I wany an apology!

This activation is a complete and utter disaster, I book the day off work so i can get up early and nip to the asda and pick up my copy of fm09. So far so good, get in uninstall demo and put in new fm09 disc, i'm getting exited now. It goes through fine, now i just need to activated it. But then i try that am i can't make out the keycode is it an 0 or a o or an i or a 1, as i've got 3 of each this is gonna be a bitch, never mind i'll crack it.

Ok i put my first code in and hope, you aren't connected to the internet! WTF yes i am. so now not only do I not know my code (i am now aware of the webpage that find's this, but how many thousands won't?) i can't activate it cause si or sega are usin some tinpot company, did you not expect this i mean you know how popular it is and people will want to play.

this i s a absolute joke i've been sittin on my thumbs for 5 hrs tryin to active it, and to say i'm mad is an understatement. We are all owed at the very least a very humble apology!

gggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I just wanna play a game i've paid for! fricky ridiculous!

i'm that mad i can't even spell want!!!!!!

Sega have apologised in other threads. The problem has been with uniloc server overload.

but surely they must have realised the demand for the game? I didn't buy my game from uniloc I bought it from sega/si. so that's who i want some explanations off!

haha, get over it.

I'd be pretty annoyed if I'd booked the day off work and wouldn't be able to actually play the game. I almost did, after reading a few threads I'm glad I saved myself the £200 and spent the day working hard, now I'm considering saving myself another £25 and not get the game for the first time since CM1 tbh.

haha, get over it.

What's your malfunction, son? How about before you post next time sunshine, you actually weigh up whether or not your post is in anyway constructive.

"haha, get over it." to someone who is obviously, and righlty so, aggrieved at this shambles of a system at the moment is not constructive in anyones book. You watch yourself son or next time you might find a ban is just around the corner.

No doubt that something will be published in due course explaining what has happened definitively, but at this moment in time the focus is on fixing the problem. The servers are being updated too with new information which may account for a delay too. Hopefully it will be fixed soon so that people can get on with playing the game. As soon as somebody says anything about when this may be then it will be circulated throughout this forum.

sorry JJAy but the problem is with the way SI are beginning to treat their "consumers"; UniLoc isn't working yes but since when was it a decent thing to do, making people have to decipher the di Vinci code just to play a game.

i have respect for the effort SI put in to their works but the implementation of such systems does nothing but give their "consumers" problems.

like it or not since SI have moved to SEGA there has been an ever widening gap between themselves & the community who's purchases brought them to SEGAs attention. for all their apologies & such the facts are i've bought an item that isn't suitable for sale, i don't care if it's fixed in a hour; i bought it 5 hours ago & @ my time of purchase i was under the false pretense that the game actually works. an apology is free & in the grand scheme of things means nothing; they made their little YouTube vids months ago & sold this game on hype; the fact they didn't even guarantee the game would be playable is offensive.

From Sega with regards to updating pages:

Hi,

Those that haven't found the forums will find it more difficult it's true. We are updating the webpages as well and hoping to get a message out through retail as well. However, we hope to have a solution to the Uniloc code readability issue which is causing the vast majority of issues one way or another

Thanks

Ben

I doubt he would get a ban for that comment,

the mods have been apologising in many a thread and they have said what they think the problem is and are working on it,starting a thread just for them to apologise again is just being childish,yes people are fustrated and I bet SI are just as fustrated so how about cutting them a bit of slack with the angry threads.

this is an absolute joke! Whoever thought this was a good idea should get the boot! 2 hours now and I still can't use my code, and I have done all the pre-install checks mentioned in other threads, can't even find someone who can care to explain what error code [-703] is!

Always held FM and SI in high regard, but it is fast deminishing with this absolute shambles!

I think more than apology is needed..... refunds? Or FM2010 released for half price? If i knew this was going to happen, there is no way I would have spent £30 on this game! Like many others, have probably taken the day off to play this, maybe SI should pay for my days wages?

What is wrong with just inserting the disc in the DVD Rom drive, installing and playing?

Couldn't agree more.

first the o ands 0's problem, then problems with steam. NOW SoftAnchor. "Please check you internet connection". ok if you say so!!

SI, you messed up big time.

what happened to buying a disk installing it, and then you play the game?

So im still sitting here trying to get softanchor its finger out!

this is an absolute joke! Whoever thought this was a good idea should get the boot! 2 hours now and I still can't use my code, and I have done all the pre-install checks mentioned in other threads, can't even find someone who can care to explain what error code [-703] is!

Always held FM and SI in high regard, but it is fast deminishing with this absolute shambles!

I think more than apology is needed..... refunds? Or FM2010 released for half price? If i knew this was going to happen, there is no way I would have spent £30 on this game! Like many others, have probably taken the day off to play this, maybe SI should pay for my days wages?

What is wrong with just inserting the disc in the cd rom drive, installing and playing?

I just hope that this catastrophe don't happen again next year! I hope that SI would take all of this into account for FM 2010!!

Without in any way wanting to sound facetious, because you'd need to put it in a DVD rom drive.

dvd rom drive then! i think people will get the idea!

At the end of the day this is a farce!

SI & Sega now how popular this game is.... so they know they're going to shift a fair few copies, so get some people involved who have decent enough server's for people to activate their code! How hard can it be?

Good post to the OP

I can't get the game to activate...I've never even heard of steam but thought it would be good.

In the book, the installation instructions should be clearer.

also, not everyone has the internet. i know you can activate by phone, but looking through threads even that isn't working at the moment.

I'm lucky in a way, as i didn't need to pay for the game. I didn't book day off work as I've recently been made redundant.

It's an absolute farce and like has been side, wait until school and work finishes!

Not long now and it's going to get worse

I don't think SI should apologize.

Sure this has been nothing short of a disaster, but it's SI's prerogative to implement DRM to protect their product.

I won't be buying it though (can't be asked with the hassle) and I know many people are thinking of returning the game and getting a refund if they haven't done so already.

oh joy it gets worse, finaly i get through and it's says it's not a valid code! i've been on the website that is supposed to decipher it for you as well. so i go back to said web page type it in a gain and low an behold it gives me a different one. What a complete balls up this is. Oh well i should be playing by tomorrow! if this code works FFS!

Its a shame this new method introduced hasnt worked out very well

While its easy to blame SI, they are relying on others to do there job properly..... i.e uniloc and steam etc

But in all fairness it doesnt bother me because i have a MAC and dont need any activation as its still the old system of placing the DVD in the drive! love it

good luck guys, hope it gets sorted soon

I don't think SI should apologize.

Sure this has been nothing short of a disaster, but it's SI's prerogative to implement a activation process to protect their product.

I won't be buying it though (for the first time in over a decade), can't be asked with the hassle, and I know many people are thinking of returning the game and getting a refund if they haven't done so already.

Can't wait for FM2010!

My knowledge on pirating games is non-existant..... but seeing as you have always needed to have the disc to play FM, surely that is pretty safe in itself?

I can't quite understand the need for this ridiculous system, 3 and a half hours now and counting..... I think I have a greater chance of sleeping with a nun than playing this game today!

• SI Staff

Apologies to everyone for the problems today but I can assure you getting the activation system back up and running 100% is our prime concern. We don't want anyone going off with any nuns or anything!

Problems with activations online.

A patch having to be released immediately to correct errors.

Website slow and unable to cope with irritable customers.

A school boy error with the code being hard to read.

......................etc

They used to say 'Only in America', they now say 'only with SI/Sega'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies to everyone for the problems today but I can assure you getting the activation system back up and running 100% is our prime concern. We don't want anyone going off with any nuns or anything!

The trouble is once you have sorted the activation, we will still have a game filled with bugs. Does anyone believe for a minute that we won't see a repeat of 2007 and 2008 cycle of patches? Take 2008 - it took a wait of nearly 6 months to get a decent running game with something approaching realistic reactions and action. Whenever I finally get this abomination of a release to work -if this first patch doesn't fix the problems of the demo and create other ones then I'm going to hang up FM boots for good.

No way do I want to, or can be bothered to, go back to all the frustration that the previous games created, it's supposed to be fun ffs!

See, I'm so disappointed I have actually decided to post in a forum instead of lurking!! Hopefully my next post on here will be about taking Bristol City to Champions League glory (I really hope the game get's up and running this weekend anyway.)

Ryds

Football Manager hat, is wayyyyyyy to big for SI.

When will they start offering some service??

More trouble than fun: steam, 3rd party aplications, i tunes, podcasts, activation, release dates, rude moderators AND A GAME FILLED WITH BUGS.

When will they understand that they are not doing the FM community a favor with releasing this game.

THEY GET PAYED TO DO THIS!!!

Mmm. . . the Mac-users kind of understands that. Since we´re not getting the update, we cant play the bloody game either!

Why buy it then ryds if its riddled with bugs? And for the record its not once you get the first patch

For the same reason everyone else buys it - because they hope and expect that their hard-earned will get them a functioning game.

i haven't got mine to work yet, have you got yours to and installed the patch? because for the record, the FM2008 1st patch didn't cure the riddled with bugs problem.

Archived