Negotiating a transfer

for what reason does a club, when negotiating a price for a player up there bid Ie. I'll offer 1 million for Ayala they come back with 2.2 million, so i counter offer 1.8 million so they come back with 3.2 million and 500.000 over 24 months. confusion.. is this part of real life talks or a bad bit about FM.

If they haven't got it right after 15 years, what makes you think a code rewrite will?

They stated that it wasn't to change how it worked, just to make it less bloated and buggy. Until they make a conscious design decision to code a transfer system that begins to hint at reality, it'll be this way.

I can honestly say I haven't encountered this, and I'm finding buying players much better due to teams accepting reasonable amounts. Not only this but I've found it very easy to sell players I don' want if I use the offer to clubs option

I agree, I've yet to see a bad looking transfer deal go through. Loan to buy seems to work very well as well now. I decided to see if I could get anywhere near £19m for Keane. I managed to get Villa to pay £5m for the season, with the option to buy him for £14m. Used that money to buy one young striker and bring in a couple of Real Madrid kids on options to buy.

I still don't understand why people think clubs should always agree to sell the player. It's like when teams price players out, like Alves two seasons ago, and Arshavin this season. They want to quote a price that they think you definitely won't pay, OR if you pay, then they are getting a big profit to make up for it.

Seems odd that the exact same problems with transfers are still there after they've rewritten the code. :mad:

This has definately been fixed. I've had several deals go through that I've had a very good 'back and forth' negotiation with.

I still don't understand why people think clubs should always agree to sell the player. It's like when teams price players out, like Alves two seasons ago, and Arshavin this season. They want to quote a price that they think you definitely won't pay, OR if you pay, then they are getting a big profit to make up for it.

Exactly, I do the exact same when AI makes offers for our own players......Makes it a bit more realistic in my opinion.

for what reason does a club, when negotiating a price for a player up there bid Ie. I'll offer 1 million for Ayala they come back with 2.2 million, so i counter offer 1.8 million so they come back with 3.2 million and 500.000 over 24 months. confusion.. is this part of real life talks or a bad bit about FM.

To give SI the benefit of the doubt, maybe, they've made 2.2m the asking price to put you off furthering your bid. Then when they realise you could possibly afford that (by offering 1.8m) they considerably increased the price again to 3.2m. Just a suggestion which possibly reflects real-life actions?

Archived