of the table haha but you get the general idea.

Strange when I got promoted on my Ipswich save I got 4.5 mil to spend to fight against relegation,are you paying alot of cash over 24 months or have a high wage bill?

If you want a bit more cash I would suggest QPR,I just got them promoted and got 9.5 mil to spend again to battle against relegation.

I agree with the OP. Have thought myself that it must be a mistake.

That's the big point here. If the club don't have £2 million then how are they going to spend £2 million.

The problem is that it becomes more complicated than this. A club also takes into account projected earnings and with the recent increase (was it one season ago?) in tv revenue a club earns 60mil extra in its first premiership year (i think that was according to Sunderland's chairman). Although it won't all be in the kitty from the start, any chairman worth his salt will know that signing someone in the summer is better than Jan (just from squad cohesion etc) and will try to front the money before it's received. I can't think of one club since the changes that haven't made a least a few multi million pound transfers.

Promotion last season was worth 60m to a club, 30m first season TV rights, and 15m per season parachute payments for 2 years if they go down. If you look at the promoted teams Stoke, Hull and West Brom have all spent heavily, in excess of 20m each, with rumours of further spending in January coming from each. Clubs don't seem to realise how much money is needed because they don't yet have it in the account and it dooms most teams as soon as they come up.

i got leeds to the premier league, my balance was 40mil at the start of the season and my wage budget was less than 150k (whereas when i had been other teams near the bottom of the premier league they had wage bills 4 times this amount) and i only got 4mil to spend and i was making huge profits each month and was filling 40,000 seater elland road, i asked for more and they didnt give me any. i got them from league 1 to premier league in 3 seasons and all i got to show for it was 4mil :( i got them to 15th in the league in january and gave the board and ultimatum for more money and then they sacked me:confused:

in jan on mine with sheff u, the clubs balance was about 7 million.i had 300,00 to spend i asked the chairman for more money because i was 19th and needed a striker and he said i should stop asking and get on with my job.

Well tbh that sounds about right,I mean if a club only has 7 mil they wont give you that in 19th place just on the off chance you do stay up,like your chairman said "get on with your job" :p

in jan on mine with sheff u, the clubs balance was about 7 million.i had 300,00 to spend i asked the chairman for more money because i was 19th and needed a striker and he said i should stop asking and get on with my job.

I think this is where the ultimatum bit needs expanding. Like when you select more transfur funds from the board request menu, perhpos having another menu to explain why you want more?

Well tbh that sounds about right,I mean if a club only has 7 mil they wont give you that in 19th place just on the off chance you do stay up,like your chairman said "get on with your job" :p

i kno spending all day outside my chairmans door lol.i only needed about 1 million tho.i loaned a few instead.plus it will be better for the club if we go down and have money in the bank.

Wow, when i hear all these stories about such short budgets, i'm starting to think mine was a bug heh.

When i finaly got Colchester promoted to EPL, first season i was given 25 milion to spend, even though i was on about zero to MINUS balance.

Next season, i was given 45 milion to spend, but i was already at UEFA.

Most of those money came from the TV rights, i got 37 milion from TV rights. And about 18 milion for my final 8th position on EPL first season.

I'm usualy about 3 milion plus each month, except this year since i am paying about 3 milion monthly transfer clauses. :-(

I guess my chairman is really generous, loves the club, and REALLY has the balls. :-)

i stayed up by 1 point reading went down.i had chelsea,reading had arsenal,we both lost,well i lost 7-0 lol.

Tell me about it, anything below 4 goals advantage against the top 4-5 teams in EPL and i consider it a success!

But i do give my very best against the middle and small teams, i win about 90% of them.

I simply cannot make a tactic to match the big teams! I was using a catenaccio but it no longer is working as it used too. I have ALWAYS had a problem against top-class players, even with big teams.

But then again, it's probably cause i'm an Inter fan, we always make sure we are consistent against the middle and small teams to win the championship. :-(

Does the ultimatum ever work for clubs with reputation higher than 5000-6000? (National)

I already tried staying at Benfica and Chelsea for years and even changing my manager reputation with an editor to 19000 (in a non-cheating kinda way 10000 is the max) and the board still sacks me... (with 85 mil, only giving me 5-7 mil to spend is just.. -.-)

I have to say my main issue with transfers hasn't been the lack of money, I can always wheel and deal a bit, its the salary structure. I like the fact I have to have a few utility players and I have to rear a few of my own budding starlets but I like to have a really strong starting 11 and worry about suspensions and injuries later and there isn't really any way to give nice big fat contracts to more than a handful of first team players. I wish there was a bit more flexibility in the salary department. None of this the board restricts you to offering 90 pounds a week!

Tell me about it, anything below 4 goals advantage against the top 4-5 teams in EPL and i consider it a success!

But i do give my very best against the middle and small teams, i win about 90% of them.

I simply cannot make a tactic to match the big teams! I was using a catenaccio but it no longer is working as it used too. I have ALWAYS had a problem against top-class players, even with big teams.

But then again, it's probably cause i'm an Inter fan, we always make sure we are consistent against the middle and small teams to win the championship. :-(

Won 90% of your games outside of the Top 4 in your first season in the premiership w/ Colchester? Really?

Won 90% of your games outside of the Top 4 in your first season in the premiership w/ Colchester? Really?

I said middle and small teams, out of the top 4, that still doesn't include Everton, Man City and Tottenham (though i did beat Totenham on one match), but other than these, i did win 80-90% of the games, if i didn't forget any of the other big teams (and no, not Aston Villa, they were relegated the year i went up, and though they have come back up, they don't have anywhere near a good team anymore).

When I went up with Forest, I asked for the money as soon as the season finished (3m), moved as much as possible into wages, and then signed a few out of contract players. I replaced about half of my team and got just enough quality to stay up, and it saved wasting larger amounts of money on transfer fees just to get one or two players. It also allowed me to buy one player a club was offering around for nothing.

Archived