New Goalkepping Attributes

in South America and other places goalkeepers often take penalties.

Remember Chilavert? He often scored from insane free kicks - usually due to the other goalkeeper being rubbish mind :D

Butt as mentioned always takes penalties for Leverkusen.

Jorge Campos was another who took penalties. Its quite common.

Erm...because he might be your best penalty taker.

In RL perhaps, in FM other attributes come into effect. In FM08 and previous versions I never even look at a players penalty attribute, I just look at composure and find it far more important for penalty taking. Also look at it for free kicks as well.

I think this could make the game a little weird.

In 08 loads of keepers have high FK ratings, but few people knew them so it wasn't too much of a problem. But now there is a stat for it I reckon we'll be getting people comlaining that their GK's score too much...

I'd prefer a penalty saving att TBH.

I think this could make the game a little weird.

In 08 loads of keepers have high FK ratings, but few people knew them so it wasn't too much of a problem. But now there is a stat for it I reckon we'll be getting people comlaining that their GK's score too much...

I'd prefer a penalty saving att TBH.

there was a thread on this a bit ago. researchers already give gk's a penalty saving stat.

You can see a goalkeeper's penalty taking stat in 08, you have to change the thing that you can see when viewing your squad in a game from condition to penalty taking stat and they have one.

Thanks for that, I didn't know.

I must look up my GK's to see if they're any good. :thup:

Archived