How were demo's for fm previously released?

And how long before?

Last year in 2008 it was released on a sunday through the news of the world.

As i recall, the game was released on the friday two weeks and five days after the demo.

How about previous years?

What other ways has the demo been available?

Is it normally something thats had to be downloaded?

I know everyone gets annoyed about demo threads but just would like to get some previous facts together regarding this asap so that we know what to expect.

iirc it was out to dowload off here last year. i know i didnt get it out the paper.... and usually around 2 weeks before the actual game. game release is set for 14th nov.. so ya can work it from there

i think they emailed us about it if i remember correctly, just check ur email inbox!

you probably will get an email as well, as itll be out on the sega website i reckon.

it should also be in a sticky thread in here...

As for how or when they come out, I refer to the post I put up last week:

Hi, before everyone reads this and is mis-led please consider the following:

Yes, the demo came out in September last year - Sunday September 30th, as a promotion with the News of the World newspaper. The game was *due* for release on 19th October - so that's 19 days before the release date.

For a November 14th release date, a 19 day appearance of the demo would mean 26th October. So based on that it shouldn't be out for another 11 days - and the 19 days was just what it happened to be last year, it's not a rule so could be sooner, could be later.

FM2007's demo came out 20 days early, FM2006 and FM2005 were both 21 days early.

Hope that clears a few things up :)

Obviously now replace 11 days with 4. :)

For as long as i can remeber the demo has been constructed with the final game code (excluding bespoke beta demo's) therefore it usually offers a very accurate representation of the boxed game.

Personally i will be missing the demo this year, i dont want to spoil the magic of release day. As far as i am concerned a demo is way to try a game you are considering buying, but want to know what your getting. I have known since 08 was released that i would be buying 09, i dont need confirmation that 09 will be great.

will they be available for direct download from a website or what?

Well we know from things said by Miles already that it'll be on Steam and it will be torrented (yes, they're come in "legal" too! :D)

They're gonna be available from the News of the World website again I believe.

Source? Or gut feeling?

Archived