I really miss the "send to ... until match fit" options

As the topic title say i really miss the send to reserve/youth team until match fit.

I understand that for you people who manage in England it's not a big problem, but for us italians guys with no reserve league (and not enough players to set up friendlys) it's really frustrating.

Only think i can do is send them to Primavera team and constantly check their form, while in FM08 i just have to wait until the game send the player back to my first team.

If SI guys read this please re-add this option in the next patches or if not possible in FM2010...

unused first team players can be made available for reserve team duties

He is in Italy which does not have a reserve league. If he makes the players available for the reserves to regain their fitness then they will not play a game.

I agree, this is actually the main reason that I have gone back to 2008. I would always send players to reserve or under 19s under match fit. It allows me to send someone down to get games, while I'm not using them or when they were injured or back in training from injury. I don't like having to look at each email to decide who should be available.

Even for those managing in England the 'Send to reserves until match fit' was much easier for me to use than how you can manage your reserves now. With the constant rotation it is not as simple as sending anyone who didn't take place in the first team game to the reserves, because you're resting most of them for the next game. So you have to find your players that are coming off an injury or out of shape individually.

Do Italian clubs have reserve squads? Because in that case what I would do (not managing an Italian club ATM but may in the future) - is arrange a series of weekly friendlies, bit tedious yeah but even if you don't have enough players, your team will be filled with greys...which probably means you get tanked but its a reserve friendly for the sole purpose of keeping your second string and getting your long term injured stars match fit.

Miss it also. Pain in the rear end having to change who's available for reserves every week.

I know they did a usability study for this release - but whoever conducted it was a muppet. The menus, send to.. option, highlight/match speed seperate sliders are all worse in this years release than they were last year.

Do Italian clubs have reserve squads? Because in that case what I would do (not managing an Italian club ATM but may in the future) - is arrange a series of weekly friendlies, bit tedious yeah but even if you don't have enough players, your team will be filled with greys...which probably means you get tanked but its a reserve friendly for the sole purpose of keeping your second string and getting your long term injured stars match fit.

When I tried doing this with in the Blue Square North in England, Even though my reserve team was filled with greys, I found that my assistant coach pulled players automatically from the first team to fill out his squad. I figured this out when my starting forward got injured in a reserve match vs my U-18 squad. When I checked the match screen regarding my intrasquad friendly, I was shocked to see 2/3 of my senior, first-teamers involved in the match.

Back back back back back back

Does my tree in making first team squad players who arent in the 16 or 18 match day available for reserves, then i forget and they are back in my match day squad but tired coz they have played a reserve game so i then have to go and deselct him again!!!:thdn:

Yeah, I second/third/fourth/"fifteenth" everyone's sentiments. The one thing I do like though is having the email/notice prior to reserve team fixtures as a reminder to pick players that need the match fitness, as I sometimes forgot to select players/missed reserve game dates in previous versions, which lack the reminder feature.

No, in case you don't have any reserve player (i send all of them on loan) the assistent choose players from my "Primavera" (U20), the problem is that the best player plays the reserve friendlies at friday and the next day they play the Primavera game too.

This is why i ask to bring this option back.

When I tried doing this with in the Blue Square North in England, Even though my reserve team was filled with greys, I found that my assistant coach pulled players automatically from the first team to fill out his squad. I figured this out when my starting forward got injured in a reserve match vs my U-18 squad. When I checked the match screen regarding my intrasquad friendly, I was shocked to see 2/3 of my senior, first-teamers involved in the match.

Ouch! Thanks for the heads up on that before I've tried it in FM09 then. If that's how it works in '09 then put me back in the bring the option back camp then!

The new system is much better in my view. I want to have players in my first team squad who are also available for the reserves. I have players who are on the bench for me every week and it's good to be able to keep them playing reserve football.

Also, once setup, I rarely have to make changes - only if there's a long term injury and one of the normal subs is going to be a first teamer for a while really.

The new system is much better in my view. I want to have players in my first team squad who are also available for the reserves. I have players who are on the bench for me every week and it's good to be able to keep them playing reserve football.

Also, once setup, I rarely have to make changes - only if there's a long term injury and one of the normal subs is going to be a first teamer for a while really.

But not every league have reserve teams.

Try manage in Italy and you can tell the difference between this system and last year system (much better in my opinion).

One thing i just don't understand is why they keep the 'Make avaible for reserve' button that clearly is optional with this new system but they remove a key feature that is not been entirely replaced by this new system.

Archived