Whats the point in a demo?? I was tricked into purchase!!

I make the point of a demo as being for potential customers/ consumers to test a product before purchase

I wasn't going to buy it because i thought my graphics werent up to scratch, HOWEVER seing as 2d mode worked fine in the demo I thought, sod it il get it, now heres the real clever part the game that plays fine as a demo wont even start up thanks to my graphics card shock horror not being up to it!!! meaning .... I was NEVER a potential consumer, I was lured in like a confidence trick from the real hustle!!!

Could someone please point me to the money back quee?

I make the point of a demo as being for potential customers/ consumers to test a product before purchase

I wasn't going to buy it because i thought my graphics werent up to scratch, HOWEVER seing as 2d mode worked fine in the demo I thought, sod it il get it, now heres the real clever part the game that plays fine as a demo wont even start up thanks to my graphics card shock horror not being up to it!!! meaning .... I was NEVER a potential consumer, I was lured in like a confidence trick from the real hustle!!!

Could someone please point me to the money back quee?

I've a feeling this sentiment will be echoed all weekend.

Yup ive tried the patch and the several styles of logging in, how the hell can the demo be fine on BOTH my pc and laptop and then reject both graphics cards, theyve dropped a bollok as far as im concerned

You got the old bait and switch. Good thing to see SI pulling out all the stops to make sure a fool and their money...oh wait a customer and their money are soon parted.

Yup ive tried the patch and the several styles of logging in, how the hell can the demo be fine on BOTH my pc and laptop and then reject both graphics cards, theyve dropped a bollok as far as im concerned

I was under the impression the demo and the full game were exactly the same code (they release the demo after the game has gone gold - ie gone for burning onto DVD). In which case it seems very strange that the demo would work but the full game not.

ever thought about updating your graphics Card drivers ? silly as it seems ...

Also if you still want to play the lovely game, just go out and buy a compatitible graphics card. You can easily get 1 for next to nothing.

I don't want to sound like I'm ragging on you or anything but did you turn off "Enable 3D match camera! in the Display & Sound options?

I have zero problems with 2D or 3D on my main rig (which is well above the recommended spec) and my spare PC (which is as old as the stars themselves).

I don't want to sound like I'm ragging on you or anything but did you turn off "Enable 3D match camera! in the Display & Sound options?

I have zero problems with 2D or 3D on my main rig (which is well above the recommended spec) and my spare PC (which is as old as the stars themselves).

Dont think the game will even get that far, think it crashes on loading

I dont get that far mate it chucks me out saying im not graphics compatable, I know what ur saying because i did that in the demo and also i get what the previous fella is saying that i can go out and buy a new card,

but the arguement still remains why the hell was my graphics card good enough to run the demo on, which i bought the game on the basis of, and im sure many others did too, for it to then not be good enough to run the game, my cards certainly havent changed have they, im sure some peops are following my logic

• SI Staff

If the error you are getting is "Failed to set up graphics system", then the answer to your issue is both in here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62379 and also in the sticky thread at the top of the page about activation and update.

If it is a different error, then please post of the technical support forums with full details of the problem.

The boxed copy code and demo code are the same. The patch code is different - you could also try uninstalling the game, and re-installing without installing the patch (choosing the Uniloc rather than STEAM route) and see if that works for you for now.

hey miles is d problem with failed graphics pcs fault or games.im no wiz at computers just know how 2 play games someting dis 1 is very confusin in doin.wat can i do to fix it.i tried un installing and re installin on uniloc ting.still no joy.all my other fms worked on dis pc and still do..

hey miles is d problem with failed graphics pcs fault or games.im no wiz at computers just know how 2 play games someting dis 1 is very confusin in doin.wat can i do to fix it.i tried un installing and re installin on uniloc ting.still no joy.all my other fms worked on dis pc and still do..

I have no idea what that says.

basically serpico i want to know if the problem is to do with my pc or if it is an issue with the game, because all of the other football manager games i own still work on this pc. Please help if you can.

Fixed before someone gets a headache

may want to try fully typing all the words rather than text speak, you'll find people will be alot more willing to help ;)

Fixed before someone gets a headache

may want to try fully typing all the words rather than text speak, you'll find people will be alot more willing to help ;)

good to know.unfortunately i already have a headache.i want to play the game so much it physically hurts i think.

Archived