Injury bug announcement??

With the game so close to being upon us I wonder, does anyone know or has anyone heard anything about the definite fixing of the injury bug?

Paul C said he was going to look into it whilst consulting with physioroom.com before deciding whether to address the issue or not.

I for one think that injuries occurr far too frequently and am getting nervous as to whether SI will change the code or not.

Anyone know anything more on this?

• SI Staff

Its been reduced for the patch. Whether its reduced enough to keep everyone happy is another matter but then it wouldnt be realistic if people didnt moan about it a bit ;)

I reckon 33% is about on the money.

33%

Of course it's hard, no, impossible, to conclude a trend from one sample but in my situation that would be cool. I had 20-ish players, six injured - all of them forwards, leaving me without a single player who could play further forward than AM. Could be a total accident of course, but with 33% less, at least I'd have some forwards left :D

There are always a ton of injuries pre-season. It's also the length of time they were out for that was causing me concern. First friendly I had 2 players out for three months each, two days later another 1-month lay-off, and in the next match another two-month injury. Perhaps it was my training, because when I changed it I only had one more injury before the end of the transfer window - FIVE months.

Lucky for me they were lots of different positions, so not really a problem.

Its been reduced for the patch. Whether its reduced enough to keep everyone happy is another matter but then it wouldnt be realistic if people didnt moan about it a bit ;)

I reckon 33% is about on the money.

Fabulous stuff Paul. Thanks for the quick reply.

Have been loving the demo but for the injuries. Can't wait till' Friday now!! Good times! :)

With the game so close to being upon us I wonder, does anyone know or has anyone heard anything about the definite fixing of the injury bug?

Paul C said he was going to look into it whilst consulting with physioroom.com before deciding whether to address the issue or not.

I for one think that injuries occurr far too frequently and am getting nervous as to whether SI will change the code or not.

Anyone know anything more on this?

I am not so much worried about injuries (which I didnt really experience any big problems with in the demo and SI already said they would fix it) as I am worried about fitness. My players finish matches sometimes with 50%, it never happened in any previous version of FM no matter how much match fitness they were lacking (and this is match fit players anyway I see at 50% frequently). Benitez always gets criticised for his rotation policy, I need to rotate 10 players (goalkeeper fitness not a problem) basically for every match I play.

I am not so much worried about injuries (which I didnt really experience any big problems with in the demo and SI already said they would fix it) as I am worried about fitness. My players finish matches sometimes with 50%, it never happened in any previous version of FM no matter how much match fitness they were lacking (and this is match fit players anyway I see at 50% frequently). Benitez always gets criticised for his rotation policy, I need to rotate 10 players (goalkeeper fitness not a problem) basically for every match I play.

Interesting. I've had the reverse of your problem with lots of injuries but ok (ish) conditions.

My lads normally finish with around between 60 - 75% unless they've picked up a knock in the game and I've kept them on, then they normally finish around 50%

same here.. i´ve got injuries in every single game and the last one i finished with three injuries.. one of them was ok after the game but the other two are injured for a longer period of time (2months and two weeks) .. my first team is 20 players and now six of them are injured (meaning cannot play for at least two upcoming matces). hopefully this will resolved on friday.

i´m sorry not in every single game.. i went through my league and cup games and discovered that in 13 games there were 5 games with no injuries and in the 13 games i´ve played i´ve had 17 injuries ( this includes all injuries meaning the white based and the green based crosses)

Player condition at the end of a game does depend on the level you are playing at (e.g. semi-pro) and the weather during games and your tactics and a whole load of other things.

I've had teams in previous versions were every player finished the game with condition in the 40s because it was tough weather and we were a lower league team playing a high tempo game.

Archived