SI, you really need to sort this out

I am bloody sick of seeing the greyed out "setting up match" screen.

I regularly maintain my laptop and I have reinstalled the game...which means I don't see the above problem for a day or two...but it soon comes back.

Are you aware of this problem? If so, do you acknowledge that it is a problem and are you working on a fix?

It really is unacceptable IMO. I paid £27 for a game that only works when it can be arsed. :thdn:

I am bloody sick of seeing the greyed out "setting up match" screen.

I regularly maintain my laptop and I have reinstalled the game...which means I don't see the above problem for a day or two...but it soon comes back.

Are you aware of this problem? If so, do you acknowledge that it is a problem and are you working on a fix?

It really is unacceptable IMO. I paid £27 for a game that only works when it can be arsed. :thdn:

I'm not sure I fully understand you. Are you objecting to the status screen that tells you the game is "setting up the match" while the game is, well, setting up the match?

A lot of people have complained about this, for some reason. I've never been sure why it's a problem.

So am I missing something here, or are they literally complaining about the status screen? They're not complaining about a bug or anything, no?

see i dont get this, thats like someone moaning about the loading screen on FIFA 09, the only difference is they let you play with a player and knock a ball about to a goal keeper. There is no pleasing some people.

Didn't they used to have football quizes on one of the earlier FM's, like FM05 maybe? You had a quiz while the game was loading or something. That was ace. Unless I'm just making it up, in which case that would be ace.

The setting up match screen doesn't affect me, because my 18 month old computer is still relatively powerful. Unfortunately, if your specs aren't what they could be, you will find loading times are longer, etc.

So it greys out for ten seconds or so while it cogitates and sets up the match? Big whoop... It has to do some crunching to set up the 3d match. How does that prevent you from playing the game as it's meant to be played? Surely you can find something a bit more substantial to whine about...

I'm refering to the status screen not changing and the game not loading up. :thdn:

What at all? So you leave your game for, say, an hour, come back and the game still hasn't loaded up? Have you installed the latest drivers for your graphics card, it may be that it's just not able to render the graphics because of this?

Drivers are all updated.

My computer is perfectly capable of handling 3D (and plays the game easily when it loads up)

Yes, running in windowed mode

And yes, the greyed out "setting up match" screen would be there for an hour if I left it that long.

Thanks for the helpful/objective posts though...they are appreciated.

Hi, Matt, I'm pretty anal about maintaining my machine, it's always cleaned, updated and generally well looked after.

I don't have a problem playing the game most of the time, but after the first week or so of owning the full release, it started freezing on the "setting up match" screen every now and then, I re-installed the other day and it was fine for a day or two, then it started again, it seems to happen every 10 games or so and I have to reload several times in order to get it to run.

i'd turn off any additonal match day stuff that you don't need, to save on CPU time and RAM usage.

I turn off the 'sound' and 'stadium' in the preferences menu, and remove the advertising boards around the pitch, to see if that helps!

3D wouldn't work at all on my laptop, 2D was fine though.

3D works fine on my PC, but I switch off the above, as I don't really need them....

the "match day" takes around 6-10 seconds to load for me, I think - about the same as the other game processing (results calculations, progress from day-to-day etc)....

Hi,

I've asked our QA team to contact you so we can get you testing 9.2 beta, if you are interested of course :)

Paul

I am certainly willing to give it go!

I do enjoy playing the game when it loads up...I'm just a bit frustrated with it at the moment.

Thank you for trying to help.

So it greys out for ten seconds or so while it cogitates and sets up the match? Big whoop... It has to do some crunching to set up the 3d match. How does that prevent you from playing the game as it's meant to be played? Surely you can find something a bit more substantial to whine about...

It takes 3-4 minutes to set up the match. THAT IS A PROBLEM.

i suffer from the same problem. i turn on my p.c, load up fm and pick my team for the first game of the new session. without fail it locks up, i go into task manager and fm isn't responding. more often than not it does it again but will work fine with no problems on the third restart. had a look in the tech forum and there are many other people this is happening too. there is no problem with my p.c or graphics card. its a £2k gaming machine that is little more than a month old and it has run many more graphically demanding games than this without problems.

paulc. if you need any more 9.2 beta testers let me know. whilst this isn't the worst problem in the world its still a pain in the arse

i suffer from the same problem. i turn on my p.c, load up fm and pick my team for the first game of the new session. without fail it locks up, i go into task manager and fm isn't responding. more often than not it does it again but will work fine with no problems on the third restart.

This is exactly what is happening to me, but on random games, not the start of a new season.

Although, ironically, since I started this whiney-ass thread, it's only happened to me once or twice...instead of a couple of times a day. :o

Archived